The Student Room Group

Insecure about the fact that I'm not white :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mankytoes
That's me told. Surely saying it's discriminatory to not like certain races is like being told it's sexist not to be attracted to both genders?

:lol:

Erm. No.

"Being attracted to both genders"=sexually liberal
"Not being attracted to certain races"=...not racially liberal. :erm:sooo... what's your point? :rolleyes: It is literally discriminatory not to like certain races :hmmm:.

Anyway since you seem confused, I will just say:

no one is saying, DON'T like white men/women when you're South Asian.
It's OP saying that when South Asian men choose white women (yes, choose, obviously), she feels slighted basically and now questioning if she is as pretty as a white person (real world issue, albeit an outdated insecurity).

No one is saying, don't like white. I'm saying, why don't you like yourself and your own race?
Reply 41
:pierre:
(edited 8 years ago)
It may seem that all the people you know who are in relationships are white but may it also be that the proportion of people in the country you live in are of that ethnicity? Asian girls can be cute for sure, don't worry about it and love yourself for who you are. Nothing more you can do S: Good luck
Original post by Sweet n Sour
:lol:

Erm. No.

"Being attracted to both genders"=sexually liberal
"Not being attracted to certain races"=...not racially liberal. :erm:sooo... what's your point? :rolleyes: It is literally discriminatory not to like certain races :hmmm:.

Anyway since you seem confused, I will just say:

no one is saying, DON'T like white men/women when you're South Asian.
It's OP saying that when South Asian men choose white women (yes, choose, obviously), she feels slighted basically and now questioning if she is as pretty as a white person (real world issue, albeit an outdated insecurity).

No one is saying, don't like white. I'm saying, why don't you like yourself and your own race?

No, I'm comparing it to NOT being attracted to both genders.

I'm a white guy, and I'm attracted to women of all races, loads of them. But I have friends who are definitely liberal and not racist, but they've admitted (not like the ***** who shout about it on here) they aren't attracted to some races. You can't help attraction.

Maybe they like their own race, they just find white women more sexually attractive?
Original post by Mary562
Whoever you are you really aren't funny. I know who you are girl. Don't beg it. :lol:

Jameel wouldn't write like that :smile:

But me is your jam jam,:date: i write however i want, cos I'm too cool for school :pierre:

I'm a white guy, and I'm attracted to women of all races, loads of them. But I have friends who are definitely liberal and not racist, but they've admitted (not like the ***** who shout about it on here) they aren't attracted to some races. You can't help attraction.

Maybe they like their own race, they just find white women more sexually attractive?

I do not understand

not being attracted to "some races" meaning you've made your mind up about a whoooole group of people

Spoiler

yet you're saying they're not racist :lol:
I do not understand

not being attracted to "some races" meaning you've made your mind up about a whoooole group of people

Spoiler

yet you're saying they're not racist :lol:

I'm not saying they've "made up their mind", just that they've said to me, in their experience, they've never been sexually attracted to member of one race. It's like I can say I don't know I'm not bi, I might one day see a guy I fancy, but it seems unlikely, it seems like I'd probably have already seen one by this point in life.

Edit- I don't really accept the "three race" thing either. Surely at least four- European, African, South Asian, East Asian? Or to be un-PC- white, black, brown, yellow?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
(edited 8 years ago)

What cause white girls are sluts right? Pump and dump material? I mean it's not like rottherham,rochdale,oxford et al is nothing go by.
I'm a white guy

wow....just,wow.
Original post by Mary562
Just shut it, you beg. Go back to Somali land where you actually get some real fame. By posting on TSR you don't get famous.

Spoiler

I don't who that is, but It's over between us babez:frown: me show bare luv to ya, ya only hate, hater,
Reply 50
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
What cause white girls are sluts right? Pump and dump material? I mean it's not like rottherham,rochdale,oxford et al is nothing go by.

wow....just,wow.

Eh? I'm talking about consensual adult relations, not child grooming.

Why? Not every white guy is a dick to Asians, you know.
I'm not saying they've "made up their mind", just that they've said to me, in their experience, they've never been sexually attracted to member of one race. It's like I can say I don't know I'm not bi, I might one day see a guy I fancy, but it seems unlikely, it seems like I'd probably have already seen one by this point in life.

Edit- I don't really accept the "three race" thing either. Surely at least four- European, African, South Asian, East Asian? Or to be un-PC- white, black, brown, yellow?

3. You said Asian twice. 3 races. Now ethnicities are not race. They are cultural and regional groups within a race. A race is a general group of people from the same continent, and you are of that race if your parents are.

Anyway.

Not being attracted to someone of your same sex is not the same psychology and sociology of being attracted to your same race. Being attracted to your own race does not raise flags in your subconscious, such as how will you reproduce together? Being attracted to your same sex does. So it is quite illogical and yes racist to not be attracted to someone of your own species just because of colour. :lol: the animals must be lauging at us. If a white bull didn't sleep with a black bull, imagine the bull extinction.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
(edited 8 years ago)
Eh? I'm talking about consensual adult relations, not child grooming.

Why? Not every white guy is a dick to Asians, you know.

And i'm talking about the more than prevalent attitude in many ethnic minorities who "use white girls for sex". It is astoundingly common. "sexually attractive" you say? Well, they sure as hell agree. White girls are seemingly made to be sex objects or something.

No white guy is a dick to asians. Not a single one. It's mostly the case that asians would be up in arms over one of their asian girls receiving similar treatment. I'm just amazed you're actually encouraging it. If you dislike white girls,keep it to yourself please. There's really no need to further encourage the harassment that girls like me that live in multi-ethnic areas need to put up with.I bet your white mother is proud.
Sometimes I feel like this, sadly.
Reply 56
Original post by Syrianprince
How do you mean?

OP is talking about white British.. i'm assuming you're Syrian?
Reply 57
(edited 8 years ago)
3. You said Asian twice. 3 races. Now ethnicities are not race. They are cultural and regional groups within a race. A race is a general group of people from the same continent, and you are of that race if your parents are.

Anyway.

Not being attracted to someone of your same sex is not the same psychology and sociology of being attracted to your same race. Being attracted to your own race does not raise flags in your subconscious, such as how will you reproduce together? Being attracted to your same sex does. So it is quite illogical and yes racist to not be attracted to someone of your own species just because of colour. :lol: the animals must be lauging at us. If a white bull didn't sleep with a black bull, imagine the bull extinction.

The concept of the Asian continent is a Western one, it doesn't mean racial or cultural similarities. You can't tell me Japanese have more in common with Saudis than Saudis do with Egyptians. Race is not about "the same continent". White British and white Aussies are the same race, different continents. Arab Syrians and black Congoese are different race, same continent.

Has that ever been proved?

Colouring, again, isn't the same as race.

And i'm talking about the more than prevalent attitude in many ethnic minorities who "use white girls for sex". It is astoundingly common. "sexually attractive" you say? Well, they sure as hell agree. White girls are seemingly made to be sex objects or something.

No white guy is a dick to asians. Not a single one. It's mostly the case that asians would be up in arms over one of their asian girls receiving similar treatment. I'm just amazed you're actually encouraging it. If you dislike white girls,keep it to yourself please. There's really no need to further encourage the harassment that girls like me that live in multi-ethnic areas need to put up with.I bet your white mother is proud.

People of all races use other people of all races for sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-34382072 What about this guy, who tried to murder a random Asian guy? Have you never seen the BNP, EDL, etc?

I'm not encouraging anything, you're just trying to push this discussion, I wasn't making a point specifically about any race (unlike you), my point stands for any racial group. You think white boys never say "I really want to get with a black/Asian girl"?
I'm a south Asian girl and I notice so many guys around me (including many south Asian guys) who have white girlfriends. It just seems like the preference is to have a gf who is white and girls of other ethnicities come second, or that only when guys don't have the option of getting a white gf do they settle with girls of other ethnicities.

Obviously I can't change my skin color and ethnic facial features, but neither can I change the fact appearance is the thing that guys look at first (even though personality comes into play after that) and what they are willing to commit to i.e. having a girl that actually satisfies their preferences in looks if they're going to be with her for a long term thing.

I can't help but feel that some guys settle for a non-white gf and wait to 'upgrade' to a white gf later. I don't want to be someones temporary, 'she'll-do-for-now' type thing, I wanna be the main meal :/

You can be my main meal :colone:

Seriously though. I'm a white male who "prefers" south asian women. It's just that the SA culture, minus the religion (not into religion), seems to breed women more compatible with my preferred lifestyle. So I prefer them to white women. Of course, the right woman is the right woman and skin colour itself doesn't matter. But damn SA girls are gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending