The Student Room Group

Maybe forgot to indicate which question I was answering for the English lit paper 1

Does this mean I’ll be awarded 0 marks ? My writing was very clear about which question I was answering
(edited 11 months ago)
lol doubt it they aren't that harsh
Original post by Callum5356
Does this mean I’ll be awarded 0 marks ? My writing was very clear about which question I was answering

hello callum mate, my little cousin freddy did this last year, dont know if the examiner woke up on the wrong side of the bed but he awarded the little scallywag 0 marks!! needless to say, freddy was absolutely fuming bless him, you see, his parents had just gone through a pretty ropey divorce, and his dad left with his younger sister cecilia(she took the playstation) this caused freddy to rely heavily on hard caffeine. as a result of this, freddy forgot to tell the examiner which question he was answering. poor freddy. he has now turned to the dark side of the internet watching ricegum open mystery boxes all day and night, what a bright future he used to have, oh freddy we do miss the old you. freddy was also a heavy gym-goer, and has now stopped attending completely. freddy is now 16 stone and has to resit english due to his little kerfuffle. dont be like freddy :frown:
Original post by alevel2trappy
hello callum mate, my little cousin freddy did this last year, dont know if the examiner woke up on the wrong side of the bed but he awarded the little scallywag 0 marks!! needless to say, freddy was absolutely fuming bless him, you see, his parents had just gone through a pretty ropey divorce, and his dad left with his younger sister cecilia(she took the playstation) this caused freddy to rely heavily on hard caffeine. as a result of this, freddy forgot to tell the examiner which question he was answering. poor freddy. he has now turned to the dark side of the internet watching ricegum open mystery boxes all day and night, what a bright future he used to have, oh freddy we do miss the old you. freddy was also a heavy gym-goer, and has now stopped attending completely. freddy is now 16 stone and has to resit english due to his little kerfuffle. dont be like freddy :frown:

"Solitary as an Oyster" is a good one BTW who has the past papers for combined food tech, i am still on eggs and bacon?????????

I actually did this too but I contacted my exams office and they said they've contacted the exam board to let them know and that I won't lose any marks.
Reply 5
Original post by scar-the-queen
I actually did this too but I contacted my exams office and they said they've contacted the exam board to let them know and that I won't lose any marks.

Are you allowed to do this ? Surely what’s done is done
(edited 11 months ago)
Are you allowed to do this ? Surely what’s done is done

I'm assuming yes..because the exam board had no problem with my exams officer contacting them on behalf of me. They said they can't send a note to the person marking my paper saying that I made the mistake, but since it's very clear from my essay which question I am answering I will not lose any marks.
Reply 7
I'm assuming yes..because the exam board had no problem with my exams officer contacting them on behalf of me. They said they can't send a note to the person marking my paper saying that I made the mistake, but since it's very clear from my essay which question I am answering I will not lose any marks.

Oh okay so I should be good ? What if you put no cross at all ? Tbh I completely forgot what I did
Oh okay so I should be good ? What if you put no cross at all ? Tbh I completely forgot what I did

I completely forgot what I did as well..in hindsight I think I actually did put a cross but the exam board told my exams officer that even if I didn't put a cross I would be fine as long as it's obvious what question I was intending to answer. I wouldn't lose marks for not indicating what question I answered.
Reply 9
I completely forgot what I did as well..in hindsight I think I actually did put a cross but the exam board told my exams officer that even if I didn't put a cross I would be fine as long as it's obvious what question I was intending to answer. I wouldn't lose marks for not indicating what question I answered.

Thank you for the answers, feel more confident now for sure :smile:
Thank you for the answers, feel more confident now for sure :smile:

Glad I could help!

Quick Reply

Latest