The Student Room Group

Geology - A-level options

HELP!!!
At the moment, the 2 options that I'm going to take to a full A-level and I'm 100% happy with are Biology and Geography. now for the tricky part. For my 3rd option I'm taking ICT, My four option is between History and psychology. Which should I take, History or psychology ?, and should I take ICT or History/psychology to a full A-level ?
take history. i would replace ICT with chemistry though
Reply 2
Original post by Rory456
HELP!!!
At the moment, the 2 options that I'm going to take to a full A-level and I'm 100% happy with are Biology and Geography. now for the tricky part. For my 3rd option I'm taking ICT, My four option is between History and psychology. Which should I take, History or psychology ?, and should I take ICT or History/psychology to a full A-level ?

I would pick history, as it's better regarded, however, you should aim to pick another science such as chemistry or physics, especially if you're applying for geology/earth sciences.

This pdf, published by the Russell Group of top unis outlines well-regarded a-levels and the best alevels for specific degrees:
http://russellgroup.ac.uk/media/informed-choices/InformedChoices-latest.pdf

UCL, for example says: 'Two science-based subjects preferred' for geology

However, having said that, it does depend on the reputation of the uni and entry requirements do vary. Ultimately you should go for the one you enjoy most, as this is what you'll get the best result in :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by louisjevans
take history. i would replace ICT with chemistry though

totally agree- IT is pointless i would recommend chemistry too
Reply 4
Pick chem or physics if you plan on doing geology and maybe even maths, they will not only help you with geological processes but also make sure your a competitive candidate. (Not that it's that competitive)
Keep bio and geog though, also look into palaeontology.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending