The Student Room Group

Are glasses uncool?

If you wear glasses, give me a heads up. Someone today told me they weren't and that 'no one wears 'um unless you lose your contacts'. I wear glasses and I'm pretty sure that loads other people do too. :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by What_me?
If you wear glasses, give me a heads up. Someone today told me they weren't and that 'no one wears 'um unless you lose your contacts'. I wear glasses and I'm pretty sure that loads other people do too. :s-smilie:

I wear glasses and don't really like wearing them because I don't think they suit me.

I wear my contacts as much as I can for this reason.

However I think they can look good on some people, and I actually like girls who wear them, makes them look a little more cultured (if that's the right word lol)
Reply 2
No because it's not your fault you need them. They're something to help you see better, not a fashion accessory.
Reply 3

Yeah people wear glasses for vision so they ain't really a fashion accessory so it would wrong to deem them as cool/uncool. Certain frames would be classed as cool though (The ones I got!) :smile:
I wear glasses, I know loads of people who do. It's perfectly normal but saying that, a lot of those glasses wearers wear contacts too.
There are enough people who wear glasses without corrective lenses because they feel they are fashionable, so no.

Have you considered contact lenses? If it bothers you, that might be a solution. I also think they are preferably for many other reasons.
I wear them, have for a very long time!
Reply 7
Original post by Staceyc1990
I wear them, have for a very long time!

not really answering the question though
Why do you care what others think?

in primary school the kid who wore glasses was called 'four eyed' by the other kids but im surprised people older than 10 still think its 'uncool' :eek:
No
Reply 10
I wear glasses, they're not uncool but I'd rather wear contacts if I could. But the idea of regularly touching my eye etc really put me off. I'd like laser eye surgery one day. BUT, I think glasses look great on some people.
Reply 11
Wear glasses, to be honest I dont even care! I dont think I've ever heard anyone who told me I look ugly with it! I tried contacts but they were too much hassle! If I take my glasses off people always say i look different xD In a good way though, it really depends on how you take it and if you just care enough of what they say! Personally I dont! xD
Really? Someone actually said that? So immature :facepalm:

No, they're not uncool. Many people wear them. I know a lot of people who do :h:
I think glasses are cool, and they suit some people (like me, I think! :ninja:) very well.
Reply 14

Ignore them. I think glasses can look really cool. I personally find people with the right glasses actually more attractive than without.

Original post by tehforum
not really answering the question though

Neither are you. At least she had the word "glasses" in her response, which is a lot more than can be said for you.
Reply 15
Original post by Mad Vlad
Ignore them. I think glasses can look really cool. I personally find people with the right glasses actually more attractive than without.

Neither are you. At least she had the word "glasses" in her response, which is a lot more than can be said for you.

moaning glasses wearer signal is going off.
Reply 16
Original post by tehforum
moaning glasses wearer signal is going off.

Do you know what siren went off the moment I saw your username, tehforum?

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by Mad Vlad
Do you know what siren went off the moment I saw your username, tehforum?

Spoiler

u mad?

The former is impossible.
Reply 18
They're cute on girls.
Reply 19
No, but if you pick ones that don't suit your face shape then yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest