The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Does the halls you go into really matter socially?

I'm planning on going into the pavillions and all I'm hearing online is that I'm going to be lonely there.

I'm considering asking if I can be moved to some other place like beaumont halls because it seems that I'm going to be isolated or something.

Does the village halls you go into really matter when it comes to making new friends? I'm shy as it is so this is a big thing for me.
Original post by Mayye35
I'm planning on going into the pavillions and all I'm hearing online is that I'm going to be lonely there.

I'm considering asking if I can be moved to some other place like beaumont halls because it seems that I'm going to be isolated or something.

Does the village halls you go into really matter when it comes to making new friends? I'm shy as it is so this is a big thing for me.

No it doesn't matter.
The people living there is what makes a halls social or not social. The building itself makes no different. Bricks don't make people party.
If you want a social life: join a society or two would be my advice.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Mayye35

Hi,

I stayed in village in my first year in and infact it was nothing like that at all
Village is perfectly made for first year students and for making friends, start off small with talking and getting to know your flatmates etc and it naturally gets easier to talk to new people through societies / events / parties
I made most of my friends in village and would really recommend living there for first year - most my friends were actually from pavillions too
While which village hall your in doesn't make much of a difference the pavillions and bowder court are some of the most centrally located halls in the village so slightly easier to bump into people + make friends (+ very close to the main village bus stop which is a bonus)
Reply 3
Original post by Mayye35

I wouldn't listen to what people online say about the halls. I lived in the Pavillions in first year and Nixon in second year and from my experience, the Pavillions was far more social. We all have eachother on Snapchat and had a groupchat too. Whereas people kept to themselves in Nixon and it wasn't social at all.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Yytggf
I wouldn't listen to what people online say about the halls. I lived in the Pavillions in first year and Nixon in second year and from my experience, the Pavillions was far more social. We all have eachother on Snapchat and had a groupchat too. Whereas people kept to themselves in Nixon and it wasn't social at all.
And what do you think caused this? The building or the people?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending