The Student Room Group

Can girls be friends with very attractive guys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethwalker85
I have a good friend who is a 10/10 and he knows it, but he uses his looks and treats girls rubbish. He's my friend, but because I know his personality I would never be attracted to him.

I can't seem to make friends with girls, they always assume that i want a relationship with them when i approach.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
why?

I am a sucker for a good personality, so after a while I can imagine I would fall for him.

I am not one to fancy someone purely based on their looks, but that would certainly help if they had the good personality to go with the looks.
I don't see why not
Reply 23
Attractiveness is subjective
I guess so
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Yes if they are lesbian...
With a great personality.
Can you girls?
Without falling for him?

I think it would be hard to be friends with an attractive guy without falling for him.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
it's a struggle not gonna lie
a lot of different things can be attractive
like one minute you're thinking ok he isn't even that good looking, then he does the smallest thing n you're like ok i like u know

This is me. Literally me:facepalm:
Sure. I'm friends with a lovely guy who's very handsome.
Tbh this is exactly what i get all the time.
Im not saying I'm a 10/10, because i personally don't think i am, but girls seem to think that i am.
All girls seem to ignore me, but then ill catch them staring at me.
I understand that no girls will approach me, so I've started approaching girls to make friends.
Even when i approach girls and want to be just friends, they seem suspicious.
How do i actually go about making female friends?
Ive been called a player for no apparent reason.

I am pretty sure that there are a few girls that would love to be friends with you, dw.
You just have to be very open and friendly to them and that would make them be your friend.
The reason why they are suspicious is because they might assume they you are just after sex or that you won't take the friendship seriously. A lot of girls think attractive guys are players because they get more female attention increasing their opportunity to cheat which is just weird to me.
Can you girls?
Without falling for him?

Me personally, yes but I have to admit I'd end up having a crush on you at some point. I'm a sucker for a great personality, but I'd expect that crush to pass away, or I won't act on my feelings/make it grow you know. I wouldn't show it and just carry on per norm being friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can you girls?
Without falling for him?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you know what i mean
Reply 32
Original post by thefatone
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you know what i mean

Loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Me personally, yes but I have to admit I'd end up having a crush on you at some point. I'm a sucker for a great personality, but I'd expect that crush to pass away, or I won't act on my feelings/make it grow you know. I wouldn't show it and just carry on per norm being friends.

Original post by loveleest
I am pretty sure that there are a few girls that would love to be friends with you, dw.
You just have to be very open and friendly to them and that would make them be your friend.
The reason why they are suspicious is because they might assume they you are just after sex or that you won't take the friendship seriously. A lot of girls think attractive guys are players because they get more female attention increasing their opportunity to cheat which is just weird to me.

If you started catching feelings, do you distance yourself?
Like not contact them anymore?

Ermm it depends on 1) If he has a girlfriend 2) If he only ever see's me as a friend, then yes I will.
Ermm it depends on 1) If he has a girlfriend 2) If he only ever see's me as a friend, then yes I will.

he has no girlfriend but wtf? He only sees you as a friend but why distance yourself because of that?
he has no girlfriend but wtf? He only sees you as a friend but why distance yourself because of that?

lol girls get too b*tchy easily :biggrin: I would rather not get involved, already had enough of that BS in my life.
lol girls get too b*tchy easily :biggrin: I would rather not get involved, already had enough of that BS in my life.

so tell me, how am i suppose to make friends that are girls?
so tell me, how am i suppose to make friends that are girls?

Well it can be difficult for you because maybe every girl you show interest in, she might assume that you are interested in her as relationship rather than a friendship.
Honestly, I am not too sure. If you go to the library, gym, or even classes you might be familiar to them and say hi and maybe start a conversation with them that sounds polite/friendly. Obviously you can't make friends with a girl you met from a club from last night if you get what I am trying to say?

Nopppee. Ofc not. If I do do catch feelings sometime, and if they do notice I'm acting weird, I'd just be open about it tbh- hoping that they are an open minded person and take it with the flow (I wouldn't say it cause I want them to like me, but just to get it off out of my chest you see)
However if they don't notice, I'd still carry on being friends with them you see if they're a great person. Like why ruin that? I won't act on anything with them unless they make it clear that they like me too uno?

Quick Reply

Latest