The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
Original post by Chloe_Campbell96
My first choice is also Deaconess but put Portsburgh as second and South Clerk street as third!

That sounds good. I think a lot of people have gone for Deaconess because it's new, it hasn't been finished yet!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2781
Anyone going for Computer Science with Management? :biggrin: I will firm Edinburgh these days!
Original post by debzbapf
is anyone else here applying for MMath and have you got any offers!? :-)

I applied for MMath and got an unconditional offer.
Reply 2783
Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me, I've firmed my offer from Edinburgh to do business with marketing and I received an e-mail saying:
'If you have not already done so, please ensure you send us copies of certificates of all your earlier qualifications for verification. Please note that we cannot accept provisional statements of results instead of final certificates or qualifications. As soon as we have checked these earlier qualifications, you have met the conditions of your offer and any outstanding clearance checks, and the status of your application becomes ‘Unconditional Firm’, we can give you access to vital joining information.'

What does this mean? If I send them my AS certificates my offer changes to unconditional? If anyone could enlighten me that would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2784
Original post by jjrog
Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me, I've firmed my offer from Edinburgh to do business with marketing and I received an e-mail saying:
'If you have not already done so, please ensure you send us copies of certificates of all your earlier qualifications for verification. Please note that we cannot accept provisional statements of results instead of final certificates or qualifications. As soon as we have checked these earlier qualifications, you have met the conditions of your offer and any outstanding clearance checks, and the status of your application becomes ‘Unconditional Firm’, we can give you access to vital joining information.'

What does this mean? If I send them my AS certificates my offer changes to unconditional? If anyone could enlighten me that would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it means after you meet your conditons it will change to unconditional when you receive yoyr result as this year as you met the offer given in your conditional, the certificates being sent means they are checking If what you said in the ucas form is correct.

Im not 100% but im pretty certain
Reply 2785
Yeh that's what I'm thinking as well, they certainly don't make it very clear in the e-mail!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2786
Hi,
I've just firmed my offer for English Literature and Classics and was just about to email my certificates via EUCLID but the freaking 'reply' button doesn't have (anywhere on the page) an 'attach file' section. I will probably have to post them - normally I am not too inept around computers and I seriously cannot work out why there is no attach button. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem or if it is just my sad computer :frown:

Also is anyone going for any of the Warrender residences? They look super nice but because they are so cheap I feel like I am missing something they are lacking!

Thaaaankasnaksnas :biggrin:
Original post by pepsi7
Hi,
I've just firmed my offer for English Literature and Classics and was just about to email my certificates via EUCLID but the freaking 'reply' button doesn't have (anywhere on the page) an 'attach file' section. I will probably have to post them - normally I am not too inept around computers and I seriously cannot work out why there is no attach button. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem or if it is just my sad computer :frown:

Also is anyone going for any of the Warrender residences? They look super nice but because they are so cheap I feel like I am missing something they are lacking!

Thaaaankasnaksnas :biggrin:

don't worry, like half the people they've asked for certificates have been missing the button... just find out your department's email address on the edinburgh website and email it to them :smile:
Reply 2788
Original post by lecornergirl
don't worry, like half the people they've asked for certificates have been missing the button... just find out your department's email address on the edinburgh website and email it to them :smile:

Hallelujah it's good to know I am not alone! thank you so much :smile:
Reply 2789
when do you have to email the certificates? will they let you know when they want them or do you just send them?
Original post by jjrog

I got this too, must be an automatic message sent to everyone.
But I don't get it actually, because in my offer they are asking certificate of graduation, so I will get it only later. However, it bugs me that they might be asking for my grades, that I listed on UCAS, with this message, but they didn't state anything about it in the offer, so I'm confused if they need it. They asked me to certify my UCAS reference and send it to them, but it was in my offer, so I guess this message doesn't state any conditions
Either way, I just confused myself even more

when do you have to email the certificates? will they let you know when they want them or do you just send them?

By the way, if you have everything that is required for your offer, so just send it now, they will change your offer to unconditional then. As much as I'm aware of this thing, maybe someone can correct me. Also, there's probably a deadline for fulfilling the conditions.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2791

of euclid they will send you a message :smile: check your edinburgh inbox, they just ask for it to be sent relatively soon
Reply 2792
Original post by ImMadeOfWaxAli
I got an unconditional offer for nursing at Edinburgh today! :smile: x

Hi,
Well done for getting an offer! Have you had an interview?
I applied to edinburgh to do nursing as well and STILL haven't heard. does this mean i haven't got in do you think or is there still a chance? I wish they would tell me!

Thanks
:smile:
Reply 2793
Original post by deanef
Hi,
Well done for getting an offer! Have you had an interview?
I applied to edinburgh to do nursing as well and STILL haven't heard. does this mean i haven't got in do you think or is there still a chance? I wish they would tell me!

Thanks
:smile:

Hi chick. Not even sure if im doing this right but ive got my interview for nursing at edinburgh next week, have you still not had an update on ucas?

Also to anyone that can offer a complete novice tips for a group interview as its apparently picture scenarios that would be great because i am bricking it right now haha! Do not have the foggiest i should be researching.

thankyouuu xx
Reply 2794
Original post by Rhii915
Hi chick. Not even sure if im doing this right but ive got my interview for nursing at edinburgh next week, have you still not had an update on ucas?

Also to anyone that can offer a complete novice tips for a group interview as its apparently picture scenarios that would be great because i am bricking it right now haha! Do not have the foggiest i should be researching.

thankyouuu xx

How funny, just heard from edinburgh as soon as i asked the question. Rejection unfortunately.
From my past interviews i would just say to make sure you let others talk but also talk enough yourself. best of luck
x
Original post by instrumentality
I got this too, must be an automatic message sent to everyone.
But I don't get it actually, because in my offer they are asking certificate of graduation, so I will get it only later. However, it bugs me that they might be asking for my grades, that I listed on UCAS, with this message, but they didn't state anything about it in the offer, so I'm confused if they need it.

They need to verify that you have the grades you have said you do in your application - so they need to see copies of your qualifications. Perfectly reasonable request.

Original post by jjrog
Yeh that's what I'm thinking as well, they certainly don't make it very clear in the e-mail!!

I don't think they could be any clearer if they tried - the email is crystal clear :smile:
Reply 2796
I don't think they could be any clearer if they tried - the email is crystal clear :smile:

I mean the way they are saying if I send them my certificates my offer will be unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jjrog

I mean the way they are saying if I send them my certificates my offer will be unconditional?

No.

"As soon as we have checked these earlier qualifications, you have met the conditions of your offer and any outstanding clearance checks"

Your offer clearly won't become unconditional until you meet your offer conditions. It's a simple sentence :rolleyes:
Reply 2798
I'm a little confused about the extra places available at some universities for A level candidates with ABB or over. Does this mean that applicants to Edinburgh who didn't get a place on a competitive course have another bite at the cherry after results?
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
They need to verify that you have the grades you have said you do in your application - so they need to see copies of your qualifications. Perfectly reasonable request.

Thank you. :smile: I figured it out another day though. Now no confusions.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending