The Student Room Group

What are you attracted to?

Hi people. I'm currently a journalism student writing an article about attraction. Please comment with your gender, orientation and what you find attractive in other people. Also, do you think there are certain things which everyone finds attractive? Can you make yourself more attractive to others if you tried?

Scroll to see replies

Hi journalist, you should look at the bigger picture. Get views from your friends first, then look at scientific research on the subject and try to understand it
Male, queer, money.
Female, 20, heterosexual.

Have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for four years.

I am most attracted to intelligence; be it linguistic, mathematical, scientific or anything else, I am a self-confessed sapiophile!
Reply 4
Female, straight, been in a relationship for the last 6 years

When it comes to personality and traits the biggest things I find attractive are - intelligence, being an atheist, loves animals, good sense of humour and isn't easily offended, has a scientific background or am interest in science, doesn't want kids - couldn't be with someone who wanted them when I don't. That wouldn't be fair on anyone, good taste in films and music etc.

Looks wise I love beards, sleeve tattoos, dark brown hair, green/brown or hazel eyes (never liked blue eyes) and an average height and weight. Not too fat and not too thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Male and homosexual.

I'm attracted to guys with a cheeky and generally good sense of humour; with a nice smile; who have light facial hair/stubble; who dress smartly, who can hold a conversation; who are gentlemanly and quite romantic etc.

I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. :love:
(edited 9 years ago)
Male, heterosexual. Attracted to lighter features: pale skin (freckles), blue/green eyes, blonde/red hair. It's also a turn on if she's very intelligent and cultured as well as the ability to be silly sometimes :biggrin:
Female, hetrosexual.
I like tall guys, because I'm tall myself. Intelligent, usually into the sciencey types since it's the opposite of me and I'd love to learn from someone else. Well travelled or at least wants to travel. Someone with a great sense of humour and can be romantic.
Female
Don't know my orientation. Most probably heterosexual. Can I just put "sexual"? :colone:
Power! I loooove me some power! :teeth:

The average person finds personality and the typical stuff attractive. Not fun. I could make myself more attractive but I'm too lazy.
Male
Heterosexual

I like
Intelligence, girls interested in science, sceptical mind-set, nerdiness. cuddly, caring, honest & 8008135!!!!

I dislike
Shallowness, women who talk too much about nothing and are driven by emotion over logic, use of slang, bitchyness, smokers, interest in celebrity gossip and culture as well as heavy drinkers/party girls etc.
Male, Straight.

Attracted to pale skin, blue, green and hazel eyes and blonde hair. :coma:
Reply 11
Original post by Spock's Socks
Female, straight, been in a relationship for the last 6 years

When it comes to personality and traits the biggest things I find attractive are - intelligence, being an atheist, loves animals, good sense of humour and isn't easily offended, has a scientific background or am interest in science, doesn't want kids - couldn't be with someone who wanted them when I don't. That wouldn't be fair on anyone, good taste in films and music etc.

Looks wise I love beards, sleeve tattoos, dark brown hair, green/brown or hazel eyes (never liked blue eyes) and an average height and weight. Not too fat and not too thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lauramercier
Female, hetrosexual.
I like tall guys, because I'm tall myself. Intelligent, usually into the sciencey types since it's the opposite of me and I'd love to learn from someone else. Well travelled or at least wants to travel. Someone with a great sense of humour and can be romantic.

How do you mean by the sciencey types/scientific background?
Sexual attractivity is generally objective. Exceptions are due to people being disfunctional.

Anyway, I'm a heterosexual male.

Things I find attractive:

Intelligence, athletic builds, being shorter than 2 inches taller than me, muscly legs, long hair, good sense of style, being musically minded, appreciating philosophy (lol), having a well thought out personal theory of ethics, not doing drugs for recreational reasons (including alcohol and cigs; probably not caffeine), being happy and joyous a lot of the time, being very open and honest and being self-secure and self-confident.
Original post by kka25
How do you mean by the sciencey types/scientific background?

Someone who studies or works in a scientific background, be it chemistry/biology/physics, maths, engineering, medicine etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
1. Female, Straight.

2. Appearance wise I'm attracted to guys with dark hair, light eyes (blue or green), taller than me, pale skin.
Personality wise: Witty, intelligent, open-minded, religious (Christian/Catholic), considerate, not easily offended, wants to travel to different places around the world, wants a secure family life, likes music.

3. I won't even try changing anything about myself to make me appear more attractive to others. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as some say.
Reply 15
Someone who studies or works in a scientific background, be it a chemistry/biology/physics, maths, engineering, medicine etc.

Oh, I thought someone who would speak scientifically on a daily basis.
Original post by kka25
Oh, I thought someone who would speak scientifically on a daily basis.

No, just someone who does something different on a daily basis to me, so I can hear things from their point of view and hear about new things and vice versa
I love me a slutty girl.
Someone who studies or works in a scientific background, be it chemistry/biology/physics, maths, engineering, medicine etc.

Maths is not a science.
Perhaps you shouldn't rule body odours out of attraction, some people reckon the pheromones from the armpits are particularly important to attraction in who we attract. So look up research on this scientific or otherwise, think there was a women in the US in recent years who asked participates in her dating set up to post in t-shirts that had some smell of body odours from being worn for a few days. The women would then smell them to see which ones they were attracted to.

So personally, I'm a heterosexual male, I never been attracted to real fat birds, so normal sized to slim but not anorexic. Don't mind tall or shortish but not usually the short squat type, probably not the real tall lanky type either, so a happy medium all round in general. So tends to be girls just a bit shorter than myself, and a decent figure, I'm a good 6ft tall, average build. So normally girl is facially pretty (or what I would regard as and probably quite a lot of blokes) with a nice pair of titties, pins and arse all being good. Though mostly facial prettiness is most important for me and is what I get most attracted to, nice hair etc. Tends to be either blondes or brunettes (or dark hair) used to have a real thing for blondes but more for brunettes I think of recent. Generally white girls or that direction. Not usually black, Chinese or Muslim type of girl though nothing against them. Often attracted to the hot looking whore type of girl, not loads of tattoos or anything (don't really like tattoos) not that type but the type of girl who looks a bit racy, sparkly eyes, sexily dressed (wears black, short skirts, tights, shiny black leggings, tight tops or tops you can see her breasts, bras that make her breasts stick out, hot dresses, slut gear, :colondollar: etc). Not really though choice just what catches my attention, eye contact and feeling of chemistry when near all being important. Don't mind whether intelligent or thick but intelligence is always interesting. That's roughly about it I think.

Could a girl increase attraction?

Difficult one, I think generally its a bit its either there or its not, will always be there kind of thing. I think a girl can look more attractive but this does not necessarily mean being attracted to her, its generally a chemistry/genetic/eye contact thing I think. If a girl dresses more sexily she'll definitely get more guys wanting to bang her but this is not the same as a long term/permanent attraction I think. Long hair is a big bonus for most girls at least shoulder length or longer. Girl cutting hair short in a pixie style is a real boner reducer and is one of the biggest turn off a girl can do I find, a kind of a, 'I'm no longer interested in Men statement' so I assume this is there intention by having such a hair cut, a bit like becoming a Nun or something. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending