The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boristhethird
where abouts are you?
Essential Rubber on the A12 in london are good (and cheap)
likewise for Enfield protyre on the A10

Well the bike is currently sitting in Rainham so ideally somewhere around there haha, will have a look at those places though and see if there is anything they can do cheers!
Original post by Motorbiker
Mine is on a family multicar policy.

All Legit, no fronting etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told i had to get my own policy after i;d been out of te house for 3 years.. so much cheaper on the family policy. I did organise the car insurance this year but can't remember what it cost.
Original post by Alex2539
On my own policy it literally is 2k+ at least.. on my mums it is 1.5k.. with a tracker + parents policy it's 1k. It annoys me because I can get my sv650 on full comp insurance for £650.. and motorbikes are more dangerous and what not, yet insurance is much cheaper for them

It's all the typical boy racers and what not that make it hard to get insurance these days.. (I'm nearly 19 btw, driving almost 2 years - hence the high insurance). Totally ruins it for sensible drivers like me :/

it's more on what you can hit rather than how much you mess yourself up.. Smash into a lambo around town with your bike, it'l make a nice dent - do it with a fiesta and it'l make a bigger, nicer dent :colone:

you guys are lucky with bike insurance, with health care here being private and bike thefts up, my duke costs me about a grand which is more than my car which is worth a good deal more..

Got stolen the other week so god knows what my increase will be :frown:
Reply 2363
Is the Bimota BB3 better than the BMW HP4 and HP4 Carbon and does it cost more than both of them? Is the Bimota worked on chassis on the BB3 better than the BMW HP parts modified chassis on the HP4 and HP4 Carbon? Also have Bimota only ever showcased two off road bikes in their history the DBX and the BBX Enduro bikes and did these make production?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best beginner bike?
Cheap, solid and reliable with good handling
Plan on having it for a while including learning on it after I've done my CBT, was thinking along the lines of a xl125 varadero, what would you suggest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I booked my bike in for a MOT later today. The owner asked me how many miles I had done in the year. About 3,400, which he said was a lot these days. He had looked at he bikes he had seen this year and 75% had done under 1,000 miles.
What mileage do the rest of you do?
This is my second bike and I have done another 5,000+ on the other one.
Original post by hsv
Is the Bimota BB3 better than the BMW HP4 and HP4 Carbon and does it cost more than both of them? Is the Bimota worked on chassis on the BB3 better than the BMW HP parts modified chassis on the HP4 and HP4 Carbon? Also have Bimota only ever showcased two off road bikes in their history the DBX and the BBX Enduro bikes and did these make production?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea. I'd recommend Google or a bimota forum.

Original post by Darab_1496
Plan on having it for a while including learning on it after I've done my CBT, was thinking along the lines of a xl125 varadero, what would you suggest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything Japanese will be those things. Pick from Honda, Suzuki, yamaha and kawasaki then just pick based on personnel preferences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2367
Original post by Matureb
I booked my bike in for a MOT later today. The owner asked me how many miles I had done in the year. About 3,400, which he said was a lot these days. He had looked at he bikes he had seen this year and 75% had done under 1,000 miles.

What bike is it? I do 300 miles a week just for commuting let alone biking holidays.
It`s my old MZ. The MOT bloke has decided to take tomorrow off so I have left it until I can pick it up next week.
So ride the Suzuki from Sheffield to Suffolk on Thursday and get the train back for the MZ on Monday. He used to be the local dealer for MZ so I trust him to do it properly and fix anything he finds wrong.
Reply 2369
Original post by F4LL3N
What bike is it? I do 300 miles a week just for commuting let alone biking holidays.

Wiggles does a million a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matureb

Up until this year between 10 and 20k a year. This year i only live 2.4miles from work which has limited my miles. But the 1800 going round scotland helped add it. But someone broke my bike so for the last 3 weeks no miles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CG125 and YBR125's are meant to be good.
Soooo...how do you all prepare for winter...and the do you ride through the winter? First one, had all the family tell me I should get a cheap 4-wheelmobile for winter but I think I'd rather stay on 2 if I can tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a YBR125 and it never missed a beat, absolutely brilliant for a 9 year old bike. I kind of miss it tbh.
Reply 2373
Original post by Maccees
Soooo...how do you all prepare for winter...and the do you ride through the winter? First one, had all the family tell me I should get a cheap 4-wheelmobile for winter but I think I'd rather stay on 2 if I can tbh.

Well me and Wiggles have keis heated gear which can run off battery or the bike. I have heated grips, thermals, goretex dainese gear and we both have hand muffs for when it's really cold. Also wear a snood/buff around the neck and lower face.

Don't like to ride when it's icy though. That's very problematic on 2 wheels.
Reply 2374
Original post by Maccees

Boris is going to put Ugsy's heated grips on :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buy my fazer

Spoiler

Buy my fazer

Spoiler

What are you riding if you're selling the fazer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
What are you riding if you're selling the fazer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my Bros is alive and (mostly) well now, and the new DRZ

come summer ill probably be getting an SV or simmilar as a fast road bike, but though winter this is all i need.
(edited 9 years ago)
my Bros is alive and (mostly) well now, and the new DRZ

come summer ill probably be getting an SV or simmilar as a fast road bike, but though winter this is all i need.

Poor fazer. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker

You should buy her and give her a good home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending