The Student Room Group

1 A level and 2 btecs. Please help, I can't stop crying

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheUrbanTurban
I took it as a piss easy subject, I have History, Classical Civilisations and Law all of which are recognised by decent universities, unlike the BTEC and Theatre studies this degenerate took.

Well obviously you don't like being challenged. Who actually takes a subject just because it is easy? :confused:

Secondly. I wouldn't be criticizing what subjects he's taking especially given it is obvious to anyone that you're not going to be studying anywhere too classy

Stop masking your insecurities with this cute little facade you've developed. We all know you've created a fictitious universe. Whereby you're the protagonist, and you've actually managed to convince yourself that you're a serious individual. When reality is a big contradiction to that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Obvious to anyone or just retards like you?
How do you know where I am going to study, do you have a crystal ball or are you just a ****?
To be honest you seem to be on drugs because your GCSE English level inferences are off the chain. I am trolling this degenerate so therefore I must be going to a crap uni and have created a "little façade".

#realism mod 2016

I agree, this human being does need to be killed. Who could possibly struggle with such simple options. It's just wasting resources existing.
(edited 9 years ago)
I took it as a piss easy subject, I have History, Classical Civilisations and Law all of which are recognised by decent universities, unlike the BTEC and Theatre studies this degenerate took.

Ha - law used to show comparative rigour? Not a difficult or rigorous subject at all in my opinion. Your attitude here is absolutely diabolical - I suggest you calm down a bit and accept that not everyone can go and do the same subjects as you are and that we can have different opinions of them!

OP: Don't worry about it apply and show them why you're the best for that course, or give the admissions people of your chosen uni a ring if you're that worried. Just go for it, don't listen to this arrogant fool above. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol I never said Law was difficult but it still takes more brain power than: "the lighting upon the actor is used to make him appear scary"
There is nothing wrong with BTEC qualifications. As long as they are level 3 then they are equal to A Levels in the eyes of Universities and most employers. Once you get a degree I imagine most places won't care what type of qualification you did at college/sixth form.
Lol I never said Law was difficult but it still takes more brain power than: "the lighting upon the actor is used to make him appear scary"

How subjective is "brain power"?! Physics is a difficult subject for me - it takes effort and thought, yet I know I'd get a straight U in theatre studies if I attempted it. It's personal choice based on an individual's preferences and abilities not yours.

You are quite frankly the most arrogant and deluded individual I've seen on TSR. What possessed you to comment on a request for support with such demoralising and offensive drivel will never be known to a decent human being.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cookies4623
I had no reason to doubt their word, but I see what you mean.
As to your other statement I don't think I can do that. I'm nearing the end of my final year in college, and have already been offered a place at my top choice uni, so to withdraw from that and to retract the loans i've applied for would be more hassle than its worth. Besides, i think i'm too old for that. If i was to restart college, in a sense, then by the time I leave I'll be nearing 20.

If you already have an offer from your number one Uni, what the hell are you worried about? You would have told the Uni what you were doing now and they would have made the offer on that basis. When you leave Uni you will have a degree so how will your life be ruined and your employment opportunities blown?
Original post by Binary Freak
How TSR deals with 'trolls'

-Run them down and make them act in a manner deemed mature; evidently it is working.

It shows the good side of humanity - most of us won't stand for such tripe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panda14
It shows the good side of humanity - most of us won't stand for such tripe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed! :gthumb:
Original post by JamjamjamT
If you already have an offer from your number one Uni, what the hell are you worried about? You would have told the Uni what you were doing now and they would have made the offer on that basis. When you leave Uni you will have a degree so how will your life be ruined and your employment opportunities blown?

I suppose its more of the fact that people will judge me if they were to ask what my A levels are. Being the fact that instead of A levels, it A level. I suppose in the long run it dosent matter, but in case of my self respect it's slowly draining.
Here is a secret. Once you leave university and go ahead to masters or a job, no one cares if you did A-Levels or BTEC. Most people I know who have a degree don't even bother listing their A-level/ BTEC grades on their CV. A-levels are not the only way to have a successful life.
Original post by Binary Freak
Agreed! :gthumb:

I need a little pocket sized version of you to carry about with me. It's nice hearing a honest and unbiased view on different aspects.
Original post by Cookies4623
I suppose its more of the fact that people will judge me if they were to ask what my A levels are. Being the fact that instead of A levels, it A level. I suppose in the long run it dosent matter, but in case of my self respect it's slowly draining.

Who gives a crap about what A levels you have if you have a degree? My college tutor told me to forget about my rather good GCSEs as soon as I started there. She told me the same after my AS results and would no doubt say the same after my A2s. Your previous qualifications do not matter once you have your new qualifications.
Who gives a crap about what A levels you have if you have a degree? My college tutor told me to forget about my rather good GCSEs as soon as I started there. She told me the same after my AS results and would no doubt say the same after my A2s. Your previous qualifications do not matter once you have your new qualifications.

This is exactly it. And it needs repeating:
your previous qualifications do not matter once you have your new qualifications.

Hear hear, well said. :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I do think that colleges aren't always honest about these stuff. Btecs are risky. Same with functional skills because despite what tutors say, they just aren't seen as equal by universities. Also they largely restrict what higher education courses you can go for.

The only time I would say a btec is good is if you know exactly what you want to do as a career and if you want to study for a "vocational career". By that I mean a career you need to be trained for. In my opinion business is not a vocational subject. You can learn it by researching on the internet and then start small. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people do business at uni and college because they have no idea what they actually want to do in the future. They want to own a business yet there are so many opportunities to start small nowadays especially with the internet. But they go through school then college then uni then get upset when they can't find a job in their chosen field because they were lied to and told that they will do okay.

I'm not saying that business isn't a good subject but you really need to think about the security of your future! We don't know when the next reccession may hit so you need to think if what your studying will actually get you a decent income and if the job will always be in demand.

One thing I've learnt is that colleges do lie to try and fill up spaces on their courses. For your own good if you are going to do a btec please do it in a subject that will actually benefit you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Excuse me little failure. You're crying you little theatre studies scum yet I should grow some balls? I personally think you should find a job at Asda as there is no hope for you.

lol you're so horrible man, karmically I fear for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
lol you're so horrible man, karmically I fear for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

This post is just soo good!!!

Even which uni the degrees from? Obviously classification matters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
Even which uni the degrees from? Obviously classification matters

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one gives a crap after a few years post graduation.

It's all about your experience and previous success at that point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest