The Student Room Group

Head or Heart?

I'm unsure what I want to do in the future as a career choice. I've always been brought up with the attitude of only going to University if the job I wish to go in requires a degree but I am not sure if I should go for the experience as a whole or go for an alternative route (i.e. an apprenticeship). Also, if I do choose to go onto Uni do I go for a course I love (History and English Literature) or do I go for a sensible course which will likely get me into a well paid job? I am money motivated and wish to do well in life but I would like to love what I do, not loath every minute of it.

Scroll to see replies

Heart. Always.
Reply 2
Original post by similarBlank
Heart. Always.

Even if it goes wrong?
Reply 3
Original post by similarBlank
Heart. Always.

Unless you don't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just find a history English course with good career prospects, research into it, it will be worth it!
Reply 5
wait a minute first i dont understand when people say ....should i go with what my heart or head says...........because all your thoughts come from your head
anyways ....work towards the job that you really have passion for because you only live once , therefore acheive great things
Reply 6
Original post by ForestShadow

Just find a history English course with good career prospects, research into it, it will be worth it!

I really like that! I just don't want to pick one thing and regret it later on that's all.
Reply 7
Original post by Impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I do, at least I hope I do.
Always go with what you will enjoy most. Life is too short to not have fun.
Reply 9
Original post by NomNoms
wait a minute first i dont understand when people say ....should i go with what my heart or head says...........because all your thoughts come from your head
anyways ....work towards the job that you really have passion for because you only live once , therefore acheive great things

Never thought of it like that......that is a good point.
Original post by meganellenor
I'm unsure what I want to do in the future as a career choice. I've always been brought up with the attitude of only going to University if the job I wish to go in requires a degree but I am not sure if I should go for the experience as a whole or go for an alternative route (i.e. an apprenticeship). Also, if I do choose to go onto Uni do I go for a course I love (History and English Literature) or do I go for a sensible course which will likely get me into a well paid job? I am money motivated and wish to do well in life but I would like to love what I do, not loath every minute of it.

Give me your heart and I'll give you head.
Soz

History and English lit are pretty fine courses to do so you'll still be perfectly employable.
I'm sad you feel motivated by money though :frown: but hey if it makes you happy
Never thought of it like that......that is a good point.

ty:smile:
Original post by Poldork
Give me your heart and I'll give you head.
Soz

History and English lit are pretty fine courses to do so you'll still be perfectly employable.
I'm sad you feel motivated by money though :frown: but hey if it makes you happy

smoooooooooth
I just want to have nice cars and nice clothes but I want to get there by doing what I love rather than hating every second of it
Original post by Tasty Apple
Always go with what you will enjoy most. Life is too short to not have fun.

Thank you :smile:
What sensible course are you thinking of
smoooooooooth
I just want to have nice cars and nice clothes but I want to get there by doing what I love rather than hating every second of it

That's not impossible though realistically that is not going to happen.
Doing what you love is better than making more money however if you want to make money and do what you love I suggest making the money first.
Original post by yoda123
What sensible course are you thinking of

something along the lines of business management and then working my way up from there I hoped.
What option would be heart, and what would be head?
What job is it?
smoooooooooth

I'll try not to make the rough / smoooth joke, there's enough of that on the biology chat up line thread...
You know you can get them and not be loaded you just need to be careful with money and prioritise what matters to you.

Definitely go with loving what you do though , the pleasure of Porsches will not make up for the monotony of every single monday for the rest of your life :smile:
Original post by Impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you didn't have one you'd be dead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending