The Student Room Group

AS-Level Which history topic to choose ?

Hi,

I'm doing my AS-Levels and i was wondering which two of the History is interesting?

Unit 1 :

France Revolution 1774-99
Germany 1918-1945
Britain 1964-90

Unit 2 :

China 1900-76
Russia 1917-91
Original post by Hanna423
Hi,

I'm doing my AS-Levels and i was wondering which two of the History is interesting?

Unit 1 :

France Revolution 1774-99
Germany 1918-1945
Britain 1964-90

Unit 2 :

China 1900-76
Russia 1917-91

I studied Russia at AS level and personally found it really interesting, normally in history in secondary school you only hear about Britain or WW2 and Germany and stuff which gets a bit tedious after a while so it was a nice change :smile: but I'm currently doing Germany at A2 now and despite doing it at GCSE I'm really enjoying it because at A Level you go into so much more depth and there are so many more things to learn and write about in essays :smile:)
Reply 2
Original post by Salamandastron
Only choose the Britain one of you are really into politics. Honestly sometimes i feel like it is a politics AS as a huge amount of it is about elections etc and a lot of economics. It surprised me in that there is less social content than i had imagined, not that i mind paticuarly because i like politics but just a word of warning there :smile:
oh and btw that is for AQA 1951-2007 but the topics correspond to yours :smile:

Oh thank you ! i'm not really into the politics part so do u know any history which doesn't involve it much? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest