The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

I have an unconditional firm offer. Will I get the accommodation I want?

Thought I read that accommodation is officially allocated once an offer becomes unconditional.
Reply 1
Original post by bathstudent16
Thought I read that accommodation is officially allocated once an offer becomes unconditional.

yes they are most likely to give you priority for accommodation if you have firmed that university.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

I think you're treated just like everyone else and are given a random number and an accommodation unless they specifically mentioned firmers get priority.
Original post by jenigma
I think you're treated just like everyone else and are given a random number and an accommodation unless they specifically mentioned firmers get priority.

It's not that i'm a firmer, but that I have an unconditional offer since I finished exams last year. So if I apply for accommodation it's 100% that i'll be there, as long as i'm still alive in oct-
It's not that i'm a firmer, but that I have an unconditional offer since I finished exams last year. So if I apply for accommodation it's 100% that i'll be there, as long as i'm still alive in oct-

You're gonna be alive! :lol: That made me chuckle.

I had the same but I still wasn't given priority but it might be different now.
Original post by jenigma
You're gonna be alive! :lol: That made me chuckle.

I had the same but I still wasn't given priority but it might be different now.

Oh well. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
I'd imagine unconditional firms come before everyone else, I was a conditional firm and had no problems (neither did my friend at college who applied for the same accommodation) and as far as I can recall nobody I spoke to during first year who had firmed had not been given the accommodation they wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest