The Student Room Group

Cold Sore

I am 14 years old and recently had a cold with typical symptoms. I've noticed a strange white blister above my upper lip that's slightly painful when touched. Is it possible that this is a cold sore? Is it a cause for concern, and what are its effects on individuals? Also, how common are cold sores? How common are they for teenagers?
Reply 1
really common and will likely go away on its own soon. no cause for concern :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am 14 years old and recently had a cold with typical symptoms. I've noticed a strange white blister above my upper lip that's slightly painful when touched. Is it possible that this is a cold sore? Is it a cause for concern, and what are its effects on individuals? Also, how common are cold sores? How common are they for teenagers?

You can get patches to cover them nowOne thing though they are very contagious so be more careful with cups ,glasses and cutlery.I got a coldsore from a dirty glass and passed it on to my brother through not isolating my glasses etc.He got a really nasty attack as did my boyfriend which spread to their mouths and face.

Quick Reply

Latest