The Student Room Group

Extremely Confused

So I'm at the end of my AS levels and I'm so confused about what major I want to do?The thing is I kind of thought about doing Political science so I chose my subjects based on that however I'm so confused right now.I'm kind of thinking about studying medicine because I really like dealing with ppl with eating disorders.So now I'm confused,lost and demotivated with my exams in a months time and I'm not ready.What should I do?
Original post by WorkForYourDream
So I'm at the end of my AS levels and I'm so confused about what major I want to do?The thing is I kind of thought about doing Political science so I chose my subjects based on that however I'm so confused right now.I'm kind of thinking about studying medicine because I really like dealing with ppl with eating disorders.So now I'm confused,lost and demotivated with my exams in a months time and I'm not ready.What should I do?

By major do you mean degree?
Original post by claireestelle
By major do you mean degree?

yea (undergraduate)
yea (undergraduate)

Well you could do medicine but to get into psychiatry would take years so you have to be in for the long haul, but there's no harm taking a gap year to figure things out after a levels if you are feeling confused :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Well you could do medicine but to get into psychiatry would take years so you have to be in for the long haul, but there's no harm taking a gap year to figure things out after a levels if you are feeling confused :smile:

Thank you!
What I will do no is work my best for the AS-levels exams I have coming up and hopefully during the summer.I'll sort out my situation and if I do end choosing medicine I'll just redo AS-levels with the right subjects
Thank you!
What I will do no is work my best for the AS-levels exams I have coming up and hopefully during the summer.I'll sort out my situation and if I do end choosing medicine I'll just redo AS-levels with the right subjects

Oh i see, resitting the year could be quite an issue when it comes to medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest