The Student Room Group

Would you be happy with these grades in GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AxSirlotl
Edexcel and I am trying to improve in Maths, a lot! Also I'm trying to improve my history too.

Original post by zXcodeXz
Really good results well done! How would I improve in maths and what exam board do you do for maths?

Wow, do you have any tips for me to improve in maths?

I've been getting A*s in GCSE edexcel maths for the past couple of years and I also do further maths which I got an A^ in (A distinction = higher than A* :h:) so if anyone needs any help with any topics I don't mind giving some tips :wink:
Original post by rosiehannay
I've been getting A*s in GCSE edexcel maths for the past couple of years and I also do further maths which I got an A^ in (A distinction = higher than A* :h:) so if anyone needs any help with any topics I don't mind giving some tips :wink:

I'm doing AQA for GCSE is it true that most of the questions are recycled?
Yeah I'd be happy with those!!
Original post by Conceited
**** off

How kind :tongue: :lol:
I'm doing AQA for GCSE is it true that most of the questions are recycled?

Are they recycled in AQA? I wouldn't know that sorry buddy... I do Edexcel maths :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Username3097486
Nice profile pic man...i can imagine you would smile like that with good gcse results

LOOL thanks :biggrin:
Reply 46
Are they recycled in AQA? I wouldn't know that sorry buddy... I do Edexcel maths :smile:

Do you do AQA Further Maths?
Original post by g3ob
Do you do AQA Further Maths?

Oh yeah I do

Oh ok
Oh ok I have to do history and computing too, but for maths I really don't even know how to improve

i could help you out, im currently aiming A*. what parts do you struggle with???
Reply 50
What did you get in GCSE's?

it was sarcasm lmao
Original post by sfaraj
i could help you out, im currently aiming A*. what parts do you struggle with???

For maths it's usually geometry and measures and like general questions
Original post by HH16
it was sarcasm lmao

No, I'm seriously asking
For maths it's usually geometry and measures and like general questions

what i do which could help is make key cards on all the vital equations you need or a mindmap, whichever takes your fancy. Also do past questions, especially on the topics you struggle with. Message me if you need and help :smile:
Original post by AxSirlotl
These are the results that I got in my last mock exams.
A* - Physics (P2)
A* - Spanish (Reading)
A* - Spanish (Listening)
A - Mathematics (Calculator)
A - Chemistry (C2)
A - IGCSE English Language
B - Mathematics (Non - Calculator)
B - History
B - Biology
B - Computing
I don't know what I got in English yet but I always do badly in literature so I reckon at best I'd get a B or a C.

Better than my GCSE's so yeah, sure, you can do better though, I'm confident in that :smile:
They're good trades but I personally wouldn't want them. It depends on how good you are and how far you aim.
Original post by sfaraj
what i do which could help is make key cards on all the vital equations you need or a mindmap, whichever takes your fancy. Also do past questions, especially on the topics you struggle with. Message me if you need and help :smile:

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Don't make posts like this on TSR forums, because some people's goals can make yours look like SH**. Some of them are utter BS but don't worry as you're doing what you can do, just do heavy revision now and you can turn those B's to A's (unless you got a c or something in coursework then you're screwd).
I believe in you man.
Peace!
Reply 58
Original post by Novascope
Yeah honestly the stress isn't worth it. I remember freaking out about my GCSE's. I didn't do as well as you did, but now I'm almost finishing up my second year at uni and I've received at 1st in a majority of my modules thus far.

Well done on that! Anyway I'm going to keep revising loads so I make sure that I do well. Thanks :smile:
Reply 59
I hope so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest