The Student Room Group

Do you believe the world really will END this month?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
its all a bunch of bull ****. the world is NOT gonna end this month. the mayan calender ending signifies the START of a NEW BEGINNING. dont believe all those fools on the internet claiming we're all doomed blah blah blah. they have nothing beter to do with life, they just wanna scare people.
There is no SOLID SCIENTIFICAL EVIDENCE that the world is going to end this month. bunch of crap.
i remember when they said theres gonna be bombs at the london 2012 olympic games, i actually believed it after watching so many fools on youtube and reading so many articles on the net. Guess what?.....NOTHING HAPPENED.
dont be scared, peoples have been saying the world will end from the beggining of time.
Reply 41
Original post by Maccees
I'm eating the rest of my advent calendar chocolate on the 20th just in case.

Nooo, don't give me an excuse to eat my chocolates early! I've been doing so well this year!
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't think it will, but even if it does, there's no point worrying as no one can do anything about it, so meh. And End of the World party seems interesting though :smile:

Was she resigning anyway and just using that as a joke excuse, or was she actually being serious? :lol:

She was being serious, she hated ASDA.
Original post by Tiya123
its all a bunch of bull ****. the world is NOT gonna end this month. the mayan calender ending signifies the START of a NEW BEGINNING. dont believe all those fools on the internet claiming we're all doomed blah blah blah. they have nothing beter to do with life, they just wanna scare people.
There is no SOLID SCIENTIFICAL EVIDENCE that the world is going to end this month. bunch of crap.
i remember when they said theres gonna be bombs at the london 2012 olympic games, i actually believed it after watching so many fools on youtube and reading so many articles on the net. Guess what?.....NOTHING HAPPENED.
dont be scared, peoples have been saying the world will end from the beggining of time.
The movie 2012 makes it so real...and scary..creeps me out :zomg:
Maybe I should postpone my revision until the 21st, just in case. Don't want to be wasting my time :laugh:. Ohh procrastination.
Reply 45
Of course it's true! The Mayans were such an advanced civilisation who even predicted their fall by the Spanish, so how could anyone deny the accuracy of their doomsday prediction?...Oh wait...

Anyway, as far as I know the Mayan calendar merely ends on the 21st. It doesn't say anything about the world ending, so meh.
Original post by im so fresh
i just hope i get laid before hand. since i don't want to die a virgin.

Seeking a partner for the end of the world eh? :sexface:
Reply 47
Personally don't believe that it will but my gosh I'd much rather that happen than revise for January exams!
Every single religious and historical group have had predictions on the end of the world.

I won't believe any world-ending cataclysm is going to happen unless Nasa tells me directly.
Reply 49
Original post by Sid98

the people that created the movie 2012 have become so rich off it. The reason for that movie was because they knew it would become such a huge hit due to the fact that theres so much stigma around the whole 'world ending in 2012' thing. The directors and producers knew they would make millions, possibly billions out of that movie.
Dont be fooled by the media, they are all money motivated.
Calendar:

20th: Get highlights.
21st: World ends.
About time.
Reply 52
It better not do: I haven't done all this A-Level work for nothing!
Original post by Sid98

you're joking right?
We are actually past the Mayan date as they didn't include leap years.
no, ARTPOP is coming 2013.
Yes. :rolleyes:
I'd like 2 plate squat preferably before the end of the world, so hopefully it do...
Reply 58
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/mayan-apocalypse-2012--how-predictions-came-from-new-age-magic-mushroom-trip-130852054.html

so essentially some guy came up with the idea after taking a magic mushroom trip..:redface:
Not sure if its true or not.. But the world isn't going to end..
Chin up..
but if it does it means that I've spent most of my life at school. How Annoying :angry:
i don't think it will end, but something will happen...

Quick Reply

Latest