The Student Room Group

Not happy with one of my Christmas presents, I wanted the other one

Hi all and may I wish you all a happy Christmas 2013!

I woke up today at 7:30 am, went downstairs with my parents and entered the living room. I was filled with excitement but then I opened the door, my eyes started to well up, last year there was a big pile of presents in the corner waiting for me but today there was only approx about 10. :confused:

I tried to hide my dismay, I walked up to what I knew was my main present and began tearing at the paper, sure enough was the TV. But as I looked closer I realized it was only the 42 inch 3d tv and not the 47 inch tv I asked for. also the tv I wanted was a white sony, instead I got a black Toshiba :facepalm:

I proceeded my act of gladness to please my parents or at least waiting for them to explain why they got me not the one I asked for but they acted oblivious to the matter. this means I think I have to question them about it later.

when they asked if I wanted to take it out of the box I didn't think about what I was saying, I just said no and they looked a little baffled

I'm just in a bad mood, what's the best way to go about it, should I ask them to swap it for the other one?

have you had any disappointments yet with your gifts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they also bought me a top in red, I hate red ! :argh:

the op-
Oh hey, Dudley Dursley.
Reply 3
1/10
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh hey, Dudley Dursley.

Hahahahahaha, perfect way to describe OP, Thats made my day:tongue:
Original post by mjj22
Hahahahahaha, perfect way to describe OP, Thats made my day:tongue:

:giggle:
Hehehe.
Reply 6
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh hey, Dudley Dursley.

He didn't start kicking his mother or rising a tantrum so you are wrong! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Troll or just a spoilt bratt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP all the kids who fall for trolls like you are too excited about Santa to be on TSR today, your trolling is falling on deaf ears.
Reply 9
Okay so apparently I am a bad person and a troll because my parents got me the wrong gifts, I am not ungrateful, just disappointed they didn't listen to me
I got a pair of speedos of my uncle count yourself lucky!
Troll/10 must try harder
Reply 12
"I proceeded my act of gladness to please my parents or at least waiting for them to explain why they got me not the one I asked for but they acted oblivious to the matter. this means I think I have to question them about it later."
Anyone who has read Harry Potter knows that Dudley was so spoiled that he wouldn't wait a second for explanation and start moaning and whining and kicking at anything within reach.

I hope OP would just accept the gifts silently since gifts are not something to brood about, if some stranger gifted you an object you don't like, it's wiser, decent and good to take it with your humblest gratitude for all the time,money, physical activity they wasted to buy you something. Same applies to your parents OP, so don't prove me wrong (that you aren't the second Big D). You will get over it and perhaps start liking your gifts. It's Christmas and try to enjoy it as much as possible by sharing, caring and smiling. :smile:
Merry Christmas!
Reply 13
Be thankful for what you've got a lot of people won't get that stuff for xmas, think about ti 47" TV is easily gonna be about £400+

Don't be a ungrateful sod
Reply 14
OP, this is how you're coming across....

Oh no! My parents didn't get me the TV I asked for, this one is 5 inches to small! Plus it's black.. I wanted a white one!!!

Seriously, people are waking up today with far worse and some kids with nothing, be grateful for what you receive please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Happy or not ?
Okay so apparently I am a bad person and a troll because my parents got me the wrong gifts, I am not ungrateful, just disappointed they didn't listen to me

Noone fell for it, just give up. Look at it this way OP people on tsr ALWAYS fall for trolls, so the fact noone is buying it is basically a Christmas miracle.
Reply 16
Original post by Ben6597
OP, this is how you're coming across....

Oh no! My parents didn't get me the TV I asked for, this one is 5 inches to small! Plus it's black.. I wanted a white one!!!

Seriously, people are waking up today with far worse and some kids with nothing, be grateful for what you receive please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amen to that brother i remember when i was a kid i was happy to unwrap a new Sklextric (spelling?) which at the time cost like £30 now people are getting half grand presents
Reply 17
Try harder next time, troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by phillocarroll
I got a pair of speedos of my uncle count yourself lucky!

That made me laugh far more than it should of :laugh:
Original post by Gjaykay
That made me laugh far more than it should of :laugh:

Why? He was like so serious like go and try them on for us. I was like hell no but I had to :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending