The Student Room Group

Economics-Further reading

I'm currently year 12 and studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics, whilst looking to study Economics at Uni (Warwick/Oxbridge or a top 5 UK ). I've been reading a lot about high achieving students doing further reading to enhance their personal statements , however I have had little luck finding anything interesting.

Any suggestions?
The Death of Economics Paul Ormerod and Liar’s Poker Michael Lewis are good economics reads in my opinion.
I'm doing GCSE Economics but I've been allowed to start AS now too :h: so I started reading some of the books my teacher suggested, the named being two of them
Reply 2
Thanks, I'll have a look shortly

Posted from TSR Mobile
freakonomics is the standard one. There is a list on the cambridge website of books you could read. I recommend the economist, staying with the current affairs is good
Reply 4
Thanks, I've heard good things about freakonomics, so may give it ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miles s
Thanks, I've heard good things about freakonomics, so may give it ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really good! And quite an easy read in my opinion
Reading something about future sustainability, global health and the environment and how economics should respond to this and how policy should change would be impressive as more pressure is being put on academics, industry and the future i.e. students to behave ethically towards society and the earth.

Freakonomics and Superfreakonomics are great. There is some documentaries on this on Youtube.

Possibly, 'Energy' by Vaclav Smil - the author is highly revered on the topics I mentioned at the beginning.

This might be a bit advanced but if you can grasp it and talk about it then I think it could score points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending