The Student Room Group

My *first ever* interview today...

I don't know why I'm posting this thread, I'm just hyperventilating and needa get my thoughts out...

My first ever interview is at 10am, it's a group interview, my heart is going so fast and I am shaking all over! I've spent ages braiding my hair and trying to make it look neater than usual, I've got my clothes on but I worry i'll look too formal, I've got my contacts in but they're hurting my eyes...

I'm scared they won't like me because i'm too quiet and ugly and short, but Shop Friend says I MUST make my voice heard.

SO, i'm taking SEVERE measures, I'm going to have a *COFFEE* before I go to make me high. And I hate coffee. Just going to hold my nose and down it :yucky: Also gonna eat lots of chocolate for the energy.

:pinch:

Courage, dear heart.

Anyone reading this, please send me luck vibes and huggles :cry:

Scroll to see replies

What is the interview for? Best of luck! If they didn't think you were suitable you wouldn't have gotten this far. You can do this! :hugs:
Original post by Slowbro93
What is the interview for? Best of luck! If they didn't think you were suitable you wouldn't have gotten this far. You can do this! :hugs:

Oh, job interview. I forgot to say :facepalm:

*huggles slowbro shakily* :frown:
Reply 3
have u thought about killing the competition
Original post by DErasmus
have u thought about killing the competition

Good idea. Should bring an axe maybe.

Coffee is REALLY disgusting, cna't believe i'm drinking this.... oifjweofiwsf
[scrollr]GOOD LUCK MAID[/scrollr]

:hugs:
I'm not feeling any sort of high/energy from that coffee. Only taste horrible bitter in my mouth. :yucky:

fweieuhfwiehfwieh I hate anxiety :bawling:

nearly time to leave :sigh:
Original post by the bear
[scrollr]GOOD LUCK MAID[/scrollr]

Thank you Mr Bear! :hugs: Need a tight bear hug to steady me, I'm almost drunk on nerves :bawlnig:
Original post by Maid Marian
Thank you Mr Bear! :hugs: Need a tight bear hug to steady me, I'm almost drunk on nerves :bawlnig:

Deep breaths now sweetcheeks :wink:
Time to leave ... goodbye cruel world :mad:

See you on the other side :bawling:
Lots of coffee and chocolate are going to make anxiety worse, not better! So that's not a great idea.

You'd be better trying some slow, deep breathing exercises, sitting somewhere quieting and thinking about your interview for a little while. Use the journey to prepare and to go through some model answers in your head to typical questions.

Even if you don't get the job, you'll then know what happens in an interview, and can certainly use that to your advantage in the future.

My first ever interview is at 10am, it's a group interview, my heart is going so fast and I am shaking all over! I've spent ages braiding my hair and trying to make it look neater than usual, I've got my clothes on but I worry i'll look too formal, I've got my contacts in but they're hurting my eyes...

So you did nothing meaningfull to prepare for the Interview? :confused:
Good luck, not that you need it.
Reply 13
Goooood luck!!!
Good luck Marian, hope you fill us in on how it went later :h:
In these kind of interviews everyone is nervous , so it helps if your the first one to speak out and let your opinion be heard . Just fake it.
Look up what sort of questions they ask & even if you don't get the job the experience will help so don't feel too down about it. Believe in yourself, I wish you the best :smile:
It was alright, thank you guys :hugs:

Doubt i'll get it cos I was visibly so nervous but :dontknow: I tried :redface:
It was alright, thank you guys :hugs:

Doubt i'll get it cos I was visibly so nervous but :dontknow: I tried :redface:

You never know, it's best to remain positive :hugs::h:

What job was it for if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to reply if you dont want to :smile:
Original post by De Mortimer
You never know, it's best to remain positive :hugs::h:

What job was it for if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to reply if you dont want to :smile:

It was Asda... I actually hate Asda, never shop there :erm:

Thanks boo :hugs::hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest