Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Optometry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by June-2013
I cant access it for some reason ?

Huh. That's weird.

Basically it was ARU/Ulster/Plymouth/City/Bradford, meaning Glasgow/Manchester/Aston/Cardiff weren't in clearing.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2101
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Huh. That's weird.

Basically it was ARU/Ulster/Plymouth/City/Bradford, meaning Glasgow/Manchester/Aston/Cardiff weren't in clearing.

Yh that thread has been deleted for some reason

Anyway how are your holidays going?
Original post by June-2013
I cant access it for some reason ?

I cant access it too....
Reply 2103
Original post by titration
I cant access it too....

Thread has been deleted
Original post by Qari
Thread has been deleted

Oh right thanks :/ i read the reply that its been deleted after i had quoted
Reply 2105
Oh right thanks :/ i read the reply that its been deleted after i had quoted

Ah chill it's ok
hello anyone I am likelyto get AAB in my a levels (maths chemistry and the B in biology :frown: ) do aston accept retake applicants? or would i still have a chance to get i next year as i am taking a gap year..??
On their web it does say typical offer is AAA..but thats typical,, its not really a certain one?
Original post by SosaBabyy
On their web it does say typical offer is AAA..but thats typical,, its not really a certain one?

If your results aren't as planned, send them an email and ask if they'll consider you anyway.

Typical offer is the offer that most people get. Some people may have higher grades required (so A*AA), if they have perhaps resat a lot of exams (though I don't know if Aston do this, it's just an example), but similarly they might ask for AAB if they really like the applicant/they have lots of work experience/they have extenuating circumstances. But the vast, vast majority of people will get an AAA offer.

There's no harm in emailing them with your grades and asking if they'll accept you, because they';; give you a more concrete answer than any of us can.

Hey on the open day for Aston they said they even accepted people with ABB and a few with BBB as well last year, this doesn't necessarily mean they will do the same this year but they did mention that they weren't strict with the grades. I don't think you should worry about it too much just wait till results day and make sure you are prepared for every possible outcome!

In regards to re- sits I think they said they don't mind but I'm not 100% sure maybe send them an email and ask. Good luck :smile:
Original post by krazy11
Hey on the open day for Aston they said they even accepted people with ABB and a few with BBB as well last year, this doesn't necessarily mean they will do the same this year but they did mention that they weren't strict with the grades. I don't think you should worry about it too much just wait till results day and make sure you are prepared for every possible outcome!

In regards to re- sits I think they said they don't mind but I'm not 100% sure maybe send them an email and ask. Good luck :smile:

Thank you, yess im probably getting AAB :/ B in biology...I originally was taking aa gap year and still am.
Oh ok thank you i really hope they consider resitters :frown:
Thank you, yess im probably getting AAB :/ B in biology...I originally was taking aa gap year and still am.

I went to both the applicants day and open day and they said they allow people who have resat a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be fine don't worry. I have friends at Aston that got ABB and even BBB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will be fine! I'm starting at Aston this year as well but I'm a mature student so I already have my grades. Don't worry about it too much and hopefully I will see you at Aston!
Now that a level results day is looming ahead of us is anyone else feeling extremely nervous? I feel like im going to fail reallly badly and i wont make it into optometry. I feel like im the only one panicking about this everyone else in my year seems so relaxed about it....
Reply 2115
Now that a level results day is looming ahead of us is anyone else feeling extremely nervous? I feel like im going to fail reallly badly and i wont make it into optometry. I feel like im the only one panicking about this everyone else in my year seems so relaxed about it....

Naa when I did exams and I came out and for past month I've been alright. thinking i did well but now that results day is coming up i'm worried that i did worse than i think and that i won't be able to go uni

Don't worry dude! I'm scared stiff! I'm so scared. I feel like I'll have to resort to begging to get in to uni lol don't wanna wait another year 😢
Are direct clearing numbers out yet?
Reply 2118
hello anyone I am likelyto get AAB in my a levels (maths chemistry and the B in biology :frown: ) do aston accept retake applicants? or would i still have a chance to get i next year as i am taking a gap year..??

I spoke to the admissions officer at Aston and he said they offer AAA because they need to keep up with their competition (Cardiff). If Aston gives lower offers, people might start to think they aren't as good as other universities. He said they take everyone with AAA and AAB and most people with ABB and even a few with BBB. Obviously this varies year to year depending on how many people get AAA and above. He said they welcome people who take out a year, as long as you do something with it. Don't just sit at home! Maybe get some work experience and get a job in an Opticians.
Original post by Adam'
I spoke to the admissions officer at Aston and he said they offer AAA because they need to keep up with their competition (Cardiff). If Aston gives lower offers, people might start to think they aren't as good as other universities. He said they take everyone with AAA and AAB and most people with ABB and even a few with BBB. Obviously this varies year to year depending on how many people get AAA and above. He said they welcome people who take out a year, as long as you do something with it. Don't just sit at home! Maybe get some work experience and get a job in an Opticians.

Thanks of course I want work exp...dont know how i could get a proper job in an opticians though....but really hope they somehow all AAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending