The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by constantmeowage
The thought of driving makes me feel really responsible for the safety of the world...hence why it makes my stomach churn. :tongue:

...a couple of books...? :colone:

:colone:
Original post by James A
:colone:

All I can say is that it is very exciting :wink:
Hey y'all, I'm a teetotal and part-time social outcast hopefully going to Durham to study Physics! How have I not seen this thread before?
Original post by wrexhamfc
Hey y'all, I'm a teetotal and part-time social outcast hopefully going to Durham to study Physics! How have I not seen this thread before?

Welcomes! :biggrin: Glad you finally joined us :tongue:
Reply 404
Oxford Chemistry, glad I've found this thread! More of a one to go for a nice quiet evening stroll or a night in watching TV and on the laptop (drinking tea of course). Enjoy 1-1 company but groups are a no-no :P
Original post by extons
Oxford Chemistry, glad I've found this thread! More of a one to go for a nice quiet evening stroll or a night in watching TV and on the laptop (drinking tea of course). Enjoy 1-1 company but groups are a no-no :P

Welcome, good luck for getting into Oxford! :redface: Science makes my head hurt... :frown:
Reply 406
Original post by James A
yeah, they went really well, so I'll be on target for AAB (which is what I need to get into Reading :P )

Yeah my last exam was the Wednesday that just went by and I feel bored already :sad:

I'll be looking for some cars tomorrow, because I'll be getting a first car soon!

Anything planned for the weekend?

I've applied for Reading as well! Not sure what reputation it has for partying but I don't plan on getting drunk. Not my kind of thing :s-smilie:
Original post by Kristi3
I've applied for Reading as well! Not sure what reputation it has for partying but I don't plan on getting drunk. Not my kind of thing :s-smilie:

I think it depends on which halls tbh.

Stenton, Mackinder, Childs, tend to have a fair chunk of people who like alcohol.

Don't get me wrong, I like alcohol too, but I will just have one of two ciders and that's it. Getting drunk to the point where you're on the floor is just not worth it.

It would be cool though if the non-drinkers could have like a meet up during freshers. Just a suggestion :s-smilie:
Reply 408
Original post by James A
I think it depends on which halls tbh.

Stenton, Mackinder, Childs, tend to have a fair chunk of people who like alcohol.

Don't get me wrong, I like alcohol too, but I will just have one of two ciders and that's it. Getting drunk to the point where you're on the floor is just not worth it.

It would be cool though if the non-drinkers could have like a meet up during freshers. Just a suggestion :s-smilie:

Yeah I haven't really drunk much alcohol before but I'm not completely adverse to a few drinks but I agree, getting smashed seems pointless.

A meet up sounds like a great idea :biggrin:
Reply 409
Original post by Jennejy
I'm not sure how I feel about fresher's week right now :s-smilie: I drink if there's something I like (Archers and lemonade is a personal favourite) but I'm not interested in getting utterly smashed. I just don't like it. Hopefully people won't think I'm too weird - especially since the college I'm going for (Lancaster uni has a college system) has a bit of a reputation as a 'party college' - 15 hour bar crawl, etc.

Hello :smile: I'm the same, and I'm going to Lancaster too! So we can be the weirdos together haha (but I'm glad someone else feels the same as it makes me worried too) :s-smilie:
Reply 410
Hello! Glad I found this forum because it makes me feel a lot more 'ok' with not being interested in going out and drinking all the time :smile: Anyone going to Lancaster?
Reply 411
Original post by zazzles94
Hello :smile: I'm the same, and I'm going to Lancaster too! So we can be the weirdos together haha (but I'm glad someone else feels the same as it makes me worried too) :s-smilie:

YAY!! What college have you applied to?
Reply 412
Original post by Jennejy
YAY!! What college have you applied to?

Lonsdale as my first then Furness :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Lonsdale as my first then Furness :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Furness was my first, then Grizedale :smile: I'm doing English Lit with Creative Writing, what course are you on?
Reply 414
Original post by Jennejy
Furness was my first, then Grizedale :smile: I'm doing English Lit with Creative Writing, what course are you on?

I'm doing computer science :smile: funnily enough I wanted to do that course in like year 11 but I changed my mind :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 415
I'm doing computer science :smile: funnily enough I wanted to do that course in like year 11 but I changed my mind :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, really? English to computer science is a bit of a jump! Though, saying that, I did want to be a vet until I was about 14, sooo...
Reply 416
Original post by Jennejy
Haha, really? English to computer science is a bit of a jump! Though, saying that, I did want to be a vet until I was about 14, sooo...

I know :') but yeah I was interested in English until alevel then it bored me :tongue: but I still enjoy writing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know :') but yeah I was interested in English until alevel then it bored me :tongue: but I still enjoy writing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poetry? :smile: And why did A-Level English bore you (though I think I can guess the answer)?
Reply 418
Original post by KingMessi
Poetry? :smile: And why did A-Level English bore you (though I think I can guess the answer)?

Probably because I wanted to do creative writing but it was more about gender theories and stuff (but tbh I did find that interesting) just wasn't what I expected :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 419
Yeah same! Do you know when we actually find out? I've heard all different things :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending