The Student Room Group

A2 CCEA Ireland 1900-25

Any thoughts on what might come up?
Hi, I'm currently studying this myself and currently think that The Easter Rising could come up as an essay but I am hoping it would come up as a source. I also believe that the decline of the IPP could come up a as a source question. However I have also noticed that Home Rule also seems to come up in someway every year. So I am currently emphasising on those topics in my revision. Have you any thoughts?
Reply 2
mho
OP
Original post by vintagesha
Hi, I'm currently studying this myself and currently think that The Easter Rising could come up as an essay but I am hoping it would come up as a source. I also believe that the decline of the IPP could come up a as a source question. However I have also noticed that Home Rule also seems to come up in someway every year. So I am currently emphasising on those topics in my revision. Have you any thoughts?

No idea what will come up for the essay but I think for the sources it could be Irish Civil War, Truce or Treaty as it's never been asked before as a source question.
I doubt unionism will come up again but going to revise it anyways to be safe.
Original post by mho
No idea what will come up for the essay but I think for the sources it could be Irish Civil War, Truce or Treaty as it's never been asked before as a source question.

Yeah it's always hard to predict an exam but this year especially is difficult considering the source question for last year was quite difficult! I never even considered the civil war or the treaty as a source, will definitely look into that! How do you find the sources anyways? I'm kind of struggling to incorporate my own knowledge and interpretations into them. My class were thinking for the essay it could be the Easter Rising, Home Rule or Craig's government.
Reply 4
I did A2 CCEA History last year so if you need any help, please ask. :h:
Reply 5
mho
OP
Original post by vintagesha
Yeah it's always hard to predict an exam but this year especially is difficult considering the source question for last year was quite difficult! I never even considered the civil war or the treaty as a source, will definitely look into that! How do you find the sources anyways? I'm kind of struggling to incorporate my own knowledge and interpretations into them. My class were thinking for the essay it could be the Easter Rising, Home Rule or Craig's government.

You don't have to include interpretations into 1(a) as you are answering what is the value of the source for example if the source is a private letter then it implies that the content is honest etc.
Reply 6
mho
OP
Original post by Airmed
I did A2 CCEA History last year so if you need any help, please ask. :h:

What was your A2(1) unit? I do the development of nationalism but I'm really struggling to find good historiography for Parnell, revolutionary nationalism and cultural nationalism.
Reply 7
Original post by mho
What was your A2(1) unit? I do the development of nationalism but I'm really struggling to find good historiography for Parnell, revolutionary nationalism and cultural nationalism.

I did Nationalism also. :h: Has your teacher been giving you quotes?
Reply 8
mho
OP
Original post by Airmed
I did Nationalism also. :h: Has your teacher been giving you quotes?

Mostly just Russell Rees as we use his book. I have some Geoghegan and the odd comment from Bew and Joyce but that's about it.
Reply 9
Original post by mho
Mostly just Russell Rees as we use his book. I have some Geoghegan and the odd comment from Bew and Joyce but that's about it.

No Kee? :redface: I thought everyone used him! You don't need to be going overboard on historians. Answering the question and using historians to back up your point is sufficient.
Original post by mho
You don't have to include interpretations into 1(a) as you are answering what is the value of the source for example if the source is a private letter then it implies that the content is honest etc.

So you only need to answer this section regarding the value of the source alone?
Original post by mho

What can you say about Irish civil war in terms of source?? I dont think i have any notes for this since im resitting this paper and self-studying :frown:
My history teacher has predicted Home Rule, Easter Uprising and Truce to come up! Home Rule as the source question and the insurrection of 1916 and theTruce as the two big essays! Home Rule hasn't come up in 4 years as a source question so it's due up big time! Civil war has only ever come up as an essay and it came up two years ago whilst the truce came up three years ago as an essay therefore it has more of a chance of coming up than civil war! In general I'd focus mainly on Home Rule, Easter Uprising and the Truce as the main topics of discussion for the Ireland paper this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending