The Student Room Group

Dad said that he was glad i was a girl because of this..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Drunk Punx
RE: kids looking after their parents in old age.

People having kids is a choice. When people have kids, they (for the most part) accept the responsibility that comes with that choice.

Looking after your parents as they descend into the mental chaos that is their 70s and 80s is also a choice. To suggest otherwise, in the vein of "your parents looked after you therefore you must look after them!", is emotional blackmail.

The parents asked for a kid. The result is their responsibility.
The kid didn't ask to be born, which kind of absolves them of any responsibility concerning "your parents did x therefore you must do x".

It's a rather black and white way of looking at things, granted. But I'm not becoming a carer to anyone during my golden years (or at any point in my life, actually. I hate people :h: ), regardless of what impact they had on my life.

Now before anyone loses their **** and completely misinterprets that, I'm not saying I won't do anything for my parents. If I've got the money then I'll make sure they're well looked after. I'll pop in from time to time and make sure, personally, that they're doing ok. But I ain't wiping their arses.

So for everyone who's saying that they'd love to be their parents carer when they're older because they owe it to them or however they're trying to justify their moral outrage against people who don't share the same opinion... good luck with that. You'll be bathroom buddies with the people who created you. And if that's what you want, congratulations on having more staying power than I.

Very well put I must say.I wish I could do that.

I was particularly interested in your comment because I had lead a life of the utmost selfishness and complete lack of any value whatsoever other than pleasuring women when suddenly I found myself caring for someone 24/7.

Ironically enough I was able to do it * because the person was mentally ill so it was the first time,in effect,that I felt as if I was living by myself which is pretty much all I've ever wanted being somewhat of an introverted misanthrope.

But boy was it hard. The very worst part was that the patient was a very early riser while I've always been a very late riser so that after 3 months I was shattered and the patient would be constantly leaving the house and wandering all over town and some of the less enlightened neighbours thought I was slacking!!!

I still never ever speak to a couple of them over this.

But I suppose all I wanted to say is I'm glad I did what I did.Its arguably the second most important job a person can ever have.

* I only lasted just over a year before the patient caused a multiple pile up on one of their 'excursions' and was placed in a home.:colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
wow
that's like "i know you helped me and sacrificed so much for me and did everything to make sure i was growing up warm and comfortable and was raised right with good manners but i didn't ask you to did I because you decided to do this to yourself so i ain't owe you nothing"

.... you sound like a brat tbh :hand: that's a right **** you to your dad ngl if you were my child you'd get a spankin rn :lol:

Call me what you want but im not being emotionally blackmailed into caring just because of my sex, I dont have those caring qualities for people. I care about animals instead. Ive rescued quite a few pet rats and other small animals as you know many people have no empathy at all for them because they havent had/wont get anything in return for it. Just how I am.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
Call me what you want but im not being emotionally blackmailed into caring just because of my sex, I dont have those caring qualities for people. I care about animals instead. Ive rescued quite a few pet rats and other small animals as you know many people have no empathy at all for them because they havent had/wont get anything in return for it. Just how I am.

it's not because of your sex it's because you're his child fgs
you care about a rat more than your dad oh wow
are you a rat? no you're a human being
your dad gave so much for you and you're gonna turn around and be like "no dad **** you im a woman im not gonna be oppressed by you im just gonna play with these rats instead they're better than you"

you bitch im so done fgs
don't look after your parents when they are old just dump them in a care what have they ever done for you?
Reply 44
Im an only child and apprantly my dad said to my grandma that he's glad i was a girl as 'girls after their parents in old age, lads don't bother'

Is this true? I dont really want to look after him when he's old, Im not the caring type if i wanted to look after people I would have been a nurse. Sounds daft but I feel pressured now lol :/

Dont think he means literally live with him and be there at his beck and call.

he just means women tend to be more caring than men.
Original post by z33
it's not because of your sex it's because you're his child fgs
you care about a rat more than your dad oh wow
are you a rat? no you're a human being
your dad gave so much for you and you're gonna turn around and be like "no dad **** you im a woman im not gonna be oppressed by you im just gonna play with these rats instead they're better than you"

you bitch im so done fgs

Ha dont be soft, I didnt call you because of your opinion. Wtf cant I voice my opinion without being called a bitch? You said my gender has nothing to do with this. What would you call me if I had been a lad?

I dont think badly of you as I think some of your posts ive read in other threads have been decent, just why an i a bitch for having an opinion on life?
Reply 46
Ha dont be soft, I didnt call you because of your opinion. Wtf cant I voice my opinion without being called a bitch? You said my gender has nothing to do with this. What would you call me if I had been a lad?

I dont think badly of you as I think some of your posts ive read in other threads have been decent, just why an i a bitch for having an opinion on life?

still a bitch

the way you forward your opinion isn't the best, your reasoning for not taking care of your parent is because you're a girl like how tf even?
Original post by z33
still a bitch

the way you forward your opinion isn't the best, your reasoning for not taking care of your parent is because you're a girl like how tf even?

Its not my reasoning Im not the type to provide full time care to people anyway. Just noticed your muslim thats why, most tend to be slaves to their families and care **** all about animals, yet live over here and say we do things wrong. Doesnt matter your opinion of me doesnt count. Im wasting my time need to go.
Reply 48
Its not my reasoning Im not the type to provide full time care to people anyway. Just noticed your muslim thats why, most tend to be slaves to their families and care **** all about animals, yet live over here and say we do things wrong. Doesnt matter your opinion of me doesnt count. Im wasting my time need to go.

but the thing is even if you aint that type of person you put that aside for your loved ones. I'm stubborn and i would never admit i was wrong but when im in an argument with my brother i let him off, i'm lazy as **** and hate doing housework but when i see my mother do it i help, you see?
whoa you're acc gonna bring my religion into this what are you okay? I do care for animals for one, and im not a ****ing slave wtf?
the ignorance :hand: have good day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending