The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Does SOAS accept the UAL art foundation diploma as a qualification for their degrees?

I'm looking to study something to do with Japanese and Korean. Maybe Japanese Studies and Korean joint degree or something similar. I'm currently doing the art foundation to boost my UCAS points and to gain more experience in the art and design field. I didn't study a language at a-level but I've always wanted to study something to do with Japan and South Korea at university. Also, I'm going to be applying to start university next year but obviously I need to know SOAS's criteria before I think of wasting a space on my UCAS form. It says nothing on the website about the art foundation diploma.

Anyway, does anyone know if SOAS accept the art foundation as the main qualification used to study there, or not?

Thanks.
This sound like a similar situation to mine, though my main qualification is a 2 year Extended Diploma in Art and Design. I'm applying to SOAS to do Japanese and History of Art/Archeology; this course is vaguely related to my current course I guess...? :tongue:

I don't think that I'll get accepted, especially since my personal statement is more geared towards a Fine Art degree, however I thought that it was worth a try since it is a course that I am genuinely interested in studying. :smile: I think that you have a better chance than me of getting in though, since I took the Extended Diploma instead of A levels. :tongue:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Hey; I just got an offer! How did your application go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending