The Student Room Group

Big4 Office Transfer..

Hi,

Currently have an summer internship offer at Big4 for CF. I was wondering if offered a full-time role, how easy it would be to switch from Regional to London and vice-versa.

If offered grad role:

Regional:
+ live at home/save costs+money
+ better work-life balance?
- deals most likely to be smaller and less sexy

London
+ it's london + better range of different cf teams/bigger deals
- high living costs/poorer quality of life

Advice appreciated?
Reply 1
Do you want to know how easy it is to switch or advice on where to work? (I can't really help with either though to be fair)
I think it is possible, I have known of people mid training contract who have moved to London from regional. I am in London personally and will probably go against the tide when I qualify and move to regional but that is more because the cost of living is ridiculous here/Ihate the Tube and it's really dirty, and I hope to one day buy a house which I don't really think will be possible here! Though obviously the companies I get to audit sound a lot more interesting than those in some of the regionals! It seems the thing to do is go to Uxbridge (PwC here) or other London offices, a lot of the time they get paid London rate but can obviously live further out in cheaper areas so definitely aren't giving as much of their salary to greedy landlords!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending