The Student Room Group

Are these school shoes

Hi my mum bought my older sister these shoes but now she dosent wear them so I thought I could wear them as school shoes . Should I wear them or stick with my pumps ? image.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomj200
Hi my mum bought my older sister these shoes but now she dosent wear them so I thought I could wear them as school shoes . Should I wear them or stick with my pumps ? image.jpg

Depends what your 'uniform rules' are? If they're asking for smart black shoes, I'd probably say no (they aren't particularly smart imo), but if your school is pretty lax about it, then yeh... It's worth also bearing in mind what others wear, and that'll give a good indication as whether they'd be suitable.
Reply 2
Original post by mobbsy91
Depends what your 'uniform rules' are? If they're asking for smart black shoes, I'd probably say no (they aren't particularly smart imo), but if your school is pretty lax about it, then yeh... It's worth also bearing in mind what others wear, and that'll give a good indication as whether they'd be suitable.

My school has a basic uniform policy so they would be ok a lot of girls wear these types of shoes and boys like me wear trainers and pumps I wear these pumps at the minute
image.jpg
Original post by Tomj200
My school has a basic uniform policy so they would be ok a lot of girls wear these types of shoes and boys like me wear trainers and pumps I wear these pumps at the minute
image.jpg

In that case, I'd say that they're fine to wear at school then! :smile:
Reply 4
I wear similar pumps to those as school shoes
Reply 5
These are my school shoesvimage.jpg
Original post by Tomj200

At my school neither those nor pumps would be school shoes.

I wore brogues.
Reply 7
Yeah, anything black was fine at my school :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by Dinasaurus
At my school neither those nor pumps would be school shoes.

I wore brogues.

What are brogues ?
Original post by Tomo5000
What are brogues ?

Shoes like this

Shoes like this

They are hurrendose 😁
Original post by Tomo5000
They are hurrendose 😁

I dread to think what people wore at your school, if you think brogues aren't normal. They're not the exact brogues I wore but most are quite similar.
Reply 12
I dread to think what people wore at your school, if you think brogues aren't normal. They're not the exact brogues I wore but most are quite similar.

Yeah at my school it was either wearing black dolly shoes or black brogue type shoes.
But now in 6th form it's cool, Chelsea boots all day every day :cool: or whatever except trainers/ugg boots
everyone up to sixth form generally wears:

(at least in my school lol)
Original post by KaylaB
Yeah at my school it was either wearing black dolly shoes or black brogue type shoes.
But now in 6th form it's cool, Chelsea boots all day every day :cool: or whatever except trainers/ugg boots

It was sixth form where we wore them, I guess my school had business wear policy though.
What is your obsession with school shoes?

I'm still at school me and my friends wear these image.jpg
Reply 17
It was sixth form where we wore them, I guess my school had business wear policy though.

Yeah my 6th form is business wear too, but in recent times it's slipped to more business-casual :laugh:
You seem to have a school uniform dilemma twice a week on average. Just read the policy and complain to them if it's crazy.
Original post by KaylaB
Yeah my 6th form is business wear too, but in recent times it's slipped to more business-casual :laugh:

What would you class as business wear my uniform is polo shirt school jumper and school trousers etc

Quick Reply

Latest