The Student Room Group

She led me on and now she wants help?

I am best friend with this girl for around 2 years, I started liking her recently, and we ended up kissing as things got really flirty between us.

Two weeks after the kiss, she tells me how she allowed a guy to stay in her bed, she said they only kissed, but that's not true.

So that's life, I cut contact and move on, she is on my course but I don't feel awkward if i see her.

Today she gets back in touch, after nothing for two weeks. She wants help studying. She has no one to help her. I ask you only came back because you need me, she turns it all around on me, and says it's my fault and that I was to nasty to her. And that she always been the first to text and make plans between us.

She then says, we don't have to be friends after, I can pay you money or buy you Texas books for next year. Yes things got this desperate.

1. Part of me feels bad, I've been in situations where I have had no one to help me study. It's depressing, especially when you are struggling.
2. I usually enjoy helping people, I always bump into people in my course in the library, and offer to help people without anything in return.
3. I am angry, the other guy gives her nothing but she sleeps with him. I do everything and she rewards me with leading me on.
Cut contact for good this time and move on.
That's quite callous, she cheats on you with someone else then thinks it's perfectly feasible to ask for your help, she is just using you for her best interest.

I am sure you already know what to do?

EDIT: And did she honestly believe that you'll believe her when she said "stay in her bed", as if nothing happened and he just took a nap with a good night kiss. She clearly doesn't think highly of you.
(edited 8 years ago)
let her go, if you get back in contact your just showing her that your still available for her, and you dont wanna show her that.
Block her out of your life, literally.
Reply 5
Original post by Brixton drill
That's quite callous, she cheats on you with someone else then thinks it's perfectly feasible to ask for your help, she is just using you for her best interest.

I am sure you already know what to do?

EDIT: And did she honestly believe that you'll believe her when she said "stay in her bed", as if nothing happened and he just took a nap with a good night kiss. She clearly doesn't think highly of you.

Yeah I already know that, I just feel guilty as I've been in situations where I've had no to to help me. That's why I always help people when they struggle with studying.

And yeah I know they didn't just take a nap.
Reply 6
Original post by suryyyyynn
let her go, if you get back in contact your just showing her that your still available for her, and you dont wanna show her that.

I have cut contact. And I won't be avaliable to her
Were you two actually together though?

Her kissing you may have only been a bit of fun for her?
Reply 8
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
Were you two actually together though?

Her kissing you may have only been a bit of fun for her?

Yeah we were not together so she didn't cheat, but she led me on, something which upsets me.
I know this sounds weird. Maybe she's actually trying to get closer to you again and is using the exam help as an excuse?
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah we were not together so she didn't cheat, but she led me on, something which upsets me.

I get why you feel upset (you obviously had feelings for her), but perhaps you also expected that it would naturally develop into something more, whereas for her or her point of view she probably thinks she never gave that impression or feeling that it would ever get further than just a kiss/bit of fun.

If its upsetting being around her, then i'd stay well clear.
Original post by cosmic angel
I know this sounds weird. Maybe she's actually trying to get closer to you again and is using the exam help as an excuse?

Maybe but I'm still a bit upset that she led my on
Original post by Anonymous
I am best friend with this girl for around 2 years, I started liking her recently, and we ended up kissing as things got really flirty between us.

Two weeks after the kiss, she tells me how she allowed a guy to stay in her bed, she said they only kissed, but that's not true.

So that's life, I cut contact and move on, she is on my course but I don't feel awkward if i see her.

Today she gets back in touch, after nothing for two weeks. She wants help studying. She has no one to help her. I ask you only came back because you need me, she turns it all around on me, and says it's my fault and that I was to nasty to her. And that she always been the first to text and make plans between us.

She then says, we don't have to be friends after, I can pay you money or buy you Texas books for next year. Yes things got this desperate.

1. Part of me feels bad, I've been in situations where I have had no one to help me study. It's depressing, especially when you are struggling.
2. I usually enjoy helping people, I always bump into people in my course in the library, and offer to help people without anything in return.
3. I am angry, the other guy gives her nothing but she sleeps with him. I do everything and she rewards me with leading me on.

Hmmmm maybe she slept with this guy because she wanted to??? Sex isn't about give and take and just because you've done things for someone doesn't mean you're owed anything!
Also, you shouldn't do things for someone because you're expecting something in return. If you're actually a nice person, you do it because you want to.

She hasn't done anything wrong. You weren't together, so she hasn't cheated. You say she's led you on but I don't see how, it was only a kiss!
Look at it from her point of view, you kissed (not a big deal)..you're not together, so she's free to get with someone else. She confides in you about kissing someone else, and then you cut contact. She's probably confused as she thought you were both friends?? So it's understandable that she thinks you weren't very nice to her.

Don't help her if you're going to expect her to sleep with you in return!
Original post by cosmic angel

Even if she was she cant be trusted.

OP, just her off before she breaks your feelings.
just cut off contact let the user suffer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending