The Student Room Group

10th June 2015 Edexcel IGCSE English Language B?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys, how did you think it all went? I suppose it was harder than I thought but I think it went pretty well :smile: Didn't enjoy Section B though :/
Original post by mols99
Hey guys, how did you think it all went? I suppose it was harder than I thought but I think it went pretty well :smile: Didn't enjoy Section B though :/

Me too i hated section b
and for the section C i wrote the last one
sescribe your favourite time of the year
i wrote about spring. Do you think writing about spring is correct
Reply 22
Original post by Jhanzebillyas
Me too i hated section b
and for the section C i wrote the last one
sescribe your favourite time of the year
i wrote about spring. Do you think writing about spring is correct

Yeah that's correct! I chose the title "The Brilliant Idea" :smile:
Original post by mols99
Yeah that's correct! I chose the title "The Brilliant Idea" :smile:

Are you 100% sure writing about spring and describing it was correct?
Reply 24
Yes I'm positive! You have nothing to worry about :smile: They asked to write your favourite time of year and Spring fits perfectly. Others may have chosen winter, autumn, Christmas, When the sun shines etc... :smile:
Original post by mols99
Yes I'm positive! You have nothing to worry about :smile: They asked to write your favourite time of year and Spring fits perfectly. Others may have chosen winter, autumn, Christmas, When the sun shines etc... :smile:

Phew! Thats a huge relief! Most of the kids in my centre wrote about monsoons
yeah i chose that as well but i wonder if my story was relevant enough yknow? actually i already had a plot in mind and i tweaked it abit for the 'brilliant idea' i was actually a bit hesitant but then i read the exemplar material june 2014 and a kid wrote the new beginning where the beginning is a small part and not a 1000% relevant but still quite relevant and managed 35. so yeah my story plot went something like two brothers going camping. one's timid and the other's calm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. they go camping to some forest to collect some rare flower's for the calm brother (joel)'s research and like jim (timid guy) was kind of hesitant but he was like if hes with his brother nothing can go wrong. so jim kinda prepares himself for the forest by seeing pictures LOL so hes prepared for the spookiness of the forest. so at the end of the day they sleep and then jim wakes up and he sees a pair of glowing eyes hes scared so he wakes his brother up who's still sleepy and half conscious and says its ok probs an owl go back to sleep.. so jim's like ok ok he said sleep must sleep. he wakes up again and its still there he wakes joel again who tells him take a stick and knife throw the stick if its a deer it'll run away and i(came up with this LOL beasts dont have luminous eyes LOOL come to think of it there was no real use of the kinife lmao) and so jims like (INside) BRILLIANT BRAH WHY DIDNT I READ THAT BEFORE I WAS BUSY GETTING THE FEEL OF THE FORESTand he goes towards the eyes, wanting to make his bro proud and being brave himself. so he goes throws the stick and the eyes dont go away so he suddenly feels brave enough to touch the beast. turns out it was their Jeep and that the lights in middle of the headlight were blown so it looked like an eye. he got frustrated at himself and joel he returns and tells joel 'ur so smart etc u didnt fix car's lights.." and joel still sleepy repeats "throw the stick..." what he said before cos he thought jim was scared again. and i forgot what i wrote in the end exxcept for one part "jim thought with a smirk" ya ik smirk sounds weird basically i described the atmosphere feelings well but idk is it relevant enough?
ive taken 'brilliant idea' in a sarcastic manner. As in, 'doing this was deifnitely not a brilliant idea!'. do you think its right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by booksandbags
ive taken 'brilliant idea' in a sarcastic manner. As in, 'doing this was deifnitely not a brilliant idea!'. do you think its right?

Sorry but i think its wrong
Original post by Jhanzebillyas
Sorry but i think its wrong

i don't think so tbh. taken in a sarcastic manner could also be acceptable... i'm feeling it is tho
Original post by mutantninja978
i don't think so tbh. taken in a sarcastic manner could also be acceptable... i'm feeling it is tho

Im afraid he didnt stick to the topic and i think he wrote some irrelevant stuff
Please can someone discuss section b
like what was to be written for each of the three bullet points?
and was placing inverted commas at the start and end of the talk that important?
i don't think inverted commas are important at all like my teacher never told me besides they almost never care about 'headings' 'subheadings' ive seen exemplars and for mag articles i'd expect kids to write a headline but this kid didnt and got 35 so..
So is my story that i described relevant enough? Is it worth 27-31?
Reply 34
So is my story that i described relevant enough? Is it worth 27-31?

No, your essay isn't relevant because you didn't write about your favourite season; you wrote a narrative about a camping trip, but you should get some marks for your English.
Reply 35
Original post by booksandbags

It's fine. Nothing wrong with it.
but i didn't choose descriptive? i managed to fit in the brilliant idea that well kinda morphed into 'un-brilliant' so yeea
Original post by rt67ghy
No, your essay isn't relevant because you didn't write about your favourite season; you wrote a narrative about a camping trip, but you should get some marks for your English.

but i didn't choose descriptive? i managed to fit in the brilliant idea that well kinda morphed into 'un-brilliant' so yeea

what u wrote for section b?
well i kinda talked generally about the experiences (not by me but like in a third person way) and kinda made the audience feel all those events e.g. "you'll be dazzled.." and i kinda mixed or wrote the good things about it in the middle and then talked about the bad stuff and then ended it with a lttle message for us teens to go out more explore the Earth etc etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending