The Student Room Group

Bristol Law Student AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wrf95
yes

Original post by Wrf95
Both the accommodation and social side are great. All of my friends accommodations are really nice too so i think you have a great choice of different residents if you do choose Bristol. The social side is also really good, loads of places to go out at night and also a lot of other options if that isn't your kind of thing

Do you know anyone who does English? I'm looking at Bristol for it..
Reply 22
Original post by Nameless Ghoul

Why is it ******** to do the work asked so you know what is going on in a seminar?...
Reply 23
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Do you know anyone who does English? I'm looking at Bristol for it..

I do! They seem to be loving it. The only thing with English is the lack of contact hours, I think they said they have around 6 a week. But, having said that, it does mean you just need to be a good individual learner, and it gives you plenty of time to get your work done
Original post by Wrf95
Why is it ******** to do the work asked so you know what is going on in a seminar?...

We're busy people.
Original post by Wrf95
I do! They seem to be loving it. The only thing with English is the lack of contact hours, I think they said they have around 6 a week. But, having said that, it does mean you just need to be a good individual learner, and it gives you plenty of time to get your work done

Out of curiosity, what did they get at a levels? One of my friends has an offer from Bristol for English at AAA.
Reply 26
Out of curiosity, what did they get at a levels? One of my friends has an offer from Bristol for English at AAA.

I have no idea sorry! But yeah probably around AAA-A*AA. Though my friend did get rejected from Bristol for getting AAA instead of A*AA but i think that was due to their contextual offer policy
Original post by Wrf95
I have no idea sorry! But yeah probably around AAA-A*AA. Though my friend did get rejected from Bristol for getting AAA instead of A*AA but i think that was due to their contextual offer policy

Ahhhh right nvm.. What made you pick Bristol?
Original post by Wrf95
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions

That's great, thanks! So how many contact hours you have per week? Oh and also, which hall do you think it's the most convenient in terms of distance from uni/city centre?
Reply 29
Ahhhh right nvm.. What made you pick Bristol?

Mainly the options in the second and third year. I compared them to the other unis i was interested in and absolutely loved Bristols course. I also just absolutely fell in love with the city as a whole when i came to visit, far more than i had with anywhere else
Reply 30
Original post by Procaffinator
That's great, thanks! So how many contact hours you have per week? Oh and also, which hall do you think it's the most convenient in terms of distance from uni/city centre?

Roughly like 15? but it does vary from week to week depending on when your seminars are placed and whether there are more lectures etc. For convenience i'd say any in the clifton area. Most of your lectures will likely be in the victoria rooms - so for me its about a five minute walk, whereas if you are in the city centre its about a twenty minute walk. So i'd go with Goldney, Manor Hall, Richmond Terrace, Hawthorns etc. Rather than the court rooms, nelson house or any of the accommodation in stoke bishop if you are looking for convenience
I'm also studying law at Bristol 😁

Imo, the course is a lot easier than my friends who are studying law at Warwick and York due to the fact that we only have one coursework module. Also, besides the mock exams in January, we've not not had to do any other essays. In some ways, I think I've found first year to be less stressful than A Levels
Reply 32
Original post by lisa96
I'm also studying law at Bristol 😁

Imo, the course is a lot easier than my friends who are studying law at Warwick and York due to the fact that we only have one coursework module. Also, besides the mock exams in January, we've not not had to do any other essays. In some ways, I think I've found first year to be less stressful than A Levels

What?? You prefer exams over coursework?

Wow...
Original post by *Stefan*
What?? You prefer exams over coursework?

Wow...

I'm probs gonna fail the exams but i prefer them over the stress of coursework 😂

I'm just really glad that I don't have to do essays every week like I used to at a level.

Are you also at bristol?
Reply 34
Original post by lisa96
I'm probs gonna fail the exams but i prefer them over the stress of coursework 😂

I'm just really glad that I don't have to do essays every week like I used to at a level.

Are you also at bristol?

Yep.

Sounds a bit strange to me to be honest...

Coursework is nasty, but exams are terrible (especially the ones here... the essays barely make sense).
Reply 35
Original post by *Stefan*
Yep.

Sounds a bit strange to me to be honest...

Coursework is nasty, but exams are terrible (especially the ones here... the essays barely make sense).

Yeah the coursework essays have been fine, dreading exams...
Hi, how did you find the workload?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending