The Student Room Group

Insecure about the fact that I'm not white :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mankytoes
The concept of the Asian continent is a Western one, it doesn't mean racial or cultural similarities. You can't tell me Japanese have more in common with Saudis than Saudis do with Egyptians. Race is not about "the same continent". White British and white Aussies are the same race, different continents. Arab Syrians and black Congoese are different race, same continent.

Has that ever been proved?

Colouring, again, isn't the same as race.

People of all races use other people of all races for sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-34382072 What about this guy, who tried to murder a random Asian guy? Have you never seen the BNP, EDL, etc?

I'm not encouraging anything, you're just trying to push this discussion, I wasn't making a point specifically about any race (unlike you), my point stands for any racial group. You think white boys never say "I really want to get with a black/Asian girl"?

Lol white Australians aren't originally from Australia :colonhash:
Anyway google race please, I won't argue semantics, dear. It means people who originated from same continent. If you know anything about continental drift and plate tectonics contributing to the first people being split and drifting to different continents, you wouldn't be disputing what race is. :h:

ANYWAY

Are you seriously arguing that Arab Syrians and "Congoese" Africans are different race from the same continent!? Do you know where Syrians came from?! They didn't come from Africa; it's called imperialism and migration. :rolleyes: So of course they're not the same race; they're not from the same continent!

Let's...not play with each other's head, because you'll only end up playing yourself, boy. A black person from Ivory Coast is black from a different country while a black person on the other side in Zimbabwe is black. That's what race is. A white person in England is white while a white person in a different country such as Austria is white because they share the race. @Mankytoes addition: and Austria and England are on the same continent. Do I really have to take you through the schoolyard back to primary school to understand this?
(edited 8 years ago)
You should be proud of your own heritage

People of all races use other people of all races for sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-34382072 What about this guy, who tried to murder a random Asian guy? Have you never seen the BNP, EDL, etc?

I'm not encouraging anything, you're just trying to push this discussion, I wasn't making a point specifically about any race (unlike you), my point stands for any racial group. You think white boys never say "I really want to get with a black/Asian girl"?

No,just no. Are you actually denying the existence of this stereotype among south-asians? The "white slut" one? Some horrible people use other people for sex. With south-asians this is almost a systematic. There is this wide-spread belief among them that they can use white girls for sex and then settle down with their own women. Do you know many white guys that do the same with asian girls? I don't. Well not like asian guys would let them anyway.

Seriously though, stop it. It's not remotely comparable. Supremacists are minorities. I mean the sheer lack of an outcry against mass child grooming should tell you as much. Do you think it would be the same if situations were reversed? LOL. No,your average white guy is not a dick to asians or to anyone.

Yes you are encouraging this stereotype. You made the point about white women being sexually attractive for asian men. Stop it,i don't care if its some weird perversion you have or if you just hate white girls,there was no need to encourage this repulsive phenomena. You're not a white girl you won't have to deal with it. And no, i've never noticed white guys en masses targeting ethnic minority women for temporary sex because they're "brown sluts" and they cna always go back to their own women. Seriously,just stop it.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a south Asian girl and I notice so many guys around me (including many south Asian guys) who have white girlfriends. It just seems like the preference is to have a gf who is white and girls of other ethnicities come second, or that only when guys don't have the option of getting a white gf do they settle with girls of other ethnicities.

Obviously I can't change my skin color and ethnic facial features, but neither can I change the fact appearance is the thing that guys look at first (even though personality comes into play after that) and what they are willing to commit to i.e. having a girl that actually satisfies their preferences in looks if they're going to be with her for a long term thing.

I can't help but feel that some guys settle for a non-white gf and wait to 'upgrade' to a white gf later. I don't want to be someones temporary, 'she'll-do-for-now' type thing, I wanna be the main meal :/

I'm white and I must admit some of the Indian chicks and south East Asian girls are the bomb. Id probably say I find the hot Indian chicks better than the white chicks. White isn't all great for guys, trust me.
I'm a south Asian girl and I notice so many guys around me (including many south Asian guys) who have white girlfriends. It just seems like the preference is to have a gf who is white and girls of other ethnicities come second, or that only when guys don't have the option of getting a white gf do they settle with girls of other ethnicities.

Obviously I can't change my skin color and ethnic facial features, but neither can I change the fact appearance is the thing that guys look at first (even though personality comes into play after that) and what they are willing to commit to i.e. having a girl that actually satisfies their preferences in looks if they're going to be with her for a long term thing.

I can't help but feel that some guys settle for a non-white gf and wait to 'upgrade' to a white gf later. I don't want to be someones temporary, 'she'll-do-for-now' type thing, I wanna be the main meal :/

I think its something to do with the media. In modern times, Its always hot white girls in magazines, models, movies etc, and this has a negative affect on society. As all guys dream of settling with a white girl.

In turn this promotes inter-racial society's which im not a big fan of really (Im not racist btw) , I just think our ancestral heritage/links should be respected and preserved. Not thrown away for some stupid fetish and creating mixed race kids that will last for generations...
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Woof, thought you were gonna say black

Anyway

same I was legit gonna have a heart attack lol.
Reply 66

Does it help that lots of white guys think South Asian girls are frequently hotter than white girls, and quite frankly look far better undressed? People's preferences are personal and plenty of people like every skin colour, and everyone else has physical insecurities too. Perhaps try guessing other people's as a break from worrying about yours.
Reply 67
This has got to be fake or a troll.
Original post by Yawn!

why?
Reply 69
why?

1) There's been quite a few Anon threads attacking minorities made by 'ethnic' members, but are actually made by a small number of white TSR guys with no life.

2) Even if that isn't the case here, no one can be that pathetic. You're either just looking for attention, or you need to sort your head out, lady.
Original post by Yawn!

Surely got everyone arguing :nooo:
Original post by Yawn!
1) There's been quite a few Anon threads attacking minorities made by 'ethnic' members, but are actually made by a small number of white TSR guys with no life.

2) Even if that isn't the case here, no one can be that pathetic. You're either just looking for attention, or you need to sort your head out, lady.

Its really not that unreasonable. Just because as a guy you can't relate or haven't been in that position doesn't mean its not a legitimate (albeit insecure) thought.

Congrats that you're not as pathetic as the op suggests? :rolleyes:
Lol white Australians aren't originally from Australia :colonhash:
Anyway google race please, I won't argue semantics, dear. It means people who originated from same continent. If you know anything about continental drift and plate tectonics contributing to the first people being split and drifting to different continents, you wouldn't be disputing what race is. :h:

ANYWAY

Are you seriously arguing that Arab Syrians and "Congoese" Africans are different race from the same continent!? Do you know where Syrians came from?! They didn't come from Africa; it's called imperialism and migration. :rolleyes: So of course they're not the same race; they're not from the same continent!

Let's...not play with each other's head, because you'll only end up playing yourself, boy. A black person from Ivory Coast is black from a different country while a black person on the other side in Zimbabwe is black. That's what race is. A white person in England is white while a white person in a different country such as Austria is white because they share the race. @Mankytoes addition: and Austria and England are on the same continent. Do I really have to take you through the schoolyard back to primary school to understand this?

I know they weren't. I didn't say they were. That's still the continent they're from though. Don't talk to me about school when you're saying race=continent, yet you're naming three races when there are seven continents (six populated). Continents are social construct. You're mixing physical geography in as well now, you're all over the shop.

I'm not trying to "play" you, I'm just explaining things to you, don't get so defensive.

No,just no. Are you actually denying the existence of this stereotype among south-asians? The "white slut" one? Some horrible people use other people for sex. With south-asians this is almost a systematic. There is this wide-spread belief among them that they can use white girls for sex and then settle down with their own women. Do you know many white guys that do the same with asian girls? I don't. Well not like asian guys would let them anyway.

Seriously though, stop it. It's not remotely comparable. Supremacists are minorities. I mean the sheer lack of an outcry against mass child grooming should tell you as much. Do you think it would be the same if situations were reversed? LOL. No,your average white guy is not a dick to asians or to anyone.

Yes you are encouraging this stereotype. You made the point about white women being sexually attractive for asian men. Stop it,i don't care if its some weird perversion you have or if you just hate white girls,there was no need to encourage this repulsive phenomena. You're not a white girl you won't have to deal with it. And no, i've never noticed white guys en masses targeting ethnic minority women for temporary sex because they're "brown sluts" and they cna always go back to their own women. Seriously,just stop it.

Oh my God, if you want to slag off Asians on the internet, there's a million places to do it, go nuts. That isn't what I was talking about, so take it elsewhere.

There was loads of outcry, it was all over the media for ages. Note there have been subsequent cases with Asian victims with far less publicity. Anyway, don't brush it off as "a minority". You clearly stated "no white guy is a dick to asians. Not a single one". Play the white man (ha) and admit you were wrong.

You're taking that completely out of context. I was trying to reassure an Asian girl, chill the **** out, I'm not making a political statement, stop rambling about perversions.
A lot of people out there consider South Asian girls to be very pretty, honestly. Now, I don't know about the UK, but there is one particular race/gender combination here in the US that is found unattractive in surveys on a regular basis. I won't name them out of respect, but you can look it up. It might make you feel better about your own race.

I will say that you're probably nowhere near the bottom of the "pecking order," if you pay attention to that. Even some White girls feel insecure about their appearance. There are White girls that are considered ugly, get teased and excluded, or feel fat. People in general tend to have these kind of insecurities. It's natural to wonder why people are paying more attention to people that look different from you. There are White guys that complain all the time about girls going for foreign men and claiming they can't get a girlfriend because of it, for instance. Your complaint is likely more valid than theirs, but the point is that there are probably more people than you think that would be interested in you. When you feel self-conscious or undesirable, you just start looking at life this way... through this negative, jealous filter where everyone else seems to have it better than you do.

But what I think is that people who care more about a person's appearance than who they are inside are kind of superficial anyway, and that you're probably better off without them. Do you really want the kind of superficial, crude attention that some blonde girl in revealing clothing gets, or would you prefer to find someone who really appreciates your personality and your interests?

Being White really doesn't make life perfect by any stretch of the imagination, though. For one thing, people of other races are often jealous of you and resentful for that reason alone. They think they hide it well, but they really don't. At least you're honest about it, and that's always a good thing. It's almost like being rich and having poor people think of you as a "fat cat," but without the advantage of having money. There's this feeling that the sword of Damocles is always hanging over your head, and that everyone else who isn't White wants to see you fall because you're already too high up for their taste. To try and put this in British terms, I think all White people are basically regarded as tall poppies by other races here in the US.

I mean, I'll never know for sure if the people around me actually value me personally, or whether they just like the fact that my name is easy to pronounce and that my skin is so transparent you can see the veins in my arms all the way up to my elbows. The good thing for you is that anyone who does care about you... probably cares about you for who you are.

I guess ultimately, my point is that you have to learn how to value yourself and seek out people who are also willing to value you. It can be very hard, and it will likely take time. But I think once you find some friends in a supportive environment that accept you, all this stuff won't matter so much to you.
I know they weren't. I didn't say they were. That's still the continent they're from though. Don't talk to me about school when you're saying race=continent, yet you're naming three races when there are seven continents (six populated). Continents are social construct. You're mixing physical geography in as well now, you're all over the shop.

I'm not trying to "play" you, I'm just explaining things to you, don't get so defensive.

You, my friend, know nothing. We're left to argue about words and definitions because you know nothing. I'm not getting defensive. I'm getting annoyed that you know nothing.

YOU said...that race isn't about continent...because Syrians aren't black like "Congoese" people...while they're in Africa.

Pause, I need extra time to take that in. :toofunny:

I'm telling you...

that Syrians

did not originate

in Africa

so of course

they're not black

like people from Congo.

They

are merely

migrants.

I am discussing

natives

of a continent

share the same

race,

and not necessarily ethnicity.

And whoa. So you can be "all over the shop" talking to me about Syrians not being like people from Congo, but I can't talk about Liberians being black like people in Zimbabwe because they're from the same race?
You, my friend, know nothing. We're left to argue about words and definitions because you know nothing. I'm not getting defensive. I'm getting annoyed that you know nothing.

YOU said...that race isn't about continent...because Syrians aren't black like "Congoese" people...while they're in Africa.

Pause, I need extra time to take that in. :toofunny:

I'm telling you...

that Syrians

did not originate

in Africa

so of course

they're not black

like people from Congo.

They

are merely

migrants.

I am discussing

natives

of a continent

share the same

race,

and not necessarily ethnicity.

And whoa. So you can be "all over the shop" talking to me about Syrians not being like people from Congo, but I can't talk about Liberians being black like people in Zimbabwe because they're from the same race?

Did you need to take up all that space? Leave it, Jesus, I need to stop replying, I've got into two separate annoying pointless arguments here. If you don't understand, read a book, don't advertise it.

Oh my God, if you want to slag off Asians on the internet, there's a million places to do it, go nuts. That isn't what I was talking about, so take it elsewhere.

There was loads of outcry, it was all over the media for ages. Note there have been subsequent cases with Asian victims with far less publicity. Anyway, don't brush it off as "a minority". You clearly stated "no white guy is a dick to asians. Not a single one". Play the white man (ha) and admit you were wrong.

You're taking that completely out of context. I was trying to reassure an Asian girl, chill the **** out, I'm not making a political statement, stop rambling about perversions.

I'm not actually slagging off asian guys at all. Hey if you're that way inclined and you know you can get away with it, then why not,i say.What you were saying is that white women are "sexually attractive" to asian men-i took issue with degrading white women to sexual objects for ethnic minorities ,especially because it's well grounded in reality.To reiterate,it's irrelevant whether this is some perversion you have or you just dislike white girls, stop it. Those of us that live in multi-cultural areas and experience this sort of harassment don't appreciate it.
There was no outcry. Unless you believe keyboard warrior whining constitutes an outcry.If you're a wimp i suppose it might. If the reverse happened with south asian girls there'd be a lot more than some general complaints and you know it.(for reference: check the gang violence that ensued after the paedos started hitting on sikh girls).
I apologize then, the *average white guy is not a dick to anyone and no i'd rather not play the washed-out wimp and admit i'm wrong. I'm not.

Reassure whoever you want, no one cares. White girls have nothing to do with any of this, so don't drag us into any demented perversion you might hold.
Original post by princxsa
same I was legit gonna have a heart attack lol.

Appreciate that all minorities feel like this evidently. It's nothing to do with colour of skin or culture - it is just something that happens due to the way human societies work. White people living in India probably feel pretty damn unwanted and ugly too... Especially those white people who for whatever reason manage to be less wealthy/educated than the average indian...
Did you need to take up all that space? Leave it, Jesus, I need to stop replying, I've got into two separate annoying pointless arguments here. If you don't understand, read a book, don't advertise it.

:lol: ironic when you don't even know the definition of race. Accept it, and don't argue your silly theories to me. We can argue all day and you still sounded ridiculous comparing Arab immigrants to negroid natives of Africa and thinking it would hold as a proper argument :hand: Yes, please stop quoting me and go get that book whichever one it is that you so kindly suggested I read.
I'm not actually slagging off asian guys at all. Hey if you're that way inclined and you know you can get away with it, then why not,i say.What you were saying is that white women are "sexually attractive" to asian men-i took issue with degrading white women to sexual objects for ethnic minorities ,especially because it's well grounded in reality.To reiterate,it's irrelevant whether this is some perversion you have or you just dislike white girls, stop it. Those of us that live in multi-cultural areas and experience this sort of harassment don't appreciate it.
There was no outcry. Unless you believe keyboard warrior whining constitutes an outcry.If you're a wimp i suppose it might. If the reverse happened with south asian girls there'd be a lot more than some general complaints and you know it.(for reference: check the gang violence that ensued after the paedos started hitting on sikh girls).
I apologize then, the *average white guy is not a dick to anyone and no i'd rather not play the washed-out wimp and admit i'm wrong. I'm not.

Reassure whoever you want, no one cares. White girls have nothing to do with any of this, so don't drag us into any demented perversion you might hold.

No, that's not what I was suggesting. Go back and read the context, if you aren't just trolling me. I'm responding to one girl's specific comment, not making a comment on society. She's saying the South Asian boys she knows prefer white girls. I'm saying maybe that's just a preference they have. Not the couple of billion Asian men in the world, the few dozen she knows.

Well I read The Times. It was on the front of The Times a lot, they did a lot of investigative reporting on it.

This "pervertion" joke is hilarious, please keep going, it gets funnier every time.

:lol: ironic when you don't even know the definition of race. Accept it, and don't argue your silly theories to me. We can argue all day and you still sounded ridiculous comparing Arab immigrants to negroid natives of Africa and thinking it would hold as a proper argument :hand: Yes, please stop quoting me and go get that book whichever one it is that you so kindly suggested I read.

Right, an immigrant is an individual who has moved country. It doesn't refer to a race. A black person in England is not an immigrant if they were born there. An arab in Africa is not an immigrant if they were born there.

I know no one likes being corrected, so yeah, you need to do the smileys, fine. But seriously, if you want to reply, just do PM, yeah?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending