The Student Room Group

Healthy New You: Your Change For Life #3

Scroll to see replies

I have badly sprained my ankle so exercise has taken a back seat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Right.

10st 10lbs is too heavy. I've enjoyed maintaining this weight for a long time now, and have found it quite easy. Now, it's time to lose a bit more and get the body I'd be happy showing off in a bikini. I think another 10lbs should do it.

So. I'll do it by cutting out bread (200 cals per day) and upping exercise (try to burn at least 100 cals a day from walking. I live in a beautiful area and might as well make the most of it).

Off we go again :smile:. I've put it into words now so let's go for it!

Good luck!
--

Got to my UGW that I set up when I first started losing weight. I'm at 9st/126lbs now! I'm not happy with where I am, body wise yet, so I'm going to keep going with the weight loss (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MysteryPass
Good luck!
--

Got to my UGW that I set up when I first started losing weight. I'm at 9st/126lbs now! I'm not happy with where I am, body wise yet, so I'm going to keep going with the weight loss (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done that's amazing!! I have a similar goal weight but I'm still quite far off.

---
Okay so I've maintained my weight at 74kg but yesterday I ate well over 3000 calories due to exam stress. I don't think I can eat in deficit and revise so for the next 5 weeks my aim is to maintain which I would be really happy with
Good luck!

Going well so far. Weather is lovely today so I've been for a long walk this morning - an hour and a half to be exact. Sticking to calories and having a jacket potato with salad this evening, plus my usual daily Activia haha. And probably a bit of cheese & salad cream.

The summer makes me eat better anyway to be honest. Or, at least, it keeps me more active so stops me from boredom eating.
Good luck!
--

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just seen your progress bar, that's brilliant news! :biggrin:
How's everyone been doing over the weekend? I'm all good, keeping within calorie limits, stayed active and will continue to do so. Trying to keep active as I want to get fitter not just slimmer.
Reply 6806
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
How's everyone been doing over the weekend? I'm all good, keeping within calorie limits, stayed active and will continue to do so. Trying to keep active as I want to get fitter not just slimmer.

Not so good diet wise, been staying with my boyfriend so had takeaways but otherwise good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a pretty good weekend food wise (minus one apple strudel slip-up) but I did manage to do parkrun on Saturday and got a new pb (yay!). Went for a long walk on sat afternoon and then hiked up a hill on Sunday so all in all had a fairly active weekend. Got another couple of runs planned during the week so hopefully my efforts will pay off when I weigh myself on Friday morning!
Reply 6808
According to my scales I haven't gained any weight over Easter :biggrin: I did have a healthy breakfast this morning; pineapple chunks, chopped banana topped with a probiotic yogurt.

Ps: If anyone wants to add me on MFP my name is Gemmm85.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Back at this again. :smile: I've mostly maintained for the last couple of months but I've managed to put a few pounds on.
So first step tomorrow is to weigh myself! I have no idea what I weigh right now except that it's somewhere between 8st 8lbs and 9st!
I've stuck to my calories today for the first time in ages but I'm starving :frown:. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen tomorrow. I've been eating like a crazy person for the past few weeks and the turning point was catching a bug the day before yesterday. I couldn't keep anything but ice lollies down for 24 hours, and it made me think about how much of my day I spend eating to distract myself.

How is everyone else doing? Haven't looked on here in ages. :smile:
Where has everyone gone! :redface:
Reply 6811
Original post by alabelle
Where has everyone gone! :redface:

Im here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, good. :smile: How's things going for you?
Reply 6813
Ah, good. :smile: How's things going for you?

Fine my dissertation due in on Wednesday so I'm a bit stressed out, you?
Original post by gemmam
Fine my dissertation due in on Wednesday so I'm a bit stressed out, you?

Same. I'm also battling with my dissertation (mine is due 8th May so I have a little more time). Only just got to the halfway point today. :frown: Are you managing to stay on track despite the stress?
Reply 6815
Same. I'm also battling with my dissertation (mine is due 8th May so I have a little more time). Only just got to the halfway point today. :frown: Are you managing to stay on track despite the stress?

Got 2,500 words left now so I should hopefully be able to finish off either tomorrow or Sunday. I'm taking a break tonight though. You mean diet wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hellooo, I've lurked here for ages and it's pretty comforting reading about final year dissertations and exercise as I'm in the same situation with final exams and trying to not get too chubbster! Anyway just saying hi, I'm trying to lose weight and am doing park run (which is a 5k race thing) at the weekends and gyming in the week. Today was alriiiiight, but a very skinny old man trotted past me up a hill which ain't great. Laters!
Reply 6817
Original post by Dancelikejones
Hellooo, I've lurked here for ages and it's pretty comforting reading about final year dissertations and exercise as I'm in the same situation with final exams and trying to not get too chubbster! Anyway just saying hi, I'm trying to lose weight and am doing park run (which is a 5k race thing) at the weekends and gyming in the week. Today was alriiiiight, but a very skinny old man trotted past me up a hill which ain't great. Laters!

Hello :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling pretty rubbish to be honest. I severely sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and so haven't been exercising. And because I've been bored I've been comfort eating. I need some motivation but everything is getting on top of me at the moment and all I want to do is eat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6819
Original post by myblueheaven339
Feeling pretty rubbish to be honest. I severely sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and so haven't been exercising. And because I've been bored I've been comfort eating. I need some motivation but everything is getting on top of me at the moment and all I want to do is eat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what to say but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest