The Student Room Group

GCSE Subjects.

I am taking GCSE Biology, Statistics and French (Year 10)

Any Statistics coursework advice, would be appreciated
It would probably be best if you give me a load of questions on your Statistics coursework and I can answer them. :h:
Original post by Samad_Chaudhry
Hello!

My Statistics coursework Plan is this Monday.

Tips?

Hello! :h:

The plan is about 10 marks, so it doesn't have to be too long. Just be detailed and to the point.

For a first make sure you have a good hypothesis, as this is what your investigation is going to be based around. It will take time to figure out a hypothesis you'd be happy with, but take your time. Check the phrasing of your hypothesis.

It should be in the format of "If _____[I do this] _____, then _____ [this] _____ will happen." Many people make the mistake of writing a question, for example "Do girls go to the gym more than boys?". This is incorrect. You should pick one side, hence it should be phrased like "Girls visit the gym more than boys in an average week". See how I added "...an average week", this is another segment of your hypothesis. Make sure you have a time frame, this will make it easier to investigate.

Spoiler

Write in detail how you plan to collect your data and what sampling method you will use. You plan needs to be detailed.
You need to answer the following questions in a similar format to this in your plan:

What sampling method are you going to use? (Define and explain sampling method e.g. stratified sampling)

How do you plan to collect your data?

How will you represent the data? (e.g. histogram, scatter diagram, box plots...)

Who are you going to be collecting the data from? (Who is your investigation based around?)

Why are you collecting your data this way? (List advantages of sampling method)

Why can be the possible risks of using this sampling method be? (List disadvantages)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest