The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmedic786
Do Southampton allow as many retakes as you want within the two years?
Also, do they allow retakes outside two years(e.g three years)?

Within two years - do as many as you like as long as you can be predicted BBC.

Outside of 2 years - No, with exceptions. If - after your a levels you have BBC but you want to try for something higher, then they will accept resits. Or if you have personal circumstances that they consider suitable. These are judged on a case by case basis.
Original post by Neostigmine
Within two years - do as many as you like as long as you can be predicted BBC.

Outside of 2 years - No, with exceptions. If - after your a levels you have BBC but you want to try for something higher, then they will accept resits. Or if you have personal circumstances that they consider suitable. These are judged on a case by case basis.

Ok thanks a lot.
Another question.
Is medipathway any good? Is it reliable and does it get you into a medical school?
Original post by hopefulmedic786
Ok thanks a lot.
Another question.
Is medipathway any good? Is it reliable and does it get you into a medical school?

I am not familiar with that, better to ask in the general medicine forum: Med :smile:
Original post by vickie89uk
I think people think if your older than 19 you cant apply to university. By the time retirement comes ill have 35/40 years of working age left, i am not too old. Wow 50/60 shes brave. Thank you for this ive had several people say i am too old it makes you feel old. Im 25 i dont have a simmer frame i am not too old.

Do you attend southampton?! Thats my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I am at Southampton. Done 3 of my 6 years and about to start the 4th. I am 25 and while I can tell I am older than those who were fresh from college (now they're 21) there are lots and LOTS of "older" students. It's really not a big deal.
Yeh I am at Southampton. Done 3 of my 6 years and about to start the 4th. I am 25 and while I can tell I am older than those who were fresh from college (now they're 21) there are lots and LOTS of "older" students. It's really not a big deal.

Thank you. I live in Southampton and i absolute love this city. Ive visited on a open day and its amazing. Your BM6 i dont know if i an eligible for thag as you have to mark 3 of the criteria and i dont know how to find out about the 20% poverty. Or prove i had free school meals. Are you enjoying it. Well done for getting in.
I doubted my age a few years back vut speaking to admissions at several universities told me i am in fact on the younger end for a mature student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. I live in Southampton and i absolute love this city. Ive visited on a open day and its amazing. Your BM6 i dont know if i an eligible for thag as you have to mark 3 of the criteria and i dont know how to find out about the 20% poverty. Or prove i had free school meals. Are you enjoying it. Well done for getting in.
I doubted my age a few years back vut speaking to admissions at several universities told me i am in fact on the younger end for a mature student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I got in through the BM6 path. :smile:

Contact admissions and ask. You can check with tools online but its best to check with the same tool they use.

School meals, again ring or email to check.

Contact admissions and ask. You can check with tools online but its best to check with the same tool they use.

I did contact them in march they said id be told upon application. Hence feeling a little unsure i dont want to apply for something i am not eligible for. I think the BM6 path is wonderful it enables everyone from every walk of life that works hard to have a fair chance. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is a first generation applicant the first in the family to apply to university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is a first generation applicant the first in the family to apply to university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of. It's really if your parents didn't go to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moved our posts here as it is getting off topic in that other thread. This is the thread for discussing BM6.
Kind of. It's really if your parents didn't go to uni.

No one in my family ever finished school except me let alone university.

I think i am eligiable as i am a first generation applicant, i had free school meals and have been in receipt of means tested benefit as my fathers carer.

Also think i recieved the 16-19 bursary (EMA) at college therefore i am a candidate regardless of the deprivation criteria. Thank you so much. Im applying via southampton BM6 and BM5. Imperial and Bristol.

Am i right in thinking required grades for BM6 are slightly lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one in my family ever finished school except me let alone university.

I think i am eligiable as i am a first generation applicant, i had free school meals and have been in receipt of means tested benefit as my fathers carer.

Also think i recieved the 16-19 bursary (EMA) at college therefore i am a candidate regardless of the deprivation criteria. Thank you so much. Im applying via southampton BM6 and BM5. Imperial and Bristol.

Am i right in thinking required grades for BM6 are slightly lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As you only need to meet 3 it sounds like you're good to go. Yes the offer is BBC for BM6 and AAAa for BM5
As you only need to meet 3 it sounds like you're good to go. Yes the offer is BBC for BM6 and AAAa for BM5

Is that GCSE or A level. Southampton just got back to me and i also fall in the 20% deprivation i'm so pleased thats four of the 5 criteria i meet. Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that GCSE or A level. Southampton just got back to me and i also fall in the 20% deprivation i'm so pleased thats four of the 5 criteria i meet. Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

A levels. This is all available on the website if you give it a quick google :smile:
A levels. This is all available on the website if you give it a quick google :smile:

Ok thank you :smile: i have a look now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can i apply for BM6 southampton and BM5 at the same time?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can i apply for BM6 southampton and BM5 at the same time?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :yes:
Yes :yes:

Ok because i was told i might get rejected because ive applied to two different course, i wanted to check i almost cried then!!!! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok because i was told i might get rejected because ive applied to two different course, i wanted to check i almost cried then!!!! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to both so... :P
I applied to both so... :P

And you didnt get rejected i know that thank you so much. That worried me!!! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending