The Student Room Group

What's the highest possible paid profession I can get into with 4A*s at A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Anything.. Within reason.

Could be French, English, Computer Science, Econ, Accounting and Finance, Engineering etc.. Everyone receives the same extensive training when they start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would a degree in Neuroscience from UCL be acceptable?
Original post by SamTheMan86
Would a degree in Neuroscience from UCL be acceptable?

Oh dear, I did say anything..

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're a wahabbi, then I'd avoid studying a STEM subject, nearly all from zawahiri to the young ones end up blowing themselves up or calling for it. If not, then it's ok
if you choose medical field just for the money you can earn.... I would avoid to be your patient....
If you chase money, you're more likely to drop out or become depressed over whatever you end up with. If you don't know what to do, don't do anything yet. Figure out what you love. The only wage you need is one that lets you live comfortably and have a little disposable income.

Would you rather work for the rest of your life but earn more, or earn more than enough and never truly work a day in your post-graduate life?
Reply 45
People like this ruin the world...

money chasers
Business owner.

Original post by sammio
People like this ruin the world...

money chasers

Don't they help it go round?
Reply 47
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Business owner.

Don't they help it go round?

Theres a difference between chasing money and running a business
Original post by Squishy•
Yeah basically If the Alevels are all sciences and maths and were 4 A*s; what is the highest paid profession I can get into?
Guys I'm obviously meaning what degree->area of work. I used the 4 A*s to imply that it would be with science a levels (not something like a degree in sociology) and that I'd meet the requirements for university.

whyyyy you so pretttty!!!!! :eek::ahee:
dentist? doctor? thats all i know really...😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by sfaraj
dentist? doctor? thats all i know really...😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

😄 well yeah haha I'm just wondering how all these millionaires and rich people got so much money. Like what they do
😄 well yeah haha I'm just wondering how all these millionaires and rich people got so much money. Like what they do

They start companies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
They start companies

Posted from TSR Mobile

With what degrees
With what degrees

Anyone with any degree can learn to start a business...
With what degrees

Plant science is usually required to start a business
Do any academically rigorous degree that you're interested in. Getting a 1st in a degree you're not interested in and you're only thinking about the "money" - it's impossible.
With what degrees

You don't need a degree to start a company lol, just look at Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Richard Branson... Starting and growing a succesful company requires a level of tenacity that most people don't have, a vision to convince investors to give you money and to convince employees to come on board. There is no 'easy' path to making money, in fact, most companies fail.

A degree will NOT get you rich, you and your skills, personality traits and ideas will. You can envision all you want about the idea that grades actually translate into cash, but what you'll realise is they mean squat if you don't have the right aptitude (personality, ability etc) for any of these 'highly paid' jobs nor will a degree course help you become a successful entrepreneur.

So, I repeat: STUDY A DEGREE YOU WANT TO STUDY. Not because it 'pays well', because ultimately a degree won't, by itself get you anywhere without the right experience, interest and aptitude for whichever path you choose. Stop chasing money and start actually thinking about what you want to do with your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57

You don't need a degree to start a company lol, just look at Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Richard Branson... Starting and growing a succesful company requires a level of tenacity that most people don't have, a vision to convince investors to give you money and to convince employees to come on board. There is no 'easy' path to making money, in fact, most companies fail.

A degree will NOT get you rich, you and your skills, personality traits and ideas will. You can envision all you want about the idea that grades actually translate into cash, but what you'll realise is they mean squat if you don't have the right aptitude (personality, ability etc) for any of these 'highly paid' jobs nor will a degree course help you become a successful entrepreneur.

So, I repeat: STUDY A DEGREE YOU WANT TO STUDY. Not because it 'pays well', because ultimately a degree won't, by itself get you anywhere without the right experience, interest and aptitude for whichever path you choose. Stop chasing money and start actually thinking about what you want to do with your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright dayum. I was curious I already have an offer that I have firmed so this is just out of curiosity. I know you don't have to have a degree to build a company but I was asking what subjects do the best companies involve. For instance a software company then you would say programming/computer science etc.
Reply 58
Alright dayum. I was curious I already have an offer that I have firmed so this is just out of curiosity. I know you don't have to have a degree to build a company but I was asking what subjects do the best companies involve. For instance a software company then you would say programming/computer science etc.

What even is your definition of "best" companies? Architects will obviously have a different list of top companies than chemists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your question doesn't make sense. 'What subjects do the best companies involve?' A degree subject =/= a company. A company has different functions, all of which hire different individuals skilled in different areas.

A software company will want to hire a good software engineer for a software engineering job. They might have a CS degree, an engineering degree, an English degree or a Physics degree - it doesn't matter, what's important is how good they are as a software engineer.

You need to reframe the way you look at jobs and degrees in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest