The Student Room Group

uni???

AAA at AS but VERY poor gcses, should i still bother applying for the top uni's?
As long as you have a C in English and Maths you should be fine I assume, what do you want to apply for?

Medicine and more competitive courses would take them into consideration, other courses not so much
I think if you preform well in an interview, with grades like that I'm sure it can be negotiable
Reply 3
of course you can. It shows MASSIVE improvements, universities will definitely be looking to give you offers. However top universities may require B in maths and english. They'll tell you when you apply via UCAS.

Even if this is the case you could just easily retake english and maths during your second year, which is A LOT easier to score high grades (especially if you're getting AAA at AS level)
Original post by emison1998
AAA at AS but VERY poor gcses, should i still bother applying for the top uni's?

You're either applying extremely late if you've already got your AS results or have sat and received your AS results extremely early. Which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Eternalflames
As long as you have a C in English and Maths you should be fine I assume, what do you want to apply for?

Medicine and more competitive courses would take them into consideration, other courses not so much

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking of applying for some form of social science
Reply 6
Original post by Sacred Ground
You're either applying extremely late if you've already got your AS results or have sat and received your AS results extremely early. Which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sat and received really early! I've had a bit of an unconventional approach to education for a variety of reasons. But I'm studying my A2s in September
Reply 7
Original post by Drunq
of course you can. It shows MASSIVE improvements, universities will definitely be looking to give you offers. However top universities may require B in maths and english. They'll tell you when you apply via UCAS.

Even if this is the case you could just easily retake english and maths during your second year, which is A LOT easier to score high grades (especially if you're getting AAA at AS level)

I have a C in maths but an A in English lang and an A* in Lit
Original post by emison1998
Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking of applying for some form of social science

You should be fine then, provided you have minimum C in Maths and English :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest