The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Beaumont Court 2013-14?

Thought I would start a thread for those living in Beaumont Court from September!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope I get in Beaumont, that one and creed are the ones i liked the most on the open day. Alas no qmul email in my inbox yet!! :x
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey (:
Just got my housing offer for Beaumont Court earlier!
So excited!!!! Worth taking??
Reply 3
I can't even remember wha i applied for! Is Beaumont court en suite?
Reply 4
Hey guys! On what date did you send your housing application?
Reply 5
I applied for accommodation a day or two after the application was released and I got my offer yesterday.
The whole block is Standard En-Suite rooms. I think.
Anyone know what room they're in yet?? So excited
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Got my offer for Beaumont earlier today. It's the one opposite the cemetery with the bar and shop on the ground floor If I remember correctly, not sure if those are such great things haha.

It should say what room you're in if you follow the link with the offer in it and then go to the second page of the whole information thing and deposit thing that comes up.
Reply 7
Original post by xxm
I can't even remember wha i applied for! Is Beaumont court en suite?

Yea bro it's definitely en suite, and I think it's the "En suite Standard" type on the application.
Reply 8
Hey I have got my room allocation for Beaumont court today! Drop me a message if you are on floor D!
Reply 9
Original post by rturo3000
Yea bro it's definitely en suite, and I think it's the "En suite Standard" type on the application.

Is France house the best one?
Reply 10
I got a Beaumont Court offer today :smile: i applied in March and it just came through now, what will you guys be studying?
I got Beaumont Court! I'm in 09B :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by xxm
Is France house the best one?

I only saw it from the outside, but I've done a good bit of reading on the halls at QM. What I've understood is that the rooms are slightly more spacious, and they have a bath tub in the en suite.
However, that makes for less people per floor (I think it's 4)

And generally it's the building that was built the most recently so I figure that means it might be in a better state.

Edit:
I put down Standard and Economy before Premium (which is France) as my preferences in my accommodation application because I'd rather share a kitchen with more people than have a bathtub and an extra couple of square feet, cause I figure it'll be more fun.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by rturo3000
I only saw it from the outside, but I've done a good bit of reading on the halls at QM. What I've understood is that the rooms are slightly more spacious, and they have a bath tub in the en suite.
However, that makes for less people per floor (I think it's 4)

And generally it's the building that was built the most recently so I figure that means it might be in a better state.

Edit:
I put down Standard and Economy before Premium (which is France) as my preferences in my accommodation application because I'd rather share a kitchen with more people than have a bathtub and an extra couple of square feet, cause I figure it'll be more fun.

You see I put BEaumont as my first choice but I've been offered France House. I'm unsure though. Does being offered a place mean you have a chance of getting in?
Reply 14
Original post by xxm
You see I put BEaumont as my first choice but I've been offered France House. I'm unsure though. Does being offered a place mean you have a chance of getting in?

I don't know, but I've recently had to call housing services a couple of times and they seem really accessible. I'd recommend you give them a call in a few hours when they open and see if they can help you out.

They probably haven't allocated all the places yet so it's worth a shot :biggrin:
Reply 15
woooo, hello everyone, I'm going to be in Beaumont Court from September, I'll be in 26F, anyone else near there? :smile:
Reply 16
The deadline for accepting the offer for accommodation is the 18th of August :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Just confirmed my place in room 13E in Beaumont Court for September :smile:

Does anybody know what the '13' and the 'E' actually mean?
Reply 18
Original post by YoungJosh
Just confirmed my place in room 13E in Beaumont Court for September :smile:

Does anybody know what the '13' and the 'E' actually mean?

I believe the 13 refers to the flat number and the letter E to your room, I could be wrong though
I'm in 18E :smile:
Reply 19
I just accepted mine in 20E :smile: i cant wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending