The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
All you waiting list-ers will be pleased to know there's now one less person to compete with! I've just withdrawn from St Georges :biggrin:
Reply 1741
Apologies if this has happened or been asked, but is there any sort of group, like on facebook, for offer holders yet?
Reply 1742
Original post by m.o.a.
:frown: i got rejected after interview from birmingham now this is my last hope.
waiting list people how long after interview did u hear that u were put on it?
Im scared.

Someone answer
Reply 1743
Original post by spurskid
Apologies if this has happened or been asked, but is there any sort of group, like on facebook, for offer holders yet?

No there isn't yet. Would you like to start one? :smile:
Original post by m.o.a.
Someone answer

I got put on the waiting list less than 24 hrs after my interview. Have u had ur interview already?
Original post by medicdreamer
It depends from where you're coming from, are you going from the nearby tube station? If you are then go towards St Georges Hospital which is massive then turn in the right direction and circle the building pass the ambulances. You will walk up a few steps and when you in past the doors you will see some statues of Edward jenner and some info about St Georges and the reception is on the left.
That's one way of getting there but when you get there, just ask one of the health professionals and they will probably be able to show you the way.

Is this the entrance I need to go?st.png
Original post by Basit2010

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basit2010

Make sure you go down Coverton Road or Hoyle Road, the main entrance to the hospital leads to the medical school really easily as well :smile:
Reply 1748
Original post by Joannywhite
I got put on the waiting list less than 24 hrs after my interview. Have u had ur interview already?

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
yes, is that the same for rejections too, that they get told early on or do they leave them till the end?
all you waiting listers and offer holders did you guys mess up on any of your station or get caught off guard with some of the questions? im scared im going to muddle up my words :frown:
Original post by strawberryfeet
all you waiting listers and offer holders did you guys mess up on any of your station or get caught off guard with some of the questions? im scared im going to muddle up my words :frown:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Have you any other interviews/offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m.o.a.
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
yes, is that the same for rejections too, that they get told early on or do they leave them till the end?

They said you will hear back from them within 4 weeks after your interview right? It could be earlier than that. The waiting time has varied for so many people. Someone on here waited for almost 4 weeks and still got an offer at the end. Just hang in there. I'm sure u'll hear from them soon. :console:
When was ur interview?
Original post by strawberryfeet

I felt like I messed up one station really badly, I said all my points in 1 min and then there was nothing else to say... most awkward 4 mins of my life.

Don't be scared about that, I muddled up my words quite a bit, I kept starting sentences and stopping in the middle and starting new sentences because I didn't know where I was going with the first one. Also I had so many long pauses because I couldn't think of the word I wanted to say and ended up just trailing off. :colondollar:

So don't worry, they'll understand that you're nervous, just make sure your content is good. I took 30 secs to just structure my answers and then I started, so maybe that will help you not stumble on your words. Also if you're just waffling about the same point just stop, and if you think of something important just add it in. Silences are better than just waffling about nonsense.
Reply 1753
Put on the dreaded waiting list...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, got put on the waiting list!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stefan17

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your Ukcat if you don't mind? Have you heard back from your other choices? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many people do we think are on this years waiting list?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stefan17

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you don't mind me asking when was your interview? I had mine last week so :s-smilie:
Reply 1758
hey guys i got put on the waiting list today as well. However i came across this link https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/190280/response/471994/attach/3/FOI2013%202014%20068.pdf

It says that all on the waiting list were given an offer???
Reply 1759
Original post by LLF467
No there isn't yet. Would you like to start one? :smile:

Yeah, we should get one up. I would if I could, but tbh, I'm not really sure how :colondollar:.

And for anyone interested, I completely messed up one station, like I kinda argued with the interviewer (even though they're not really meant to speak aside from asking the questions). Also, I had 30-90 seconds of silence in all but two stations (and one of them was the role-play!). So I guess silence may be better than rambling on, which I did in my first interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending