The Student Room Group

Why did you and an ex break up? any regrets?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I moved to the other side of the world.

I had to end it right then and there... British women are too beautiful.
Reply 2
Original post by Canaduh
I moved to the other side of the world.

I had to end it right then and there... British women are too beautiful.

aww, that's quite sad. Hopefully you'll find another one soon
Reply 3
Well, we left primary school and she went to an all-girl's school, I'm not a girl, and that was that.
Think this is in the wrong place :erm:
Reply 5
Original post by snowyowl
Think this is in the wrong place :erm:

what do you mean? (sorry, kinda new here) :P
Reply 6
Original post by Vitamin D
Because he tried to make me 'wait' for him over summer and was generally a bit of an arse so I found someone better.

good for you! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by saraw26
what do you mean? (sorry, kinda new here) :P

This is currently in "TSR Help and Feedback" section. This would be better of in the relationship section. :tongue:
Because we (particularly me) didn't really feel the same anymore, and he wasn't willing to commit when I asked. The whole thing was a shambles. Plus I was falling for someone else (this more than anything showed how my heart just wasn't in it at all anymore) and I didn't want to lead him on. We'd actually broken up a while ago but had tentatively gotten back into contact when we started uni, but it just wasn't working. Lesson learnt in regards to trying to rekindle a broken, already dead relationship with an ex.

I think most relationships end because the "spark" fizzes out, and things aren't strong enough to hold the relationship together. That or because they weren't suited in the first place and incompatibility makes itself known through way too many arguments. In some cases, it's both at the same time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Cryl
This is currently in "TSR Help and Feedback" section. This would be better of in the relationship section. :tongue:

oh haha, it never asked me to select a category, I did think that was a little weird. Can I change it?
I guess I didn't make her as happy as I wanted to? Messed up many times doing silly things which I regret greatly.

Regret not doing as much as I wanted to with her but it was difficult being in an LDR and not having a job.

She's most likely a much happier person without me now so I guess I'm happy that she's happy, she helped me through a lot :h:
Reply 11
Original post by desdemonata
Because we (particularly me) didn't really feel the same anymore, and he wasn't willing to commit when I asked. The whole thing was a shambles. Plus I was falling for someone else and I didn't want to lead him on.

I think most relationships end because the "spark" fizzes out, and things aren't strong enough to hold the relationship together. That or because they weren't suited in the first place and incompatibility makes itself known through way too many arguments. In some cases, it's both at the same time...

I thought most women would cheat in that situation?
Reply 12
Original post by desdemonata
Because we (particularly me) didn't really feel the same anymore, and he wasn't willing to commit when I asked. The whole thing was a shambles. Plus I was falling for someone else and I didn't want to lead him on.

I think most relationships end because the "spark" fizzes out, and things aren't strong enough to hold the relationship together. That or because they weren't suited in the first place and incompatibility makes itself known through way too many arguments. In some cases, it's both at the same time...

Very true. If people are meant to be together, they will make it happen. If not, then it's "not meant to be"
Original post by bembem
I thought most women would cheat in that situation?

As I said in my edited post, we weren't actually together. Hence the asking him to commit (which I asked because he had gotten with other people). If we had been, due to the circumstances, I wouldn't have met the person I fell for. As is, I realised who my mind was on and cut things off with my ex.

Actually it wouldn't be about being female. It would be about being a douche.
And to answer the regrets part, none as to the act of cutting things off. However I do wish we'd never gotten back into contact at all, or that once we had, I realised sooner that things were already over.
Reply 15
Well my last gf said "said you don't love me" and I replied saying "its true"... She threw her purse on my face but i ended up dropping her at her hostel =\

No regrets... Just memorable experience =

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
He would ask me to come see him, being really nice etc.
On the day I was going to see him I'd get ready and then he'd say he had to work so I couldn't come over. I followed him on twitter and could blatantly see he wasn't at work. Then he'd ignore me for a couple weeks, and repeat.
So basically, he ignored me more than he talked to me.
Reply 17
Original post by georose
He would ask me to come see him, being really nice etc.
On the day I was going to see him I'd get ready and then he'd say he had to work so I couldn't come over. I followed him on twitter and could blatantly see he wasn't at work. Then he'd ignore me for a couple weeks, and repeat.
So basically, he ignored me more than he talked to me.

omg, what an idiot. You're definitely better off without him!
Reply 18
Original post by saraw26
omg, what an idiot. You're definitely better off without him!

Aha, thank you. I still miss him after 8 months so I just have to keep reminding myself he was horrible to me.
Got together, she went to America for a year, met at Christmas everything was fine. Organised a time to meet up when she got back in the summer. Told me we had to "talk"... It was clear she hadn't bothered responding properly to my texts etc.. so i just thought what's the point meeting up if you're gonna break it off. And didn't meet up in the end. Probably the worst pointless relationship i'll ever had. She might like me again now though. We text a fair bit. I must stop this... But we are friends also. meh! ah wells. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending