The Student Room Group

Cannot decide between Surrey and Exeter! Please help!

Hi TSR! As the title says, and I hope I posted this in the correct place.

I have received unconditional offers from both Surrey (4 year sandwich with placement) and Exeter (3 year LLB).

The Surrey offer really appealed to me, as people constantly talk about how important work experience is, and that the competitive nature of the field of study suggests placements would be a great idea to accept the offer. However, I come from a really low income household, and due to my postcode I am not eligible for any bursaries whatsoever at Surrey. Guildford looks lovely, but I'm worried about it being really expensive, and struggling to support myself for the sake of a placement.

Exeter on the other hand, whilst not having a placement year have good connections to local firms? and are a very reputable university?. They are offering me bursaries and It's a cheaper place to live and study I've heard.

Do any of you think I would be worse or better off taking the Exeter offer? Is the Surrey placement opportunity too good to pass on?

Thanks!
Original post by EclipsedHakuren
Hi TSR!

What do you intend on doing as a career?
Original post by TSRFT8
What do you intend on doing as a career?

As far as specialties are concerned, I'm not sure yet. But I know that I want my chances of getting a training contract with a firm to be as high as possible.
Exeter! Much better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Definitely Exeter
Original post by EclipsedHakuren
Hi TSR! As the title says, and I hope I posted this in the correct place.

I have received unconditional offers from both Surrey (4 year sandwich with placement) and Exeter (3 year LLB).

The Surrey offer really appealed to me, as people constantly talk about how important work experience is, and that the competitive nature of the field of study suggests placements would be a great idea to accept the offer. However, I come from a really low income household, and due to my postcode I am not eligible for any bursaries whatsoever at Surrey. Guildford looks lovely, but I'm worried about it being really expensive, and struggling to support myself for the sake of a placement.

Exeter on the other hand, whilst not having a placement year have good connections to local firms? and are a very reputable university?. They are offering me bursaries and It's a cheaper place to live and study I've heard.

Do any of you think I would be worse or better off taking the Exeter offer? Is the Surrey placement opportunity too good to pass on?

Thanks!

Exeter, hands down.
Exeter, no contest.
Reply 7
Definately Exeter
Alright, Thanks guys and girls! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending