The Student Room Group

I want a relationship so badly

Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl and I have a crush on my gay friend's boyfriend (they live together) and it's seriously screwing me up. It's making me feel so bad and sad and jealous. I really don't want to like him. He's really nice to me, and everyone, and the fact we all sometimes just sit in bed together for fun probably worsens the crush tbh lol. They run a business together; they've achieved their dream. They're so, so happy and cosy and deeply in love and I want what they have sooooooo badly.

It seems as though everyone has had a relationship or had sex except for me. I can't help but feel nostalgic for 4/5 years ago when there wasn't this constant pressure to have sex and make loads of money and pass driving tests and buy cars. We were all just kids.

I had a kind-of-date with a guy that my friend set me up with yesterday and we all got a bit drunk because he's very into drinking but I felt quite empty. She tells him that I'm the 'queen of shots' when that's not totally true. Getting drunk all the time is really emotionally unfulfilling and it makes me feel like a tramp. He seems nice though - do you think attraction might grow? Or would going out with him again be unfair on him?

I have a bad feeling that - subconsciously - I deliberately seek out and get crushes on guys that can't like me back.

It's not just the crush though that I'm sad about. I don't exactly know what I want in life, apart from a cosy relationship and a car. I hate my part-time job but I can't seem to find anything else and I'm so, so, so ****ing unhappy at school doing A Levels; not a day goes by where I don't regret taking them. I haven't revised for my A2 exams at all; I just have no motivation. It's just pointless. But I feel like going to uni would be good because I could get away. But I'm not at all passionate about what I'll be studying and I'll miss my friends and also, in the near future, I want a car but going to uni will make that difficult. I had a week's work experience at a nursery and looking after the babies was so nice and I didn't want it to end. So maybe I should have a think about that. I don't know though - wouldn't that mean that I'd need to get a BTEC in childcare? Essentially I'd have wasted two years of A Levels.

Everything feels like such a mess right now and have serious highs and serious lows. I can't help but wonder when everything's going to fall into place and work out for me. Any advice would be much appreciated.
If you find it hard to get into a relationship these days then somethings wrong.
Original post by Abolisher
If you find it hard to get into a relationship these days then somethings wrong.

Yeah I find it hard also. I believe I am kind and friendly but idk why i can't get girls.

Please help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Proxenus
Yeah I find it hard also. I believe I am kind and friendly but idk why i can't get girls.

Please help me

Posted from TSR Mobile

il sell you one.

she love you long time.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl and I have a crush on my gay friend's boyfriend (they live together) and it's seriously screwing me up. It's making me feel so bad and sad and jealous. I really don't want to like him. He's really nice to me, and everyone, and the fact we all sometimes just sit in bed together for fun probably worsens the crush tbh lol. They run a business together; they've achieved their dream. They're so, so happy and cosy and deeply in love and I want what they have sooooooo badly.

It seems as though everyone has had a relationship or had sex except for me. I can't help but feel nostalgic for 4/5 years ago when there wasn't this constant pressure to have sex and make loads of money and pass driving tests and buy cars. We were all just kids.

I had a kind-of-date with a guy that my friend set me up with yesterday and we all got a bit drunk because he's very into drinking but I felt quite empty. She tells him that I'm the 'queen of shots' when that's not totally true. Getting drunk all the time is really emotionally unfulfilling and it makes me feel like a tramp. He seems nice though - do you think attraction might grow? Or would going out with him again be unfair on him?

I have a bad feeling that - subconsciously - I deliberately seek out and get crushes on guys that can't like me back.

It's not just the crush though that I'm sad about. I don't exactly know what I want in life, apart from a cosy relationship and a car. I hate my part-time job but I can't seem to find anything else and I'm so, so, so ****ing unhappy at school doing A Levels; not a day goes by where I don't regret taking them. I haven't revised for my A2 exams at all; I just have no motivation. It's just pointless. But I feel like going to uni would be good because I could get away. But I'm not at all passionate about what I'll be studying and I'll miss my friends and also, in the near future, I want a car but going to uni will make that difficult. I had a week's work experience at a nursery and looking after the babies was so nice and I didn't want it to end. So maybe I should have a think about that. I don't know though - wouldn't that mean that I'd need to get a BTEC in childcare? Essentially I'd have wasted two years of A Levels.

Everything feels like such a mess right now and have serious highs and serious lows. I can't help but wonder when everything's going to fall into place and work out for me. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Simply put the strong survive and the weak die off, so become mentally strong and do something about your predicament rather than complain on tsr about such meaningless aspirations, do something with your life
I'm on the verge on giving up on men and adopting dogs but I will say this

1) Quit your job maybe?
2) Put up a pic of your dream uni on your wall and below it, a council flat. Everytime you feel demotivated look at it.
3) If you want to do childcare can you take a gap year and do a year's experience and in the meantime, change uni courses?
Reply 6
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm on the verge on giving up on men and adopting dogs but I will say this

1) Quit your job maybe?
2) Put up a pic of your dream uni on your wall and below it, a council flat. Everytime you feel demotivated look at it.
3) If you want to do childcare can you take a gap year and do a year's experience and in the meantime, change uni courses?

Really?

So many are saying this. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending