The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinks12
hi, I was wondering how long the Publishing and English course usually take to apply to applicants??

Hi Tinks12

I have contacted the department directly about this and they have said that all applications are assessed on an individual basis, so it usually takes between 4-6 weeks to process an application.

At this time of year applications generally come in more gradually and so your application may be processed a bit quicker, but December/January time is a lot busier and so applications can take slightly longer to process then.

I hope this helps. If you have any further queries about your application, you can contact the department directly at [email protected] or on +44 (0)1509 222967.

Amy :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by hola!!
Hi there,

I sent my application off for Mechanical Engineering, how long does the department take on average to get back to you once they have received it. Thank you.

Hi hola!!

I have contacted the department who have confirmed that usually you should hear back within 2-3 weeks of your application. Invites for interviews should hopefully begin sending out this week, so it shouldn't be long before you hear back. The Admissions Tutor and Admissions Administrator both look at each application individually before a response is sent out.

I hope this helps - if you have any further queries about your application you can contact the department directly at [email protected] or on +44 (0)1509 227644.

Amy :smile:
Original post by Emily666
With regards to the "Politics, History and International Relations" course, how many places are available and what is the typical number of applications per place.

Many thanks,

Emily

Hi Emily

I have contacted the department directly with your query and they have provided the following info:

'Politics, History and International Relations is a new course and the first intake will be in 2016, so there are no application numbers available yet - usually we would be able to provide this information. We don't target intake numbers on specific courses, and we are yet to have our total undergraduate target for 2016 confirmed. For 2015, however, the target for all our undergraduate courses was 220.'

I hope this helps! If you would like to discuss this further you can contact the department directly at [email protected] or on (01509) 222 983.

Amy
hi, I'm going to the campus tour next week, can't wait!!
I was wondering, if I took psychology, could I do any units from criminology along side it?
I would like to take psychology and criminology but it isn't accredited by the BPS :frown:
Original post by ricefarmer
hi, I'm going to the campus tour next week, can't wait!!
I was wondering, if I took psychology, could I do any units from criminology along side it?
I would like to take psychology and criminology but it isn't accredited by the BPS :frown:

Hi ricefarmer

Hope the sun is shining next week and you have a great time on your visit :smile:

You're eligible to take 20 credits outside your course, so you would be able to take 20 credits worth of criminology modules.
However, compulsory / core modules takepriority so criminology modules would be subject to availability andtimetable permitting.Hope that makes sense.

Vicky
Reply 25
When we went to visit the lecturer said the combined course Psychology with Criminology was BPS accredited and it also says on the combined course description on the website that "this gives students the opportunity to study the core modules required for BPS accreditation" so I am confused by this now??
how long does it take to reply on track got an acknowledgement thing today
Anyone else applying for civil engineering?
Hi Vicky,

Please can you tell me how long the business/ economics school are taking to reply to applicants on average at the moment?

Thanks
Reply 29
How long does it take for them to reply with offers for media and communication please?
Original post by ASlevel911
Hi Vicky,

Please can you tell me how long the business/ economics school are taking to reply to applicants on average at the moment?

Thanks

Hi ASlevel911

The department have advised that it is currently taking around 3 weeks to get back to applicants from the date when the application is received. You can get in touch with the department directly at [email protected] or on 01509 223393.

Hope this helps,
Amy
Original post by scrawlx101

Hi scrawlx101

Which course is it that you are applying for?

Amy
Original post by scrawlx101

Hi scrawlx101

I've contacted admissions and they are going to look into updating this ASAP for you. If you don't see anything there soon, give them a call direct on 01509 223522.

Thanks
Amy
Original post by Wormit
When we went to visit the lecturer said the combined course Psychology with Criminology was BPS accredited and it also says on the combined course description on the website that "this gives students the opportunity to study the core modules required for BPS accreditation" so I am confused by this now??

Hi Wormit

I have asked the department to provide clarity on this, so I will let you know when I receive a reply.

Amy
Original post by moye98
How long does it take for them to reply with offers for media and communication please?

Hi moye98

I have contacted the department and will let you know once they get back to me :smile:

Thanks
Amy
Hi
When will applicant day be for sports and exercise science nothing in offer letter?
Thanks
Original post by TraceyE
Hi
When will applicant day be for sports and exercise science nothing in offer letter?
Thanks

Hi TraceyE

I have contacted the department and will be in touch with more info soon.

Thanks
Amy
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi ASlevel911

The department have advised that it is currently taking around 3 weeks to get back to applicants from the date when the application is received. You can get in touch with the department directly at [email protected] or on 01509 223393.

Hope this helps,
Amy

Sorry! *Amy

Thanks
Original post by ASlevel911
Sorry! *Amy

Thanks

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by TraceyE
Hi
Thanks

Hi TracyE

I've been told by the department that visit days for Sport and Exercise Science will be on the following dates:

03/02/2016
10/02/2016
02/03/2016
09/03/2016

You should have received an email from the department containing details - if you don't have one yet you should expect to receive one soon. Keep an eye on your inbox over the coming days - it will also be worth checking in your junk mail in case the email has been placed there.

I hope this helps - if you don't have any luck with email over the next few days I'd contact the department directly. You can do this at [email protected] or by calling 01509 226330 - the person you need to speak to is Charlotte Bree.

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending