The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City uni for social sciences

Does anybody currently go to city uni doing social sciences? I have an unconditional offer but I'm kind of put off by how expensive living in London is and whether it's worth it!?
Original post by Hollybleue
Does anybody currently go to city uni doing social sciences? I have an unconditional offer but I'm kind of put off by how expensive living in London is and whether it's worth it!?

I don't do social sciences but I do attend city uni :smile: congratulations on your offer!

it is a great university! I moved to London and was worried about the expenses as well but as long as you budget, it is possible to live here! Also, city are bringing down the prices of their halls of residence this year! Or, you could go into private halls which can also be reasonably priced! :smile:

The uni has an amazing social sciences building (we have lectures in there sometimes) and its a great place :smile: and it's just in a good part of London! Really easy to get to all different places as it's so central! X
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Hollybleue

I'm currently a Student Ambassador for City University London and study Investment & Financial Risk Management in Cass Business School. I can confirm the university will subsidise accomodation fees for students starting in 2015 :smile:

Currently they're £195/week for Liberty Court specifically (what I'm paying), however they will be £140/week iirc.

No doubt London is expensive, saying that you can easily budget and manage your finances. Whether it is worth it depends on what you want in a university, however as above the university is great and I doubt you will ever run out of things to do in London. It's a life experience, grab it with both hands.

Good luck on your conquest on deciding which university to go to :smile: Out of interest what couse have you applied to?
Reply 3
Im a City Uni student too. London living is expensive but totally worth it. and it eventually adds up to the same amount with the fee of different colleges. I stay at Pure City. Its 209 per week for City students. Event though that is a bit much for us studetns, we have to keep in mind that its all inclusive. Plus since you'll be living 5 mins away from uni, your transportation charges will be slim to none. So you end up saving a bomb on that. Pure CIty is a bargain for any City student
QUOTE=Hollybleue;53907625]Does anybody currently go to city uni doing social sciences? I have an unconditional offer but I'm kind of put off by how expensive living in London is and whether it's worth it!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending