The Student Room Group

2015 architecture offers ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AZ_97
:tongue:

Wow, a lot of effort went into that presentation. Mine was a lot more simple, but I still managed to get an offer from those universities who wanted a portfolio - Sheffield, Cardiff and Nottingham.

Thanks for your reply!
Did you get an offer from sheffield? As I've nearly finished in putting the portfolio together! but, still in the process in deciding in what to do for the street task! I asked my teachers for advice and they are coming up with some unrealistic ideas which i can't do before the deadline!
Original post by gloria0816
Thanks for your reply!
Did you get an offer from sheffield? As I've nearly finished in putting the portfolio together! but, still in the process in deciding in what to do for the street task! I asked my teachers for advice and they are coming up with some unrealistic ideas which i can't do before the deadline!
I've sent my portfolio to Sheffield a little over 3 weeks now (hoping to get a response by this week) my friend got rejected yesterday unfortunately and her task was AMAZING!!! I know it's not all about that but also the portfolio but just giving you a heads up... make sure you nail the task :wink: Mine wasn't very good tbh but we'll see :biggrin:
Reply 42
Thanks for your reply!

Hi, yes, I got an offer from Sheffield - AAA,

Take a look at my portfolio which I have just posted, it may help you in deciding what to include in your portfolio.

Best of luck
Reply 43
Original post by sgic31
That's good! and no it's not, it would've been my second choice if only the entry requirements weren't higher than my predicted grades and if it wouldn't be such a risk to put it as my insurance lol. good luck on your application and I hope you get an offer soon! :smile:

Hey who knows, you could get those grades! :biggrin: Aw thank you!
Original post by AZ_97
Hi, yes, I got an offer from Sheffield - AAA,

Take a look at my portfolio which I have just posted, it may help you in deciding what to include in your portfolio.

Best of luck

I'll take a look at your portfolio =)
Do you think I should include my GCSE Design and technology work into my portfolio! I designed and made an iPod docking station and got a A* in it, but would it put my other pieces quality down? since I'm doing a2 now?
Has anyone applied to Nottingham Trent?
if so, what does it mean by to include your analysis of architectural examples?
Thanks
I'll take a look at your portfolio =)
Do you think I should include my GCSE Design and technology work into my portfolio! I designed and made an iPod docking station and got a A* in it, but would it put my other pieces quality down? since I'm doing a2 now?

no as they want you to demonstrate creativity.
Original post by audreybitoni
no as they want you to demonstrate creativity.

Thanks for your advice!
Yea, I thought so too as it shows I've used a range of technique and materials etc..
the reason why i asked this is because my art teacher didn't like it so she told me not to include it, but i will!!
Just got an offer from Sheffield! 😁 took three and half weeks to come after sending off my portfolio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jennamadison13
Just got an offer from Sheffield! took three and half weeks to come after sending off my portfolio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I'm just about to send mine off for sheffield! Any advise on the my street task?
Thanks
Thanks for your advice!
Yea, I thought so too as it shows I've used a range of technique and materials etc..
the reason why i asked this is because my art teacher didn't like it so she told me not to include it, but i will!!

Well it depends how many works you are submitting coz you know they like to see 'what you can develop from your idea' in your work, each piece represents a story. Whereas the problem with DT only shows you are capable of accurate measurements/ technical skills/ presentation etc. (The product is not so different from the ones you could get in reality!) Hence the story of the piece is shorter... Of coz it is good to show one DT work only but don't show too much, you want to demonstrate the fact that you can create in a unique/ creative way! GOOD LUCK mate! BTW where have you applied to and have you got any offers yet? I applied to UCL, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester and waiting for their reply
Hi! I'm just about to send mine off for sheffield! Any advise on the my street task?
Thanks

I did a series of work for this task. Try to connect yourself with the street you are familiar with/ or a brand new street that gives you an impression. Think about contrast? People? Mood? <---What media can create these? Moral messages? My street could be a symbolism. Abstract? Raise some more questions to yourself about the memory you have with it, think about it in an atmospheric way.
Thanks

Hi :smile: I think they just want to see a combination of of technical skill and creativity. I did a mixed media piece that combined biro, water-colour, acrylic, cotton etc. and then in the description I explained how the different media represented different elements of my street.
Original post by audreybitoni
Well it depends how many works you are submitting coz you know they like to see 'what you can develop from your idea' in your work, each piece represents a story. Whereas the problem with DT only shows you are capable of accurate measurements/ technical skills/ presentation etc. (The product is not so different from the ones you could get in reality!) Hence the story of the piece is shorter... Of coz it is good to show one DT work only but don't show too much, you want to demonstrate the fact that you can create in a unique/ creative way! GOOD LUCK mate! BTW where have you applied to and have you got any offers yet? I applied to UCL, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield, Manchester and waiting for their reply

Thanks so much for your advice!!
Actually I'm applying for both Architecture and Product Design Engineering.
Architecture - Sheffield, Nottingham Trent, Oxford Brookes
Product Design, Nottingham, Loughborough.
got 2/3 replies for PD and in process of portfolio for all 3 architectures.
Original post by FDF95
Offer from Manchester! Sent off portfolio 21 of Nov!:tongue:

I sent off my portfolio at 23rd of November and haven't heard back from Manchester yet.:frown:
Would you mind let me have a look at your portfolio? Thanks
Original post by AZ_97
Got an offer from Sheffield - AAA !

Waiting on Bath and Cardiff

Same here just got Sheffield's offer- AAA
Waiting for Newcastle, Nottingham, UCL
Got an offer from Nottingham, waiting for bath, Edinburgh, UCL and new castle :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I am applying as an international applicant :smile:
Predicted A2: AAAA, EPQ: A.

Got an offer from Portsmouth and portfolio request from Oxford Brookes 5 days after application,
Got a portfolio request from Sheffield 1 day after I applied and just sent off mine a few days ago.

Currently working on my Liverpool's portfolio (:
Just receive a conditional offer from the msa requiring AA. Sent off portfolio on 23rd of November. Waiting for Liverpool and Edinburgh. Good luck to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh- BBB. Anyone else?

And haven't submit my portfolio to Sheffield and Nottingham yet.
I never heard anything from Manchaster since I submitted my UCAS on 19th of November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending