The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Obiejess
Nah cause I knew a guy with some massive feet and he didnt live up to the stereotype. However with hands its always been pretty accurate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it isn't in my case. :tongue:
Reply 21
No. Of course not. But have you met every woman to determine if they have a clitoris? There are some exceptions obviously but just because I havent based it on every bloke on the planet doesnt mean I dont have some sort of idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not much of an analogy there. Every woman has a clitoris at birth bar some extreme defects that are very uncommon. Far fewer guys with small hands/feet/whatever also happen to possess a small penis.
Guys with small hands weird me out. Unless they themselves are quite small (i.e 5"8 or shorter) in which case I sort of expect it

But yeah, large hands look more masculine which is always a good thing :smile:
Reply 23
No. Of course not. But have you met every woman to determine if they have a clitoris? There are some exceptions obviously but just because I havent based it on every bloke on the planet doesnt mean I dont have some sort of idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow are you seriously using that as an analogy? Nvm believe what you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no bcos hands any tinier than mine freak me OUT
Reply 25
Original post by Qymberley
Absolutely not, small hands are an disgrace, why would any female want to date a guy who has smaller hands than they do. I mean.. MAN UP MAN small hands can't protect a lady. Go pull on some dumbbells and stretch your hands.

... small hands mean nothing. Much so like height and nail length.

So is your grammar! :/
Reply 26
9 inch hands, size 12 shoes. I think.. I'm ok.
Reply 27
No I couldn't be with someone who had smaller hands than me! They are supposed to be a sign of masculinity. They are meant to make you feel safe when being held and small hands just won't be able to provide that :/
I have massive hands. Like, seriously massive. They've been bigger than a couple of my past boyfriend's and their probably equal to my current boyfriend. Doesn't really bother me.
Original post by MeMoiLove
So is your grammar! :/

Typos, shoot me :colone:
i always prefer men with bigger hands , manly hands that look like they can do things

if someone had smaller hands than me i would not be dating them , it just freaks me out - i used to date a guy who did and everything he did with his hands i just thought was overtly feminine

:ahee:
Reply 31
Yeah... that's what I meant :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope you never meant penis because that is not related to hand size or any other body part for that matter
Reply 32
Of course.
An old colleague of mine had some sort of isolated medical condition which gave him really tiny hands (I say tiny, he'd probably fit a ladies' size small in gloves). He didn't have any problems with women, and his hands weren't below average, they were genuinely small hands.

It seems like something only a really pernickety woman might consider a dealbreaker, so you're probably dodging a bullet which might hit us average-handed folks. We'll only find out she's a bit odd when she decides she won't go near a man until he has shaved a picture of HMS Victory into his chest hair, changed his name to Dave and cut each fingernail to precisely 1.3mm long.
Reply 34
Original post by leshaa16
No I couldn't be with someone who had smaller hands than me! They are supposed to be a sign of masculinity. They are meant to make you feel safe when being held and small hands just won't be able to provide that :/

Eh? Who the **** do you imagine will be holding you? The Jolly Green Giant? Guys usually hold women with their arms not their hands...

I hope you're being sarcastic
Probably would find it odd, especially as i have quite small hands :tongue:
Reply 36
I can't believe there are actually comments on here saying that small hands and shortness = lack of masculinity. I can only really reassure myself that these comments are coming from people who perhaps haven't really experienced real relationships and intimacy in a mature situation before. Unfortunately I'm probably wrong. o.o Mad.

You know Al Pacino is 5'7, right? Javier Bardem is too, apparently. Two very 'manly' men for sure.

heights.jpg

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I have massive hands. Like, seriously massive. They've been bigger than a couple of my past boyfriend's and their probably equal to my current boyfriend. Doesn't really bother me.

Ditto. Not a bother for either of us at all. I love being the same height and relative size as my boyfriend, makes me feel pleasantly in sync with him, right down to our fingertips. P;
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by awe
I can't believe there are actually comments on here saying that small hands and shortness = lack of masculinity. I can only really reassure myself that these comments are coming from people who perhaps haven't really experienced real relationships and intimacy in a mature situation before. Unfortunately I'm probably wrong. o.o Mad.

You know Al Pacino is 5'7, right? Javier Bardem is too, apparently. Two very 'manly' men for sure.

heights.jpg

Don't forget 5'9 Sylvester Stallone and 5'9 Robert De Niro who most girls on TSR would consider below their ideal size..
[h="3"]It's actually amazing how many small actors there are haha
Reply 38
Original post by Jordooooom
Don't forget 5'9 Sylvester Stallone and 5'9 Robert De Niro who most girls on TSR would consider below their ideal size..
[h="3"]It's actually amazing how many small actors there are haha

Yup! It's mad that such a thing should ever be directly related to strength or bravery, or whatever else people place into the construct of masculinity. Perhaps it's somewhat true with people who are putting on a facade and who are 'compensating' thus use their height to claim dominance and airs of excessive confidence... but realistically, it should say nothing towards the suitability of a partner personality-wise.
Reply 39
Original post by Qymberley
Typos, shoot me :colone:

Nah, thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending