The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone applying for Computer Science MSci for 2013 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Whoop just got my offer from lancaster today :smile: definitely firming it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
1. What are you currently studying? I am currently studying the IB
2. What did you get in your first year?N/a
3. Are you Female/Male?Male
4. Have you completed your UCAS application? Yes Ive completed it ~3 weeks ago
Unis ive applied to:Lancaster (offer received?)
Leicester (offer received)
Nottingham (awaiting reply)
Northumbria(offer received)
Hull(offer received)

I received a letter from the lancaster admissions tutor saying that they would "recommend" me to the university for this course as long as I get my predicted grades, My ucas hasnt updated and I am semi-confused, was this an offer or are they still looking into it?=o

I'm assuming that its an offer, and Lancaster will most likely be my firm choice =D! Oh just realised that I applied for bsc not msci...oops =p
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by joy_to_the_world
Oh crap! I've got competition :biggrin: Any offers?

Haha
Lancaster, Leicester and Aberystwyth have all made me offers :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Tish
Why didn't you check the grade boundaries before you applied? Maybe you wouldn't be unsuccessful.

Anyways, my friend got an offer from Lanc about 1.5 weeks ago and it didn't actually say what the typical letters would say. It looked more like a confirmation letter. But no his UCAS took a week to update though.

I want to firm lanc, maybe make leeds or liv insurance.

When i visited i asked recent grads if that was the case (regards to your accommodation question).

And they said that your lectures can be pretty much anywhere on campus so when you visit go for the accomm that you feel is right.

Personally i loved grizedale, but if i get an offer ill revisit and take a better look at everything :smile:

Hi, I got a letter from Lancaster yesterday offering me a place with no grade requirements,and I haven't received anything on UCAS yet, I wonder if they are waiting until after the deadline
Original post by seana39223
Hi, I got a letter from Lancaster yesterday offering me a place with no grade requirements,and I haven't received anything on UCAS yet, I wonder if they are waiting until after the deadline

You will get accepted soon :smile: they accepted both me and my mate via post, and then accepted us on UCAS a week or 2 later...
My friends decided to leave me though and he's accepted Kings College London as firm instead so am all alone! :P
Reply 45
Original post by debateamate
You will get accepted soon :smile: they accepted both me and my mate via post, and then accepted us on UCAS a week or 2 later...
My friends decided to leave me though and he's accepted Kings College London as firm instead so am all alone! :P

oh okay, thanks a lot, hopefully see you there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh okay, thanks a lot, hopefully see you there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aye hopefully:smile:
I'm applying for the MSci and Lancaster is definitely my first choice. Like you all said, there was something about it on the open day that just felt right :smile: I'm just waiting to receive my offer now!

1) I'm currently studying a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Software Development

2) I'm predicted D*DD and on track for it

3) I'm male

4) I've sent it off and I'm waiting for my offer :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Track finally changed and received my conditional offer :biggrin: So happy! Still thinking if I will firm it, though. It's either Lancaster or Liverpool!
Reply 49
Lancaster, Leicster, Aberyswyth and Coventrt have all made me offers. I'm just waiting to hear back from Reading
Reply 50
1. What are you currently studying?

Finished BTEC in Software Development with D*D*D

I finished in June 2012. I'm on a gap year.

2. What did you get in your first year?

All distinctions

3. Are you Female/Male?

Male

4. Have you completed your UCAS application?

Yes but only just sent it so still waiting for an offer. Lancaster is my first choice of course :smile:

Hope to see you there XD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by FilipinoGuy
Track finally changed and received my conditional offer :biggrin: So happy! Still thinking if I will firm it, though. It's either Lancaster or Liverpool!

Im firming lanc 100%

Reply 52
Original post by FilipinoGuy
Still hasn't received response so I'm quite nervous. Goodluck to everyone!

Are there any open days/applicant days on April?

You will receive an open day letter, if you get an offer otherwise no.

Reply 53

My UCAS was updated like 3 days after. I might see you at the open day hehehe ^_^

Reply 54
Original post by canmanu
1. What are you currently studying? I am currently studying the IB
2. What did you get in your first year?N/a
3. Are you Female/Male?Male
4. Have you completed your UCAS application? Yes Ive completed it ~3 weeks ago
Unis ive applied to:Lancaster (offer received?)
Leicester (offer received)
Nottingham (awaiting reply)
Northumbria(offer received)
Hull(offer received)

I received a letter from the lancaster admissions tutor saying that they would "recommend" me to the university for this course as long as I get my predicted grades, My ucas hasnt updated and I am semi-confused, was this an offer or are they still looking into it?=o

I'm assuming that its an offer, and Lancaster will most likely be my firm choice =D! Oh just realised that I applied for bsc not msci...oops =p

How long did it take for Leicester to reply back to you?
Reply 55
Original post by naf786
How long did it take for Leicester to reply back to you?

Around 3 weeks :smile:
Reply 56
Got an offer from lancaster definitely firming it! See you guys at the open days =D
Reply 57
Original post by canmanu
Got an offer from lancaster definitely firming it! See you guys at the open days =D

Which one you going to?

Reply 58
Hey guys, currently in my second year studying Computer Science at Lancaster. The first year of the course is teaching the basics from the ground up. No previous programming experience is required. My one major tip to you lot would be to review your notes each week, it's too easy in first year to go out 3-4-5 times a week but you'll need to know all the basics to advance in 2nd year. In terms of gender ratio it's about 90% male (sorry guys!). Most of the lecturers are great to work with as long as you put the work in. Good luck with the exams and your applications!
Reply 59
Original post by Pyrao
Hey guys, currently in my second year studying Computer Science at Lancaster. The first year of the course is teaching the basics from the ground up. No previous programming experience is required. My one major tip to you lot would be to review your notes each week, it's too easy in first year to go out 3-4-5 times a week but you'll need to know all the basics to advance in 2nd year. In terms of gender ratio it's about 90% male (sorry guys!). Most of the lecturers are great to work with as long as you put the work in. Good luck with the exams and your applications!

Thanks for the tips :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending