The Student Room Group

Dietetics 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Hi there, is anyone going to the Chester interview tomorrow? I'll be there on my own, so will be nice to say hi to some friendly faces.
Reply 221
Hi everyone i have applied on the 15th jan to Surr, Herts, King's, LonMet and Plymouth. However i have only heard from Surr, Plymouth and LonMet that they have received my application. Anyone with similar experience?
Original post by Oxfordm
Hi everyone i have applied on the 15th jan to Surr, Herts, King's, LonMet and Plymouth. However i have only heard from Surr, Plymouth and LonMet that they have received my application. Anyone with similar experience?

Hello I have applied to kings, notts,Surrey, Leeds met and Plymouth.. On the 27 December.. I have had an offer from Plymouth and confirmation of the others but no offers from them yet! :frown: glad I'm not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Can anyone who went to the King's interview remember when they said they'd get back to us with an answer? I thought it was April, but a friend thinks it was March 31st. xx
Reply 224
You are lucky that you are not playing the everlasting waiting game.
Original post by Oxfordm
You are lucky that you are not playing the everlasting waiting game.

I am playing the same waiting game :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
I am really confused, what's happened with nottingham D: I didn't hear anything about a questionaire on my interview letter :frown:

"Nutrition - Application Questionnaire
The admissions process is now closed for this year. We are sorry, but if you had started to fill out the dietetics questionnaire you will not now be able to proceed with your submission"

does this mean I haven't got my interview on 13th Feb like it said on the letter i received in the post? about 1 month back
Original post by xxZazxx
I am really confused, what's happened with nottingham D: I didn't hear anything about a questionaire on my interview letter :frown:

"Nutrition - Application Questionnaire
The admissions process is now closed for this year. We are sorry, but if you had started to fill out the dietetics questionnaire you will not now be able to proceed with your submission"

does this mean I haven't got my interview on 13th Feb like it said on the letter i received in the post? about 1 month back

Which course have you applied for? I never got any questionnaire with my interview stuff I just checked the stuff I received and unless it was in the bit you had to send back I don't think I got one. The best thing I think you can do is get in touch with the admissions staff and ask? :smile: fingers crossed for you it's all okay though!
Reply 228
Original post by SophieLowndes
Which course have you applied for? I never got any questionnaire with my interview stuff I just checked the stuff I received and unless it was in the bit you had to send back I don't think I got one. The best thing I think you can do is get in touch with the admissions staff and ask? :smile: fingers crossed for you it's all okay though!

Dietetics/master of nutrition :smile:! but ah panic over lol, i called up today and they said they stopped doing the questionaires 2 years ago, they just forgot to delete the page from the nottingham portal, pheew i got really scared :s-smilie:, they really need to delete that page
Hi has anyone applied for dietetics at any scottish unis??

I have applied at GCU, QMU and RGU!

If anyone has applied to the those unis for Dietetics and Nutrition...have any offers been made to you yet?

thanks.
Reply 230
Got an offer for Plymouth, was originally planning to make Ulster my first choice since Im from Northern Ireland but the three year course is very tempting (and my entry exam to Ulster went horribly :smile:).

Does anyone know if there is any difference in quality between the 3 and 4 year courses?
Original post by skribble
Got an offer for Plymouth, was originally planning to make Ulster my first choice since Im from Northern Ireland but the three year course is very tempting (and my entry exam to Ulster went horribly :smile:).

Does anyone know if there is any difference in quality between the 3 and 4 year courses?

The only difference I think is we do the placements during the summer instead of term time! The course at Plymouth looks really good.. And probably will have to work harder to fit it all in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plymouth is a very condensed course. The terms are longer than an average course and like already mentioned above some of the placements in the 2nd and 3rd years are over the summer. I only applied to Plymouth as I didn't want to uproot my family, thankfully I got my offer with conditions they said to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

does anyone have any opinions on Leeds Met? I got an unconditional offer from them today which I'm thinking about accepting. I have a conditional (only for nutrition) at Nottingham which I'll turn down. I have a conditional from Chester and cardiff but I'm worried as I won't receive the results for my current course until September, and cardiff warns that if your conditions are not met by 31.08.13 then the offer could be withdrawn. I'm tempted to accept Leeds unconditional and save myself a lot of panic!

Emma xx
Original post by Emma_Alicia
Hi everyone,

does anyone have any opinions on Leeds Met? I got an unconditional offer from them today which I'm thinking about accepting. I have a conditional (only for nutrition) at Nottingham which I'll turn down. I have a conditional from Chester and cardiff but I'm worried as I won't receive the results for my current course until September, and cardiff warns that if your conditions are not met by 31.08.13 then the offer could be withdrawn. I'm tempted to accept Leeds unconditional and save myself a lot of panic!

Emma xx

Hey I got an offer from them too and it's my favourite! I loved the location, slap bang in the middle of Leeds with everything you need around you. It's really modern in terms of the campus the course is on, and everyone was really friendly. The accommodation isn't directly next to the uni but the main buildings are like 5 minutes away with regular bus access. They offer a non clinical placement too outside of the NHS which can be taken abroad or for a company to give you more experience in to the careers you can go in to too which really swayed it for me! Honestly it's a really lovely university in my opinion :smile:
Hey I got an offer from them too and it's my favourite! I loved the location, slap bang in the middle of Leeds with everything you need around you. It's really modern in terms of the campus the course is on, and everyone was really friendly. The accommodation isn't directly next to the uni but the main buildings are like 5 minutes away with regular bus access. They offer a non clinical placement too outside of the NHS which can be taken abroad or for a company to give you more experience in to the careers you can go in to too which really swayed it for me! Honestly it's a really lovely university in my opinion :smile:

Is the Leeds Met course 3 or 4 years?
Reply 236
Has Anyone that was at interview in Chester for Dietetics last week heard anything back yet?

Hey Sophie,

yhanks for the message. I live in paris at the moment so I think I'd love s placement elsewhere too.
leeds is definitely A contender, but I've decided to wait until the end of march to decide.

leeds looking like a contender but have to review
For anyone who had their coventry interview, did you have to bring in the crb screening forms then or do you send them in later, my interview is saturday so i just need to be prepared :smile: also btw how did you find the interview as different unis have different styles, chesters was really relaxed (group interview) while i found london met was more formal ( no group interview but written assessment)
Reply 239
Original post by star:)
Has Anyone that was at interview in Chester for Dietetics last week heard anything back yet?

No I have not heard anything yet.. It could be a few weeks before we do

Quick Reply

Latest