The Student Room Group

Guys why is it so weird for you to see your sister...

... socializing with a guy? I'm to embarrassed to ask my brother I noticed that he gets a stank face and he always, always has to introduce himself. His mood changes not in a bad way I can't really explain it. Why? I have another brother and he doesn't seem to care. Mind you I'm not flirting with these guys.

Another question, if you know a dude is crushing on your sister, is letting her know/ having that talk to uncomfortable for you to have with her? Why wouldn't you tell her, other then the fact knowing that these guys aren't good material ?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Because he's a guy and has insight into what they could be thinking and he's looking out for you? Or he's trying to embarrass you. Ask your brother, or tell him to back off XD
Because we're guys and we know what guys are like lol
Reply 3
I wish i had a sister so i could answer your question.
Older brother will always care.

Becauseeee...

You're his baby sister. Small, sweet and innocent (supposedly). And he knows what goes through guys' heads. So he goes territorial and protective when he perceives a threat.
Original post by Hirsty97

His face literally gets jacked up and stiff.
Original post by donutellme
Older brother will always care.

Becauseeee...

You're his baby sister. Small, sweet and innocent (supposedly). And he knows what goes through guys' heads. So he goes territorial and protective when he perceives a threat.

He's a little bit younger then me.
He's just being protective. I don't do this if I see my sister chatting to a guy, but each time I've met a bf of hers NGL I've always used a bit of subtle physical intimidation just to send a message like "You do my sister wrong, you're in trouble" :lol: So he might be doing a bit of that.
Original post by Attempt
I wish i had a sister so i could answer your question.

I second that
Original post by xobeauty
... socializing with a guy? I'm to embarrassed to ask my brother I noticed that he gets a stank face and he always, always has to introduce himself. His mood changes not in a bad way I can't really explain it. Why? I have another brother and he doesn't seem to care. Mind you I'm not flirting with these guys.

Another question, if you know a dude is crushing on your sister, is letting her know/ having that talk to uncomfortable for you to have with her? Why wouldn't you tell her, other then the fact knowing that these guys aren't good material ?
Its a natural instinct that us brothers have
Got no sisters:biggrin:
He's a little bit younger then me.

Probably still protective, especially if he's your level of maturity or in a similar social setting.
Cause she's only 3.
Original post by WoodyMKC
He's just being protective. I don't do this if I see my sister chatting to a guy, but each time I've met a bf of hers NGL I've always used a bit of subtle physical intimidation just to send a message like "You do my sister wrong, you're in trouble" :lol: So he might be doing a bit of that.

Idk what he's doing but he gets really awkward and his face stiffens his body language changes or something. It's getting annoying and bothersome. I would love to get into his brain.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Cause she's only 3.

You are so lucky oh my gosh:redface:
What a huge age gap.
Idk what he's doing but he gets really awkward and his face stiffens his body language changes or something. It's getting annoying and bothersome. I would love to get into his brain.

Why don't you ask him haha

He might just deny it or not know he does it though.
Original post by donutellme
Why don't you ask him haha

He might just deny it or not know he does it though.

I feel embarrassed and shy to ask him.
But I think his respond would be exactly what you said
It's irrational but it always gets my hackles up when my sister is interacting with guys.

I think its a combination between jealousy, fear of her becoming distanced from me and not wanting to think of her in a sexual way (in the same way you don't want to think about your parents having sex...)

The jealousy just happens if I am single, it's like if we are both single we're even but then if she gets with someone and I am single that bothers me somehow. I don't get jealous of friends or even ex girlfriends having partners but somehow I compare my situation with her and I feel like there's more pressure on me if she has a partner and I don't.

The being distanced, is to do with it changing our relationship. We have always been close and we usually chat on whatsapp every day. We'll chat about things to each other that we wouldn't do to other people as we know each other so well and its safe to talk without judgement. When either/both of us have been in relationships then we go through spells of less contact which is normal, the part that grates with me is when sometimes she's completely changed who she is, while she's been with a guy. Like she had always been very anti-drugs (I was the more liberal-minded of the two of us) and then one time she was with a guy and she started taking pills. I was surprised but I wasn't annoyed, till she started going on about how fun drugs were and how I should experiment in life more, it didn't sound like her talking. She ended up splitting up with that guy and hating him and going back to her old ways and not being interested in drugs, but I remember being disconcerted when she was with him as I felt he was a malign influence.

The not wanting to think of her in a sexual way is basically not being comfortable with the idea of other guys thinking of her in a sexual way. Like she goes out and dresses sexily and stuff and I know exactly how I would react to seeing another girl dressed like that, so it makes me feel uncomfortable although I never try and make her feel bad about it like some guys do with their sisters. But while I don't want to think about guys fancying her, I think there's a narcissistic part of me that likes the idea of people thinking she's attractive because she's got the same genetics as me, so I somehow take it as an ego boost when she posts a selfie on facebook or instagram and it gets 200 odd likes (as long as the comments are just from girls)....yeah that is narcissism...
Original post by WoodyMKC

*prsom*
Original post by Hirsty97

I read your name as "thirsty" in the context of the thread. :lol:

Yeah, what you said is true. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending