York
Visit website

York St John Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SophhFrog
I've applied for English literature but I just thought I'd say hello :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! How are you finding The university stuff?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by celizjud
Hello! How are you finding The university stuff?

Any part in particular ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Hey, I have applied for YSJ Primary Ed, I have a conditional offer. Although, I have a friend who hasn't heard back and is still 'pending' x
Reply 43
Original post by alms1196
Hey, I have applied for YSJ Primary Ed, I have a conditional offer. Although, I have a friend who hasn't heard back and is still 'pending' x

Wow, first of all well done! When did you receive your offer and what was the interview process like? Do you have any other offers?x
Reply 44
Wow, first of all well done! When did you receive your offer and what was the interview process like? Do you have any other offers?x

Thank you! I received my offer about five days after the interview. The process was pretty simple, a group interview showing a teaching task and then an individual one. I have offers from Sheffield Hallam and Glasgow, I also had interviews for Edge Hill and Birmingham City, but I withdrew because YSJ and Glasgow were my top two. What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Thank you! I received my offer about five days after the interview. The process was pretty simple, a group interview showing a teaching task and then an individual one. I have offers from Sheffield Hallam and Glasgow, I also had interviews for Edge Hill and Birmingham City, but I withdrew because YSJ and Glasgow were my top two. What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god! I probably haven't got into York then if interviews have already begun!! That was gonna be my first choice- :frown:!! I have offers from sunderland, hull and Sheffield hallam and was rejected from Liverpool John moores x
Reply 46
Oh god! I probably haven't got into York then if interviews have already begun!! That was gonna be my first choice- :frown:!! I have offers from sunderland, hull and Sheffield hallam and was rejected from Liverpool John moores x

Surely they would have stated on UCAS track, keep positive! Well done on your offers! I wasn't so sure about SHU, it didn't tickle my fancy when I went for the interview, I didn't pick Liverpool either, I'm not a big city girl! But keep positive, no news is good news x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Surely they would have stated on UCAS track, keep positive! Well done on your offers! I wasn't so sure about SHU, it didn't tickle my fancy when I went for the interview, I didn't pick Liverpool either, I'm not a big city girl! But keep positive, no news is good news x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh thank you!! I'm not so sure on shu either, I haven't been to look round because it clashed with another open day! Have you done your skills tests :smile: x
Reply 48
Awh thank you!! I'm not so sure on shu either, I haven't been to look round because it clashed with another open day! Have you done your skills tests :smile: x

I know, I was the same! And no I haven't, I'm bricking it! What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
I know, I was the same! And no I haven't, I'm bricking it! What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, my numeracy is on Monday and I'm ****ting it!! I feel so underprepared!! My literacy is next Monday and can't wait for both of them to be over!! Have you booked yours? :smile: xx
Reply 50
No, my numeracy is on Monday and I'm ****ting it!! I feel so underprepared!! My literacy is next Monday and can't wait for both of them to be over!! Have you booked yours? :smile: xx

Awwwwww, I'm sure you'll be fine! And no, unfortunately there isn't many test centres where I live so I'm waiting for a day in which I can do them both together, then I don't need to take two days off x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey when did you send your Ucas off? I've also applied for York SJ for primary ed, but not heard anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by fairyfairyfairy
Hey when did you send your Ucas off? I've also applied for York SJ for primary ed, but not heard anything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I sent my UCAS form off sometime around the end of October, if they haven't replied keep positive, no news can be good news! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I sent my UCAS form off sometime around the end of October, if they haven't replied keep positive, no news can be good news! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok I sent mine December, I will keep my fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Hi everyone,
really new to this, jut wondered if anyone could give m a hint t help m with my york st john interview??
really nervous!!

An help greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Kiwi181
Hi everyone,
really new to this, jut wondered if anyone could give m a hint t help m with my york st john interview??
really nervous!!

An help greatly appreciated :smile:

What course are you applying for? In general I would just say, stay calm, these people are picked for their people skills! When I had my interview everyone was really welcoming. You already have an interview, so you are already academically sorted, so just let your personality shine through! Make sure you book a practice interview with your college or if this isn't available practice with a distant relative. Well done and good luck! 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Primary Education! I have to take an object with me and I don't know what to take?
I applied for BA Theology and got an offer, 280 UCAS points!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lhopper1997
I applied for BA Theology and got an offer, 280 UCAS points!

Posted from TSR Mobile

YAY! Well done :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Kiwi181
Primary Education! I have to take an object with me and I don't know what to take?

I took a book as did some others, one girl brought an analog clock that made noises and faces! Whatever you bring make sure you are prepared to answer questions on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending