The Student Room Group

English Language 2016 quick question

Just for reassurance is it correct that you wont lose marks for going over the 250 - 350 suggested word count in question 1 and 2 ??
Original post by LifeInEducation
Just for reassurance is it correct that you won't lose marks for going over the 250 - 350 suggested word count in question 1 and 2 ??

Yes, you will loose marks.But im not sure but apprantly if you go over the word count they will not mark you at all.
i was told by someone else i wont get penalised for it as long as its not question 3.
Reply 3
If it's anything like Geography coursework they probably deduct a couple of marks, it's 2 for Geography as exceeding word count does not allow the highest band so if your answer was the top band it usually required answer to be within word limit. Best to check this though with your teacheer. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
You DO NOT lose marks for going over nor ignored by the examiner. However, you will not be able to get to the top band as you're not concise.
For the second question part a I said the overall effect is like a dream? Is that a good effect because I stressed out on that paper :biggrin:

Thanks Clive
Reply 6
the paper was so difficult... I didn't have time to check my word count hopefully it is within word count .... my teacher did say it is fine if you go over 10% of the word count :s-smilie:
Question 2 they definitely don't care about, I not too sure about question 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending